7Hz Impressions & Discussion
May 8, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #2,851 of 4,271
I've been chosen by Effect Audio as one of the participants to check out a couple of their final prototype cables for their new Signature Series before their official release (end of this month I believe). I have two MMCX cables coming mid week and will definitely try them with Timeless (among other iems) and give my impressions. Should be interesting.

May 8, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,852 of 4,271
I've been chosen by Effect Audio as one of the participants to check out a couple of their final prototype cables for their new Signature Series before their official release (end of this month I believe). I have two MMCX cables coming mid week and will definitely try them with Timeless (among other iems) and give my impressions. Should be interesting.
I received the same cables in .78 2 Pin so we cant compare notes on the timeless. I think I was the first to receive them as I'm the only one to post so far. First out of the box impressions here :https://www.head-fi.org/threads/effect-audio-cables-thread.787717/page-385#post-16951567 follow initial impressions follow a few posts below. I took some pics but the phots were too hi res, large in size to upload. I'll snap some pics later this evening.

May 8, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #2,853 of 4,271
I received the same cables in .78 2 Pin so we cant compare notes on the timeless. I think I was the first to receive them as I'm the only one to post so far. First out of the box impressions here :https://www.head-fi.org/threads/effect-audio-cables-thread.787717/page-385#post-16951567 follow initial impressions follow a few posts below. I took some pics but the phots were too hi res, large in size to upload. I'll snap some pics later this evening.
I saw your posts in that thread. That's also where I'll post my impressions. Where Timeless is concerned, when the time comes, I'll probably just post a link to whatever I post in that thread. When EA asked me what connectors I wanted, I told them either was fine. They sent me MMCX which is fine. Had it been 2-pin I probably would have focused on my MEST MKII and Variations but I'm actually more curious to see how these cables sound with my DD's which already have pretty nice cables. And Timeless is a no-brainer since it seems so responsive to cable rolling.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #2,854 of 4,271
I saw your posts in that thread. That's also where I'll post my impressions. Where Timeless is concerned, when the time comes, I'll probably just post a link to whatever I post in that thread. When EA asked me what connectors I wanted, I told them either was fine. They sent me MMCX which is fine. Had it been 2-pin I probably would have focused on my MEST MKII and Variations but I'm actually more curious to see how these cables sound with my DD's which already have pretty nice cables. And Timeless is a no-brainer since it seems so responsive to cable rolling.
BAs are also really sensitive to cable rolling (IME). G'luck with your journey with the new cables?! :)

May 9, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #2,859 of 4,271
To get the full potential of the Timeless you need PEQ, DSP, the best possible cables, a very good DAC and a THX AAA clean amplifier.

That's how good this IEM is.
Sarcasm is wasted on a lot of people :smile:

May 10, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #2,861 of 4,271
To get the full potential of the Timeless you need PEQ, DSP, the best possible cables, a very good DAC and a THX AAA clean amplifier.

That's how good this IEM is.
You have this backwards. It's not that you NEED these things to get the most out of the Timeless. It's that the Timeless is THAT GOOD where it can take advantage of the best equipment and not be the bottleneck.

If I plug my Kato into the same equipment, it does not really sound much better. A $100 DAP sounds just as good as a $3k desktop setup (I'm exaggerating a bit). The Kato is clearly the weak link in that case. But the Timeless scales up tremendously with better performing equipment. As I said, it's not the bottleneck. That's the difference.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #2,862 of 4,271
You have this backwards. It's not that you NEED these things to get the most out of the Timeless. It's that the Timeless is THAT GOOD where it can take advantage of the best equipment and not be the bottleneck.

If I plug my Kato into the same equipment, it does not really sound much better. A $100 DAP sounds just as good as a $3k desktop setup (I'm exaggerating a bit). The Kato is clearly the weak link in that case. But the Timeless scales up tremendously with better performing equipment. As I said, it's not the bottleneck. That's the difference.
That's such a good explanation. Better equipment releases an unbelievable amount of resolution out of the timeless.

May 11, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #2,864 of 4,271
Listening to my Timeless after a few weeks with the Obsidian and I really do enjoy the Timeless but the Obsidian is just more engaging to me. I guess I love both but I it find I am reaching for the Obsidian more. But damn it what is it about the Timeless makes me enjoy it so much! Planer sound VS Hybrids?

May 11, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #2,865 of 4,271
Listening to my Timeless after a few weeks with the Obsidian and I really do enjoy the Timeless but the Obsidian is just more engaging to me. I guess I love both but I it find I am reaching for the Obsidian more. But damn it what is it about the Timeless makes me enjoy it so much! Planer sound VS Hybrids?
Timeless has that planar transient speed and low distortion and coherence (being a single driver iem) and it's a pretty well tuned, fun signature that's also pretty resolving. But, it's presentation is a bit soft which probably explains why you find the Ikko more engaging. Or, you may just prefer the tuning or tonality of the Ikko.

ps. I assume you are talking about the Ikko OH10 "Obsidian".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back