7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 3, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #526 of 4,269
With my current setup i would say yes but just barely. Especially around the mid bass where i notice most of the bloat or distortion

Edit: added note
And this is coming from a guy who absolutely loves the mid bass slam of the thor which has more quantity but it is more articulate and controlled at the attack and decay making it sound really fun without bloating the mids or distorting.
Try the black tips that came with the Timeless. It greatly reduced the bass for me. The only time I hear the driver distorted was when I was playing Dune OST - Ripple in the Sand at a quite high volume.

Nov 3, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #528 of 4,269
You should try really soft silicon tips. Something like kz Starline tips. The softer the better. Spinfit cp100 also works.

I have cp100 on mine. Only tried the stock tips before changing to them. Sounds good but i can't really compare, especially as they're so tight on the wide nozzles i haven't worked out how to get them off yet.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #529 of 4,269
Will you please share the Spotify or Deezer concrete track link? There are many variants, and they are not always the same.
I am just using youtube for the OST. I also have the songs in Spotify.

Nov 4, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #530 of 4,269
Swapped out the CP145 for cp100+ on my Timeless tonight and the results were good. Noticeable increase in detail, same bass with a bit more texture, and a more expansive stage. Upper mids increased by a few dB, so that brings things a bit closer. For some tracks this can be detrimental, but overall I think it raises the performance. For other, more ambient tracks, I prefer the more "distant" and softer sound of the CP145. Give the cp100+ a try if you've got em. My ears actually found them much more comfortable as well. Much more. YMMV.

Nov 4, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #531 of 4,269
If you're using the AutoEQ built-in presets in Q5K for your Timeless, do note that it uses Crinacle's measurements against the Harman 2019v2 target curve and not Crin's preferred IEF Neutral target curve.

Personally, I find Harman too bright and IEF just about right from 200hz up.
Screenshot_2021-11-05-11-36-01-273_com.qudelix.qudelix.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #533 of 4,269
I've seen a few reviewers criticise the soft attack in the sound.

Anyone else specifically enjoying it?

Could be the genres i mostly listen to, but i really love the signature with warm electronic stuff.
The "softer attack" as opposed to the more "percussive attack" of dynamics is characteristic of planars. Both have tradeoffs, choose what's best for you or get both!

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #534 of 4,269
Could be the genres i mostly listen to, but i really love the signature with warm electronic stuff.
Yup, that's what I was referring to a few posts back. The Timeless absolutely slays with ambient electronica. And even uptempo stuff that's got more deep atmosphere. Stuff like Infected Mushroom - BP Empire (entire album), or Ott - Blumenkraft (also entire album). And basically anything from Green Beats.

Put the CP145 on and sit back and enjoy the ride. For more technical stuff, I am preferring the cp100+. Blows my mind how good these are for 1/10 the cost of the heavyweights.

Speaking of which, Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight is one of those tracks that benefits from the softer sound of the CP145. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #535 of 4,269
Anyone successfully found a cable upgrade for the Timeless yet? I'm not really a cable roller, but I wouldn't mind spending a few $$ on a "better" cable if there's one out there. Just looking for any more ways to squeeze a little extra performance out of these things. They're just soooo much fun. Love em.

Nov 5, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #536 of 4,269
My mid tier chifi upgrade cables will arrive before the Timeless, can't wait for it!

Nov 5, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #537 of 4,269
Anyone successfully found a cable upgrade for the Timeless yet? I'm not really a cable roller, but I wouldn't mind spending a few $$ on a "better" cable if there's one out there. Just looking for any more ways to squeeze a little extra performance out of these things. They're just soooo much fun. Love em.
The best way to upgrade 7Hz timeless is to add amp. I highly recommend Oriolus BA300S amp. It adds even more clarity, soul, analogue sounds and larger soundstage. It’s the perfect match, bringing 7Hz from A+ to AAA performance

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #539 of 4,269
I have put a NiceHCK C8 cable on my timeless. Sounds clean to my ears.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #540 of 4,269
The best way to upgrade 7Hz timeless is to add amp. I highly recommend Oriolus BA300S amp. It adds even more clarity, soul, analogue sounds and larger soundstage. It’s the perfect match, bringing 7Hz from A+ to AAA performance
Yeah, I think I'm ok with my setup. I'm feeding FLACs through a Gungnir MB and Burson Soloist 3x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back