71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt)
Feb 24, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #241 of 366
Nearly every ciem in this thread is rated over 9/10.
So what is the intention of praising all ciems to the skies?
I think being a bit more critical and using the full range of the 1-10 scale would be useful. I can't imagine all sound equal like they are rated.

I sold both W60 and H8Pro ciem and I actually prefer the sound of CKR9LTD and CKR10 over both of those multi BA flagships. I don't think iems should get a score, because everyone has different preferences, the reviewer should just try to describe and compare the sound as best as possible to help people decide imo.

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #242 of 366
Nearly every ciem in this thread is rated over 9/10.

So what is the intention of praising all ciems to the skies?

I think being a bit more critical and using the full range of the 1-10 scale would be useful. I can't imagine all sound equal like they are rated.

Most of the iem tested in this thread actually sounds really really good. To me 846 May be a 10 point iem but to you it may not so the points given in this thread is just a reflection of how Jelt feels about the iem that he tested.

Be patient he will have a more indept shootout when his own iem arrives. I bet those will be described in more detail as compared to what you currently see now.

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #243 of 366
I think the descriptions are ok and im thankful for the comparisons. What I just wanted to say is that a scale from 1 to 10 doesn't make any sense if everything is a 9 or even 10.  I have never listened to a audio equipment which I would rate as "9/10" or even "10/10". They all have their flaws and are a bit overrated imo (of course full size headphones also)

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #244 of 366
If you guys don't like his scoring or rating, you are all more than welcome to start your own thread and share your impressions... Just saying, as I can't even stand the thought of doing a tenth of what jelt, aj, or joker does. It's time consuming, frustrating to no end, tedious, and then slap some negative comments on board really completes this wonderful experience.

Regardless, most of these IEMS are performers. I can totally understand his scoring system as the differences I could hear from the few TOTL IEMS I've owned our really minor. Hell, I've switched back and forth a dozen times on the same song to try the hear the difference between my TOTL IEMS and my mid tier, talking a price difference of $1k...

Anyway,great thread jelt, I for one appreciate your efforts and commend you for a job very well done.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #245 of 366
If you guys don't like his scoring or rating, you are all more than welcome to start your own thread and share your impressions... Just saying, as I can't even stand the thought of doing a tenth of what jelt, aj, or joker does. It's time consuming, frustrating to no end, tedious, and then slap some negative comments on board really completes this wonderful experience.

Regardless, most of these IEMS are performers. I can totally understand his scoring system as the differences I could hear from the few TOTL IEMS I've owned our really minor. Hell, I've switched back and forth a dozen times on the same song to try the hear the difference between my TOTL IEMS and my mid tier, talking a price difference of $1k...

Anyway,great thread jelt, I for one appreciate your efforts and commend you for a job very well done.

Ditto here, quite the effort, and job well done! Thank you Jelt.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #246 of 366
I understand the issue with the rating system, but it's somewhat of a necessity given how the IEMs under review are the creme da la creme of audio.

I suppose he could rate the FX850 as 3, but then you'd get a wave of people saying 'how on earth can the mighty FX850 be a 3/10 IEM?!?'

Jelt's (as with ClieOS, Joker and AJ as well) list is meant as a point of easy reference, not a be-all-end-all judgemental system. Hence the crucial thing here is to read his reviews in depth and discerning for oneself how 'good' the IEM is. 'Good' of course, based on complete personal subjectivity :)

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #247 of 366
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate this list and the comparisons very much and also thanked him via pm.

It was just meant as suggestions for further improvement. Of course I understand it's extremely difficult to to make such ratings. In my opinion the differences are sometimes more than 0.1 or 0.2 points so maybe a bigger range of the scale could be used. But if you want to judge it objectively it might be nearly impossible.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #248 of 366
the only negative thing this thread has = i wanna buy 10 of the CIEMS in the list.

apart from that , a thank you won't be enough for what the man did here.

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #249 of 366
Just want to say mega mega thanks to the OP - what dedication and selflessness to a community.  Top bloke.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #251 of 366
Probably not. They're at different shops and it is difficult to directly compare them at a technical level. I'm still waiting patiently for deals on either one (bummer I missed the massdrop on the UERM) though, so if I do get one I can compare :)

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #252 of 366
My Roxanne is always at 2'o clock... Am I a basshead??? 
confused_face_2.gif

The only complaint I have with my Roxanne is its laid back treble. If I'm looking for something bassy but also have sparky treble (and huge soundstage if possible), what would you recommend? 
etysmile.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #253 of 366
My Roxanne is always at 2'o clock... Am I a basshead??? :confused_face_2:

The only complaint I have with my Roxanne is its laid back treble. If I'm looking for something bassy but also have sparky treble (and huge soundstage if possible), what would you recommend? :etysmile:

Bassy, sparkly treble, huge soundstage, and I assume you're still in the same price bracket... My Lear LCM BD4.2 ticks all of those boxes :)

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #254 of 366
Nice impressions roundup. Hehe now that you got your Encore, I'm curious how you gonna compare them to say, K10 vs Legend R vs Layla vs CT6E.

Did you join in on the Adel 12 custom kickstarter?

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #255 of 366
Did you join in on the Adel 12 custom kickstarter?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-in-ear-monitor-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-check-first-post-for-review-links-information/4560#post_11285565

Users who are viewing this thread

Back