7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 31, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #511 of 4,269
From what I understand RE: the Soloist 2, it's a tentative name. I got sent an early engineering sample via Aoshida Audio, no box, no details about the IEM (it's not even branded). But it sounded pretty decent. Turns out it also uses a 14.8mm planar driver... and measures a lot like the Timeless.
Can we see a pic of it?

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #512 of 4,269
So i have been using the 7hz for about a week now. And coming from daily driving a thor mjölnir, which isn't bass light by any means, i feel like the timeless have a bit of bloomy or bleeding bass into the mids (not sure if im making sense) but is there any way (tips, or eq) to get rid of that as i love the micro details i get form this iem just not a fan of the bass quality (i dont mind the quantity that much)

Oh and im driving it form a fiio q5s

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #513 of 4,269
So i have been using the 7hz for about a week now. And coming from daily driving a thor mjölnir, which isn't bass light by any means, i feel like the timeless have a bit of bloomy or bleeding bass into the mids (not sure if im making sense) but is there any way (tips, or eq) to get rid of that as i love the micro details i get form this iem just not a fan of the bass quality (i dont mind the quantity that much)

Do you think that the Timeless is bass-heavy ?

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #514 of 4,269
Do you think that the Timeless is bass-heavy ?
With my current setup i would say yes but just barely. Especially around the mid bass where i notice most of the bloat or distortion

Edit: added note
And this is coming from a guy who absolutely loves the mid bass slam of the thor which has more quantity but it is more articulate and controlled at the attack and decay making it sound really fun without bloating the mids or distorting.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #515 of 4,269
With my current setup i would say yes but just barely. Especially around the mid bass where i notice most of the bloat or distortion

And this is coming from a guy who absolutely loves the mid bass slam of the thor which has more quantity but it is more articulate and controlled at the attack and decay making it sound really fun without bloating the mids or distorting.
You should try really soft silicon tips. Something like kz Starline tips. The softer the better. Spinfit cp100 also works.

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #516 of 4,269

Try PEQ 150hz -3dB Q1. 414

You could start there and play with those values to get the right sound that matches your tips/ears.

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #517 of 4,269

You can also try the widest bore tips you have. Both Azla Sedna and Tennmak Whirlwind are 4mm wide and they they let the sound frequencies flow unhinderedered where narrower bore tips will tend to accentuate and even bloat or compress the bass.

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #518 of 4,269

Distortion is not good 🙄 Maybe you 'overdrive' the Timeless. Can you try with a weaker source like a dongle ?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #519 of 4,269
Does anybody know where can I find similar black eartips that come with Timeless? Its the on that shaped like comply/memory foam but then its silicone. WHen I first saw it, I just put it aside, but been playing around the tips and for my ears. That tips are perfect for the timess, even provide perfect seal for my IER-Z1R.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 4FB4F263-7542-4629-A4A8-32F1BBA365F0.jpeg
    4FB4F263-7542-4629-A4A8-32F1BBA365F0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 1, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #520 of 4,269
Does anybody know where can I find similar black eartips that come with Timeless? Its the on that shaped like comply/memory foam but then its silicone. WHen I first saw it, I just put it aside, but been playing around the tips and for my ears. That tips are perfect for the timess, even provide perfect seal for my IER-Z1R.

Thanks in advance!
Not sure if they are these But the NewBee foam tips are by far the best I have ever tried. They last for ages have a superb firmness and most importantly do not in any way adversely effect the sound. I have tried and own all tips out there! and these re the only ones I use now
LINK

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #521 of 4,269
Not sure if they are these But the NewBee foam tips are by far the best I have ever tried. They last for ages have a superb firmness and most importantly do not in any way adversely effect the sound. I have tried and own all tips out there! and these re the only ones I use now
LINK
Yes it looks like that but in silicone form. Not a fan of foam tips but maybe i should give it a go. Thanks tho! 😉

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #522 of 4,269
Yes it looks like that but in silicone form. Not a fan of foam tips but maybe i should give it a go. Thanks tho! 😉
Oh sorry, I missed the silicone bit :)

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #525 of 4,269
I just tried the new Tin P1 Plus. It is so underwhelming compared to the Timeless. If you're waiting trying to decide between the two new planars... save a little longer and get a Timeless.

P1 Plus is so lacking in technical ability, although I think its the best tuned of the Tin Planar series.

http://iems.audiodiscourse.com/?share=Timeless,P1_Plus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back