Jul 16, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #16 of 18
Looks like we all started with Skullcandy Ink'd haha. I still have mine and they work fine.

But like u, I also decided to move away from IEMs.

U might wanna check out my review I recently wrote.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502546/jvc-ha-s650-review-pics#post_6785389

It's about the JVC HA-S650s, and I got em for 39 Euros. In the USA it should be cheaper.

So far, pretty satisfied with them since they fit my needs exactly.

Jul 16, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 18
the aurvana  I mean is the creative aurvana live,
I know the price in sweden is about 90-100$ but on sale I´m sure you can find them alot cheaper.

still use the drivers of my old portapro´s  sewn in to a headband,perfect for the gym and such fo rme :)

creavtive ep-630 is a nice budget inear you could consider, I abuse my phones and they held up almost to years.
sounded nice enoughf to for my needs to.

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:

I had a pair of Ink'ds. They weren't really all that balanced imo. They were kind of hazy sounding. I lost them so I can't really say much else. Durable...that's kind of a mixed bag. There are some pretty fragile headphones and some pretty durable IEMs.

Creative Aurvana Live!'s.

The HD228 is closed and sounds a bit worse. The HD238 is open and sounds pretty good. The AKG K81 can be had for under $50 and is the exact same thing besides color.

Portapros ugly? No way!
biggrin.gif
I find them lovely the same way I like the look of Grados. The Best Buy version which is all black looks really nice. The Kosses have a lifetime warranty just so you know. Just send 5 dollars plus shipping and get a new pair no questions asked, I think. They took my modded KSC75 that I kind of killed with a soldering iron.

The Flats are so so. They're great for $5 though! They're decent for $20. I prefer the M9s though. IEMs will only break if you really abuse them. I've never had a pair crap out on me, and I admittedly didn't take care of them. Haven't heard the M2X. For the bus, IEMs would work best. You'd have to turn your music up louder with clip  ons or Portas than with IEMs so IEMs actually benefit your hearing.

idk then haha. i'm not much of an audiophile so anything clear is good to me. the akg k81 looks pretty neat, maybe when the price goes down i'll cop.  i think the portapros look really weird, haha. if anything i'm considering the ksc75.
i can't find the flats for anything under 15..
i've gone through at least 4 pairs of IEMs, probably around 7 actually. the problem is the wire always breaks at the connector part, so one bud goes out. every time. thanks though

Quote:
the aurvana  I mean is the creative aurvana live,
I know the price in sweden is about 90-100$ but on sale I´m sure you can find them alot cheaper.

still use the drivers of my old portapro´s  sewn in to a headband,perfect for the gym and such fo rme :)

creavtive ep-630 is a nice budget inear you could consider, I abuse my phones and they held up almost to years.
sounded nice enoughf to for my needs to.

i actually can't find the lives for anything under 90. the ep-630 looks pretty good, i'm just scared they'll do the one-bud thing to me like every other pair of IEMs i've had.. haha thanks though.

Quote:
Looks like we all started with Skullcandy Ink'd haha. I still have mine and they work fine.

But like u, I also decided to move away from IEMs.

U might wanna check out my review I recently wrote.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502546/jvc-ha-s650-review-pics#post_6785389

It's about the JVC HA-S650s, and I got em for 39 Euros. In the USA it should be cheaper.

So far, pretty satisfied with them since they fit my needs exactly.

i've gone through 3-4 pairs of inkds. i don't know what im doing wrong.. it's that one-bud thing every time. 
thanks, i'll consider those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back