May 22, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 51
Wow, that's pretty awful.  But these are supposed to be made of magnesium?  It must be the chassis inside that is or something...odd that the paint would strip off like that though.  Perhaps you should send Denon an email about this.

May 22, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #3 of 51
I feel your frustration, I own the 1100's and the build quality is questionable. I'm surprised how well they've held up. The hinge holding the cups could quite easily break.

They look genuine to me but obviously passed the QC check somehow.

May 22, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 51
I got my D2K's from a authorized reseller and they have been great.

May 22, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #6 of 51
Definitely contact Denon via email if possible, the quicker-the-better. Politely convey how disappointed you are and include the photos you're shown here. It couldn't hurt to mention you're a member of the Head-Fi Forum.  Good luck.

May 22, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #7 of 51
Definitely contact Denon via email if possible, the quicker-the-better. Politely convey how disappointed you are and include the photos you're shown here. It couldn't hurt to mention you're a member of the Head-Fi Forum.  Good luck.

LOL, Denon has nothing to do with this, he needs to contact whoever he purchased them from.

May 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #8 of 51

LOL, Denon has nothing to do with this, he needs to contact however he purchased them from.[/quote]

He said they were brand new with the plastic on, difficult to see how the seller is culpable.

May 22, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #9 of 51
He said they were brand new with the plastic on, difficult to see how the seller is culpable.

He did not buy direct from Denon, customer service is handled by the reseller and if the reseller feels the need he contacts the manufacturer.

May 22, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #10 of 51

LOL, I don't think so. New-in-the-box phones with loose parts and packaging that, when removed, destroys the finish, This is a Denon problem. Now with that said, the seller may replace the product out of good faith but Denon still needs to be made aware of the faulty products they're shipping and that they have an unhappy customer.
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, Denon has nothing to do with this, he needs to contact however he purchased them from.

May 22, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #12 of 51
This is pretty bad.I have a pair of ad5000. I dun think the sliver can be that easy to peel off...and also from you picture u r lack of a piece of circle leather for the broken pad. I know made in china.But I am sure this has nothing to do with denon..it's the seller.

May 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #14 of 51
Are you sure about the customs? You probably won't have to pay custom fees because it is replacing a faulty product, and not importing a new one. As for as customs goes you have already "payed" the fees. At least that is how it works over here.
Quote:
I'm in the process of writing both Denon and the seller emails. The problem, though, is that even if the seller or Denon decide to help me or refund me or do something, I wouldn't be able to send in the headphones because of where I am now. Sending anything in/out of Eastern Europe, which is where I live, costs lots of $$$ in shipping and customs fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back