~$500 close-eared, over-eared headphones that I need to order TONIGHT!
Dec 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #48 of 53
I still feel like I don't know enough about them. How's the imaging? Will the K550's isolate me well enough in say, a car on the highway? How do they sound with an amp? Etc.

I'm not a big K550 fan, and nothing will isolate as well as the QC15 (you will always be giving up isolation to go away from the QC15). Their isolation is average, their imaging is average, they're somewhat mid-treble forward, fit is somewhat temperamental, they're kind of ho-hum in my opinion, but you don't want bassy, you have very picky aesthetic requirements, and there's not a lot of options left.

Dec 24, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #49 of 53
I'd be willing to make some sacrifices as long as the mids aren't recessed and they isolate well, as well as are relatively portable. Just no excess bulkiness would be nice. Also, great imaging would be a plus (say compared to HiFiman HE-400's).

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #50 of 53
I'd be willing to make some sacrifices as long as the mids aren't recessed and they isolate well, as well as are relatively portable. Just no excess bulkiness would be nice. Also, great imaging would be a plus (say compared to HiFiman HE-400's).

Try them out - you'll be the only one who can determine at this point if they're acceptable or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back