6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by rb2013, Mar 31, 2015.
  1. AuditoryCanvas
    Is there anyone in LA with a tube tester that I could pay to test and potentially match a bunch of tubes for me?

Looking at about 30 tubes in total. Mostly 6n3s and 6n23 types, but also a few 5670s.

2. doraymon
    After long research I ordered the tubes from this Italian shop: www.audioantiquary.com
    You can select English language and the guy ships worldwide (VAT free for countries outside the EU, so the prices are actually much lower than what you see in the site) and shipping to Hong Kong was not crazy expensive.

It appears they have the strictest Mu (gain) and Ia (anode current) matching philosophy I have found online and each tube or couple of tubes is identified with a tag reporting all measurements (scroll among the pictures, you'll see the photos of the actual tube you are buying with all details).

Valerio, the guy who runs the shop, is crazy passionate and knowledgeable, I've been bombing him with questions which he always answered in almost real time despite the time zone difference!

Whitigir likes this.
  3. Whitigir
    Please let me know how your tubes perform like, when you receive it

4. gannjunior
    just ordered 2 x ECC88 68J8 Amperex for pathos aurium. should arrive in the next days

5. Whitigir
    Did you order from Audio antique linked above ?

6. gannjunior
    no mate, from an italian ebay auction, a trust man who made me a good feeling

7. winders
    I had a wonderful pair of Telefunken CCa tubes. They were better than any Telefunken E88CC or E188CC tubes I ever heard. But they were not as good as the Western Electric JW 2C51 tubes I have now. On top of that, the Telefunken tubes cost 3.5 times as much. Seriously folks, you need to take a look at the 5670 family of tubes. They are better than the 6922 family.

8. doraymon
    Will do

9. doraymon
    @Whitigir Just a quick update: the tubes are with me since weeks now but the new amp arrived in the wrong colour and the replacement unit arrived with a scratch on the front panel! Long story made short I’m sending back the amp for the second time and will have to wait another couple of weeks to try the tubes...

10. Whitigir
    Ouch! Thanks for the updates. I hate it when it happens where you just have to spend extra time and shipping