7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Mar 12, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #2,386 of 4,275
Can you quickly compare 7Hz with SOG ?
SOG has much more slam. Resolution is not quite as good as on my Timeless. Details are far more prominent on the SOG. SOG is almost perfectly tuned, the Timeless needs EQ for perfect tuning. SOG is much better when it comes to vocals. Very prominent, lots of details. Basically reference tuning, like studio monitors.

The tuning is the best part. Reference-like with perfectly extended treble. Timeless means typical planar speed and planar highs. The SOG is so detailed that it outclasses the planar driver of the Timeless when it comes to instrument separation and clarity. Also much more soundstage, good for gaming.

My SOG has driver flex when using silicon tips. The SOG needs minimum 200 hours burn-in.

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #2,387 of 4,275
Second pair of the 7Hz Timeless received today, order placed on: Feb 19, 2022 on AliExpress. Really happy, already started burning them in, I will listen to them again after 7 days :)

PS: For the Timeless, I've paid £148.67

Attachments

• NEW.jpg
    NEW.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #2,388 of 4,275
Whizzer Easytips didn't work for me at all in terms of sound. They absolutely ruined the highs in Timeless making them unnatural and twisted like hell. Guitar strums were absolutely unbearable. What sounded very good so far is the stock white or pink tips. So I figured out that the shallow and wide horn-like opening tips are not for me. Will wait for the Azla Xelastec and Symbio W to be delivered. And then I'll test them to see how they compare to the stock ones and to the Whizzers.

Mar 12, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #2,389 of 4,275
Second pair of the 7Hz Timeless received today, order placed on: Feb 19, 2022 on AliExpress. Really happy, already started burning them in, I will listen to them again after 7 days :)

PS: For the Timeless, I've paid £148.67
Should do comparison OOTB vs burned in then you will know if burn in is BS or not yourself.

Mar 12, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #2,390 of 4,275
Should do comparison OOTB vs burned in then you will know if burn in is BS or not yourself.
I've done it, twice (I have 3 Timeless). My oldest pair had about 200 hours on it before I bought my second. Honestly I would say the second pair sounded 95% the same, or even closer, after about 10 hours. I guess things may have changed slowly after that, but I couldn't hear any real differences.

Initially I could hear a slight difference. The newer ones sounded slightly looser and less refined. But nothing dramatic. In my opinion, I wouldn't worry too much about burn-in, despite what others may claim.

Mar 12, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #2,391 of 4,275
Well, I have listened to my new pair as soon as it arrived for like 30 min. Out if the box, exactly like my first pair, It has a thin sound, "completely" lacking of bass and with harsh, sibilant, treble. My other pair sounds absolutely amazing! It is like night and day! So, for me, they definitely need some burn it time! Perhaps not for 7 days, non-stop, as I'm planning to do it, but they definitely need some hours. So for me it is not BS at all. I do not mind leaving them playing because I am already listening to the other pair on my UTWS5.

What will be of real interest to me is how they will sound connected to my Qudelix 5K, wearing the Whizzer EASYTIPS SS20 or the SpinFit 100+, with the 4 Cores Graphene XINHS cable. That is of genuine interest to me - to compare them with my UTWS5.

Another genuinely interesting thing for me, will be how they will sound compared to these. I will order them next Saturday but, unfortunately, one month and more will pass, until I will know.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #2,392 of 4,275
I finally pulled a cable, swap on my Eternal. Swapped over to the 8 Core Pure Silver Litz I had on the Timeless and its a new set IEMs. There's far more definition and texture in the bass and a lot more clarity & sparkle up top..... Just ordered another one of these cables so both seta can have their own. I love both Timeless and the Eternal but the stock cables, while looking sexy, are clearly their choke points.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #2,393 of 4,275
Whizzer Easytips didn't work for me at all in terms of sound. They absolutely ruined the highs in Timeless making them unnatural and twisted like hell. Guitar strums were absolutely unbearable. What sounded very good so far is the stock white or pink tips. So I figured out that the shallow and wide horn-like opening tips are not for me. Will wait for the Azla Xelastec and Symbio W to be delivered. And then I'll test them to see how they compare to the stock ones and to the Whizzers.
The Xelastec tips are wide bore like the rest of the Azla range so if you don't favor a wide bore tip you may not like the Azla's. Worth a shot though.

Mar 13, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #2,394 of 4,275
I've put on the Whizzer Easytips SS20 L, and the bass immediately came back on my new pair of Timeless! I'm talking about listening to them with the stock cable and tips, with less than 24 hours of total playing time, and then switching to the Whizzer tips. No issue with the treble at all. I'm listening to Qobuz right now, Amazon HD a little earlier. No issue. The fit is great, as well.

Mar 13, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #2,395 of 4,275
The Xelastec tips are wide bore like the rest of the Azla range so if you don't favor a wide bore tip you may not like the Azla's. Worth a shot though.
Well, at least in the photo the Xelastec tips do not have a horn like widening of the bore (edit: maybe I'm wrong), just a straight duct which is a little deeper than in the Whizzer Easytips. This is closer to the stock white tips, which I found sounding the most natural for my ears. However, I still didn't experience much bass neither with the Easytips, nor the stock ones, and the 13-16K area is quite piercing, especially in the badly mastered tracks, mostly in percussions. The Cafe Del Mar series have a lot of these bad mastered tracks unfortunately. In addition to that, Whizzers seem to notch a whole lot of frequencies below that peak. That's why the acoustic guitar strums were absolutely ruined for me. Looks like my ear canals need some space, a longer duct so that the sound can develop and/or not phase cancel. Still in the process of burning-in my Timeless though. And waiting for the whole bunch of accessories to come including cables made of different metals, eartips from different brands, adapters and so on. Will share my experience when I test them all.

Disclaimer: My ear canals are 12.6 mm wide, so my size is ML or M. Also the curvature and depth of an ear canal make a lot of difference. I tried Whizzer Easytips SS20 L-size too and found them painfully big. And I experienced the same twisted highs, maybe even more than with the smaller size Easytips. Indeed, what makes the sound good for one may ruin it for another.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #2,396 of 4,275
I've put on the Whizzer Easytips SS20 L, and the bass immediately came back on my new pair of Timeless! I'm talking about listening to them with the stock cable and tips, with less than 24 hours of total playing time, and then switching to the Whizzer tips. No issue with the treble at all. I'm listening to Qobuz right now, Amazon HD a little earlier. No issue. The fit is great, as well.
Whizzer made great eartips.
But I prefer VC20 over SS20... Better fit and better bass.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #2,397 of 4,275
Well, at least in the photo the Xelastec tips do not have a horn like widening of the bore (edit: maybe I'm wrong), just a straight duct which is a little deeper than in the Whizzer Easytips. This is closer to the stock white tips, which I found sounding the most natural for my ears. However, I still didn't experience much bass neither with the Easytips, nor the stock ones, and the 8K peak is quite piercing, especially in the badly mastered tracks, mostly in percussions. The Cafe Del Mar series have a lot of these bad mastered tracks unfortunately. In addition to that, Whizzers seem to notch a whole lot of frequencies below that peak. That's why the acoustic guitar strums were absolutely ruined for me. Looks like my ear canals need some space, a longer duct so that the sound can develop and/or not phase cancel. Still in the process of burning-in my Timeless though. And waiting for the whole bunch of accessories to come including cables made of different metals, eartips from different brands, adapters and so on. Will share my experience when I test them all.

Disclaimer: My ear canals are 12.6 mm wide, so my size is ML or M. Also the curvature and depth of an ear canal make a lot of difference. I tried Whizzer Easytips SS20 L-size too and found them painfully big. And I experienced the same twisted highs, maybe even more than with the smaller size Easytips. Indeed, what makes the sound good for one may ruin it for another.
The Azla's do not have a horn shaped bore, so if you think that is the issue, you won't have a problem in that regard with the Azlas. My experience with Azla and the Timeless is that I got a good seal with the Azla Sednaearfit shorts but the bass was attenuated a good bit. With the standard Azla Sednaearfit tips which are exactly the same but longer (longer stem), the bass is far more prominent for me. My only issue with those tips is that they are a bit uncomfortable for me. I am using Epro tips now which do have a horn shaped, wide bore and the highs with the Epros I find to be smoother than with the Azlas, bass is prominent and they are comfortable. I was also happy enough with the stock tips with the color coded stems and wider bores (KBear 07 tips) as well as Spinfit CP100/100+. But, the Epro 00 tips are my favorites. I do have some Xelastic tips but don't favor them in general and have not used them with Timeless.

Mar 14, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #2,399 of 4,275
Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #2,400 of 4,275
This post is mostly irrelevant to the topic in this thread, but I know there were a few people that have posted here that also liked the DUNU DUW-02, and I thought it would mention that they have re-released that cable as the DUW-02S. I don't like the changed style of braiding (rather than twisted) though. It makes the overall size of the cable larger. One of the reasons I loved that cable so much is because of the thin size while being able to retain great sound. Just my opinion, but I will probably get a few of them for replacements anyhow. It's still a great price for a modular system (like Fiios) IMHO. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back