7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Mar 6, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #2,371 of 4,273
I've decided that I want to make them open-back. They'd be the best IEM in the world if I could find a way to do it properly. If I break the earphones while doing it, then so be it, I'll buy a second, then a third pair. Has anyone else ever tried this?
Let me know if you want to sell a 2.5mm timeless cable for a reasonable price.

Messed around with my leyding cable, and 2.5mm to 1/4" adapter on the L50 and the magic went away again, but could have been the leyding cable. I liked that cable best with the btr5, though which is weird. Wide soundstage went away, sounded more clinically dead, and the lushness of the upper mids and treble went away. Back to the 3.5mm cable to 1/4" adapter. Pretty hard to get better than this imo, but not really sure what's going on. I'll have to mess around more with my other iems, but I think I like unbalanced more than balanced. I'm too lazy to properly test because I'd have to get another tripowin 3.5mm cable, but in general 2.5mm sounds too smooth and clinical to where it's boring to me. Still too small of a sample size, though.

I also tried the olina again with the 2.5mm to 1/4" adapter I just got, and just not feeling it. It sounds better on my utws3's. Ugh this hobby, lol!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #2,372 of 4,273
Btr5. PC headphone jack before that. PC headphone jack was awful with the timeless. Btr5, I was like ehh, I can kinda see what people are talking about. Resolution, response, and technicalities are good. L50, is another league above that where it's audio nirvana.
Whatever works. I know the BTR5 is pretty popular but I've never heard one. You mentioned the Kinera Leyding cable in another post. I have a Ledying cable but a 2 pin. I haven't used it on any iem's yet aside from a quick test. I'm using the cheaper Kinera Ace with Timeless and Epro tips. Very happy with the cable and tips on Timeless. Haven't spent any time with Timeless on any of the desktop amps (Quicksilver HPA or Vali 2). But, sounds good with my portables (Kann Alpha and DX220). Prefer it with the Alpha. 2.5mm balanced from both.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #2,374 of 4,273
Well written review. Too many FR graphs confirming it and enough comments about it that the 5K peak alone would be a deal breaker for me. Hard pass for me on this one. 7Hz probably has to produce a winner with their next offering or they risk being written off as one hit wonders. Eternal "smells" like an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of Timeless with more regard to striking while the iron is still hot than actually putting out a high quality iem. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #2,375 of 4,273
Whatever works. I know the BTR5 is pretty popular but I've never heard one. You mentioned the Kinera Leyding cable in another post. I have a Ledying cable but a 2 pin. I haven't used it on any iem's yet aside from a quick test. I'm using the cheaper Kinera Ace with Timeless and Epro tips. Very happy with the cable and tips on Timeless. Haven't spent any time with Timeless on any of the desktop amps (Quicksilver HPA or Vali 2). But, sounds good with my portables (Kann Alpha and DX220). Prefer it with the Alpha. 2.5mm balanced from both.
Mine is 2 pin as well. Using it with mmcx adapters. It's funny because timeless was I think the first iem I purchased, and I got all the mmcx adapters and stuff, and now I have well over a dozen iems and the timeless is still my only mmcx one, lol. Just looked at the kann alpha and it's def way outta my price range. =[. I am interested in how timeless sounds with vali 2 if you get around to it. I almost bought that on the classifieds here.

Mar 7, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #2,376 of 4,273
Mar 7, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #2,377 of 4,273
Mine is 2 pin as well. Using it with mmcx adapters. It's funny because timeless was I think the first iem I purchased, and I got all the mmcx adapters and stuff, and now I have well over a dozen iems and the timeless is still my only mmcx one, lol. Just looked at the kann alpha and it's def way outta my price range. =[. I am interested in how timeless sounds with vali 2 if you get around to it. I almost bought that on the classifieds here.
I wouldn't buy the Kann Alpha anyway. I love it's tonality and it drives every iem that I own without issue, including the P1. But, it apparently doesn't put out near the clean power that it's specs suggest that it does. It apparently makes the voltage that it claims but not cleanly and/or not into any load that would be representative of any iem or headphone. IMO, it's deceptive in the way in which they promote the power of the player and state the power specs.

Mar 7, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #2,378 of 4,273
I listened to the Timeless for 20-25h and the sound changed enormously, it became more V-shaped, very strong bass came out and the highs got a little tamed but still sound quite harsh. It will probably change again.

I couldn't find a seal with any stock tip, maybe I needed a bigger size. I am using Tennmak ultra strong or KZ and other inverted tips, just so I get the seal.

Mar 7, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #2,379 of 4,273
I listened to the Timeless for 20-25h and the sound changed enormously, it became more V-shaped, very strong bass came out and the highs got a little tamed but still sound quite harsh. It will probably change again.

I couldn't find a seal with any stock tip, maybe I needed a bigger size. I am using Tennmak ultra strong or KZ and other inverted tips, just so I get the seal.
The bass on the 7Hz Timeless is Amazing! I am listening to Electronica all the time, specifically for at least 3 - 4 hours every day after work and the entire day on my days off. It is fantastic! And, please note that I am currently listening through a "mediocre" setup = UTWS5 (aptX Adaptive) + SpinFit CP100+

After a week, or so, I am expecting my second pair of the Timeless, a 4 Cores Graphene cable and some Whizzer EASYTIPS SS20. Those will be used with my Qudelix-5K, in the beginning, and afterwards with either the Mojo 2 or the ifi Gryphon. Not sure, yet, which of the two I will purchase. It is then when I am hoping to hear what the Timeless truly sound like...

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #2,380 of 4,273
I booked 2 cause whenever I grab my original edp (we had this talk before hehehe) I’m reminded that there’s pair of headphones that sound brutally analogue, with true to life drums and god damn… everything sounds so palpable. I tried the timeless and I really got tempted… til I placed the edp on my ears again.

Edp paired with either mojo1 (currently conspiring to get mojo2) and wm1a are the kind of pairings that make me feel I don’t need anything else in this hobby. So much that I stopped buying hyped gear. Maybe not thread to post this but still… if you catch an edp on the wild GRAB IT
What a great idea. I have the Mojo2 for a few weeks but haven't checked the EDP yet. Sounds excellent with Timeless though.

Mar 11, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #2,382 of 4,273
Ok, I've been listening critically for about 6 straight hours now. I've gone through my tried-and-true test tracks with my top-tier IEMs and compared them to my Timeless with aftermarket cables. And I'm just going to come right out and say it, because it needs to be said: the Timeless have now replaced every other IEM I own. Tomorrow I list all of my other IEMs for sale. If anyone is interested in a MEST, Anole VX, or similar, keep your eyes peeled.

Someday, soon perhaps, the rest of the world will come to the same conclusion that I have. All other IEMs are now obsolete. Planar technology will take over.

It is also likely that I will buy my third Timeless tomorrow as well. It will feel good to give 7Hz some more $$ for their future.
I don't have anything like the stuff you have to compare them against, but I've seen all different stuff in reviews ie: hardly no soundstage, unatural instruments and tambre, blah blah, I could only compare them to my T3 plus and tin t2, and honestly it's like comparing £50 sets to a £500 set, the holographic soundstage is unbelievable, can't even listen to those other sets anymore, I honestly think iem reviews are a bit pointless when they go into detail about the sound, I mean there are so many different variables like the reviewers preference etc, there is only one way to see if you like a certain set, and that's to hear them in person.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #2,384 of 4,273
The good thing about timeless is it is very good OOTB. The detail is pretty insane for the price, all you need to do is just a little tweak in EQ to your preference although I find it unnecessary for my ears.

Mar 12, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #2,385 of 4,273
The Timeless is the perfect IEM as soon as you use EQ to optimize it. No reason to upgrade for now. Get a better source that let's you use EQ instead.
Can you quickly compare 7Hz with SOG ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back