~$60 In Ears
Apr 1, 2014 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jonnyp11

100+ Head-Fier
The deals thread itself isn't really the place for the details of this discussion so bringing it here. I'm looking for a quality in ear around $60 (if it's a huge difference I might squeeze a little more). I missed it but might be able to convince amazon support to give me the Aurvana IE3 for the $60 it was earlier today. My other main interest is the HAVI-B3 which there is little info on but someone said they are comped able to much more expensive in-ears. I'm not big on used in ears, don't want to buy more tips, but a used Brainwavz R3 is tempting, or anything better.

I'm looking for something durable and portable (will be with me at school), so I'd like it to come with a case (the 2 I mentioned do). For sound, I like my sennheiser HD428's (bass modded) so I do like bass but I can sacrifice some for more precision, I haven't been able to sample anything to say what I really like other than what I have (those and EarPods). I'll be listening to rock and alternative on spotify through my iPhone 5c, and I don't have an amp, so the natural sound has to be what I want, there's no way to EQ it.

I'm multitasking so if something doesn't make sense or I just skipped something huge, feel free to ask

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 15
Pony up 10-15 more n get urself some final audio design adagio iii. Best value for sound imo (especially for a bass head). On a side note i also luvd my sony xb90ex. The discontinued little bruh (xb60ex) can be had for like 65 i think

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 15
The havi b3 pro 1 are really quite fantastic sounding at $60. I would easily compare them with my re-400s which I got secondhand for around the same price in terms of sound quality and even then say I prefer the b3 over the re-400 for the b3s bigger soundstage. But be forewarned they are bit bass shy but don't become bloated with a bass boost in my experience.

Fit and seal was bit iffy for me especially with stock tips, done some tip rolling personally like the noble audio tips and the hifiman double flange tips but my ear canals are bit larger than average so I like larger/more flange tips. Thought about the brainwavz r3 in the past before the havi as I really enjoyed my brainwavz b2s but the r3s memory wire killed it for me. Haven't tried or looked into aurvana ie3 so can't really comment on them.

If you look at havi b3 thread it looks like some tip rolling impressions are going to happen soonish.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 1, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 15
And I just remembered the reason why I had backed off the b3 a few days ago, otterbox defender doesn't like 90 degree plugs with no mech to speak of from the pics I've seen. I don't think and extender will hurt though

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 15
Take a look at the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0093VVP0Q/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 15
Don't know about the Tenore, but DSnuts was pretty stoked about the Zero Audio Doppios at one point over in the discovery thread. Amazon reviews usually suck, with Beats getting 5 stars and high-end Etys getting 2, but those might be worth a try.

If you don't abuse them too much while wearing them, the Ultimate Ears UE600 might also be a good choice in your price range. They come with a hard case and sound really good, at least to me. Not necessarily bass-heavy, but I don't find them lacking either.  You should check out joker's IEM thread, I bought the UE600 based on his review, and I've been happy with the purchase

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-313-iems-compared-t-peos-tank-added-03-31-14-p-889

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #10 of 15

Quite a glowing review on Amazon. Very tempting.......is anyone else familiar with these?

You can read reviews in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665111/zero-audio-zh-dx200-carbo-tenore-zh-dx210-carbo-basso-carbon-aluminium-iem-information-appreciation-and-impressions-thread

Most people bought the Basso, but those who bought both the Basso and Tenore liked the Tenore better (myself, dannybai, drblue)

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #11 of 15
Still ain't ordered unfortunately, any more recommendations for $60? Might be able to go higher cuz I now have no headphones because of my puppy and need something good (will stay in a case and out of reach). I just ordered a fiio e11 so I can EQ them and amp them if it's something power hungry.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #12 of 15
In addition to Zero Audio Tenore, you should also look at Ostry KC06; that thread is blowing up.

Another is Havi B3 Pro V1

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #13 of 15
I've been looking at the B3 but I'm not sure if it'll have enough bass or how it'll sound on rock/alternative. I can't be sure but assume a budget of up to 80, maybe 100 if they're worth it.

Im struggling with ordering Asian phones in case they have an issue, I'd rather get a large brand, but I'd like something nobody else has too. I'm too indecisive

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #15 of 15
Still ain't ordered unfortunately, any more recommendations for $60? Might be able to go higher cuz I now have no headphones because of my puppy and need something good (will stay in a case and out of reach). I just ordered a fiio e11 so I can EQ them and amp them if it's something power hungry.

Bruh for headphones grab some JVC HAS-500s. Ull not be disappointed :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back