7Hz Impressions & Discussion
May 5, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #2,836 of 4,271
To overcome those issues, I have had to resort to using EQ. I'm pretty happy with them after that combination of changes. :)
That's great and whatever works go with it. I don't EQ ever, so I lean more on source, tips and cables, but I know you can get "there" from both angles.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #2,837 of 4,271
Can a graphene cable increase dynamics? I'm looking for an additional cable for a 2 pin IEM.
Think of graphene as a new(er) material that they are using for wire. It isn't really usable on it's own, so they normally impregnate another alloy with it. On speaker wire for much bigger equipment it has been known to be used by impregnating kevlar as the core.

Graphene is a better conductor than silver which in turn is a better conductor than copper. So if you have a graphene hybrid cable (which is the only way you can currently get it unless you want to remortgage your house to get it), you could think of it as in between pure silver and SPC as to how it effects the sound. But insomuch as better dynamics, it is much the same as using a pure silver cable. Does it increase dynamics? I have not heard it to be so, but that doesn't mean your ears won't hear that impact (considering all the other conversations about acoustics, and wire materials, and etc...).

Edit: If it does, it won't be huge either way IMO.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,838 of 4,271
Think of graphene as a new(er) material that they are using for wire. It isn't really usable on it's own, so they normally impregnate another alloy with it. On speaker wire for much bigger equipment it has been known to be used by impregnating kevlar as the core.

Graphene is a better conductor than silver which in turn is a better conductor than copper. So if you have a graphene hybrid cable (which is the only way you can currently get it unless you want to remortgage your house to get it), you could think of it as in between pure silver and SPC as to how it effects the sound. But insomuch as better dynamics, it is much the same as using a pure silver cable. Does it increase dynamics? I have not heard it to be so, but that doesn't mean your ears won't hear that impact (considering all the other conversations about acoustics, and wire materials, and etc...).

Edit: If it does, it won't be huge either way IMO.
Thank you. I guess I will just buy the same cable again.

Testing this cable right now with my Fiio Q3 as my source. My timeless has never sounded this good.

May 5, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #2,840 of 4,271
I just tried the Audeze Euclid silicone eartips with the Timeless. They work very well for my ears. Bass is clean and defined. Midrange is more layered and defined. I'm finally hearing the Timeless sound more resolving and sound more like what some reviews have said they should sound like. I finally found an eartip that works well for the Timeless for my ears. These tips sound better to me than the Moondrop Spring tips I was using.

I also have a set of SednaEarfit tips on the way in an Amazon order. The regular SednaEarfit. I hope I guessed the correct size. I'll figure out the best size for me then try the Xelastec version to compare.

Today is new headphone day. Audeze LCD-X in the house. Since I was ordering from Audeze I figured why not add in the Euclid tips to the order to find out if they'll work. That's how I ended up with the Euclid tips.

May 5, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #2,841 of 4,271
I also have a set of SednaEarfit tips on the way in an Amazon order. The regular SednaEarfit. I hope I guessed the correct size. I'll figure out the best size for me then try the Xelastec version to compare.

The Sednas definitely run big. I’m a M in pretty much everything but with the Sednas I use MS or even S if the IEM has a large nozzle.

May 5, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #2,842 of 4,271
May 8, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #2,846 of 4,271
Man o man! There is nothing better than finding that special synergy between cable, iem, and source. . .and this combo sure as heck has it in spades for my preferences. :ksc75smile: It absolutely nuts how good this setup sounds!

Cayin RU6 -> Satin Chimera II 8-wire -> Timeless

20220508_070214.jpg

Happy listening fellow Timeless fans!

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #2,848 of 4,271
The Timeless is back being my desktop IEM again thanks to a new Xinhs cable.

Going to upgrade my cables and then my DAC. Did anyone try an ifi DAC driving the Timeless?
Are you referring to this one?

No iFi but with my Mojo 2 they sound amazing!

May 8, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #2,850 of 4,271
Man o man! There is nothing better than finding that special synergy between cable, iem, and source. . .and this combo sure as heck has it in spades for my preferences. :ksc75smile: It absolutely nuts how good this setup sounds!

Cayin RU6 -> Satin Chimera II 8-wire -> Timeless

20220508_070214.jpg

Happ listening fellow Timeless fans!
I have that cable but in 2 pin. Was using with Variations. I can imagine that cable being a good match with Timeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back