5-year Re-Review: Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000
Feb 13, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #31 of 40
Hi thanks. However, built wise, are they both titanium ?
AD2000X and AD2000 are both metal:MAGNESIUM.
I have both( you know it).
Both have similar build quality except that the headband rods are thinner on ad2000 and for me 2000x rods look more classy.
The wings are also different.
The one that has Titanium is ATH A2000Z, but in the Cups.

AD2000X has a more "dark" paint, AD2000 has a "dark blue" paint, both paint job look good, but due to rods and so I think 2000x looks better.

Both feel like a ferrari in Build Quality compared to AD900X.

I Recommend using moisture protection for both since Humidity can make corrosion in the paint job, keep them dry.

Feb 13, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #32 of 40
If you use the Search function you can find a post by the same guy saying AD2000X was more detailed.

He made a comparison some years after that but with ( it seems) very worn AD2000X pads, he even accepted his ad2000x were very abused since they were his daily drivers or something like that.

AD2000X pads seem to degrade sound badly.

I have two sets of AD2000X pads and 2 sets of AD2000 pads, my old and new ad2000 pads sound the same.

But the old 2000x pads sound like garbage, it kills the headphone, treble sounds MUCH better with new pads.

In good conditions AD2000X is more detailed than AD2000, just like HIMSELF(lol) said in the past.

It's somewhat funny because it seems he can't remember he made a post years ago saying the opposite about detail.

I remember more what people said about ad2000x and ad2000 than the original "writers" lol.

I have read like 99% of all English/Spanish AD2000X comments on Internet.

Here is the proof:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...000x/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

It's the SAME user, lol.

I have both ad2000 and ad2000x.

In the last link you can see different people agree 2000x is technically better( and more detailed).

Feb 13, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #33 of 40
I have read like 99% of all English/Spanish AD2000X comments on Internet.

It's the SAME user, lol.

I have both ad2000 and ad2000x.

In the last link you can see different people agree 2000x is technically better( and more detailed).
Technically better does not mean better in absolute terms, different tuning always has its ups and downs as stated there.
I only intended to help, I obviously linked the later, more up-to-date post, everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

Instead of a salty comment, what could have been done is writing a good comparison between them.
That might have been useful contribution to the forum (admittedly, if you take a look at the opening post, takes a lot more effort...)

Feb 14, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #35 of 40
Technically better does not mean better in absolute terms, different tuning always has its ups and downs as stated there.
I only intended to help, I obviously linked the later, more up-to-date post, everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

Instead of a salty comment, what could have been done is writing a good comparison between them.
That might have been useful contribution to the forum (admittedly, if you take a look at the opening post, takes a lot more effort...)

Sometimes I feel it's better to say nothing
I haven't found anyone who noticed that the OP of the post you linked made a contradiction with his own statements.

I had to mention it :)

You did noy said as statement that the link you put was 100% true, you just put it there and that was it.

It's impossible to blame you just for putting that link, that was not my intention.

But I had to say the truth, and it was not your fault.

Only HD600 and alike pads are know to degrade sound( or change ) very badly, ad2000x pads seems to be possibly also one of them.

It is that or there is a new AD2000x pads revision since my new ones really sound fresher ,clearer and much more detailed than my old ones.

Of course Technically better does not mean absolutely better in enjoyment etc, Someone has been asking me AD2000 vs AD2000X comments and I never have told him stock AD2000X is absolutely better.

But in that post you linked there is a mistake and I had to point it, it is not your fault and I'm not blaming you for that, you only answered his question with a comparison from someone, there is nothing wrong just from that.

As I have compared AD2000X and AD2000 numerous times with very exhaustive test, and even spent money for a second ad2000x and a second pair of AD2000 pads( like 40+usd+shipping+import since you have to live in USA)
I'm sorry but I will say something if I see a problem with a statement of those pairs I have took the fatigue of doing exhausting comparisons .

Not your fault, but I pointed the problem, very worn pads.

Btw that comparison is not everything wrong due to very high % of very worn pads, he gets right things like ad2000x soundstage and some other things :)

Feb 14, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #36 of 40
Don't you own both phones, why do you need affirmation from some internet strangers?
What's your personal take on both?
Thanks
Oh, Are you curious why I'm reading AD2000x/AD2000 comments after getting them?
Oh, it is not because I want "affirmation".
That is a long history, Basically I purchased an used ad2000x time ago and I kind of preferred ad900x like some guy here in the forums, then I did some mods and found how AD2000X can massively improve in enjoyment.

After getting my 2000x 2021 march made I noticed there was really something wrong with my old 2000x pads, I had to buy a new ad2000x!( while already having one)
If that means something to you.

I was so serious about comparing my modded 2000x vs stock ad2000x vs ad2000.

I have privately wrote AD2000 vs AD2000X comments, but for a Detailed public (organized) comparison I would only write it if there is interest, sadly nowadays there is almost 0 interest in the AD line.

I also have like 20 pairs of original Audio Technica pads from different models( A2000X, W1000X , W1000Z, ETC) so I have tried much more than both with stock pads.

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #37 of 40
I just wanted to say thank you for this review. This review was written in 2011, so it's been about 12 years later. I wanted to report as a new representative to the ATH-AD2000 owner club, this headphone still kick ass in 2023 🤘. This headphone is still a Speed Demon and Siren Seducing sounding headphone that can easily compete and even best a lot of the modern headphones in 2023. I'm glad I was able to pick one up and I had a great time reading this legendary re-review for this legendary headphone.

20230209_214001.JPG

20230209_214252.JPG

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #38 of 40
I just wanted to say thank you for this review. This review was written in 2011, so it's been about 12 years later. I wanted to report as a new representative to the ATH-AD2000 owner club, this headphone still kick ass in 2023 🤘. This headphone is still a Speed Demon and Siren Seducing sounding headphone that can easily compete and even best a lot of the modern headphones in 2023. I'm glad I was able to pick one up and I had a great time reading this legendary re-review for this legendary headphone.
I wholeheartedly agree. I bought my AD2000's because of this review back in 2011, and they remain one of my absolute favorite headphones to this day.
Sadly, I think I blew one of the drivers, so I'll probably try to order a new new one from Audio Technica soon, but I don't see myself ever giving these up, until they completely fall apart on me.

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #39 of 40
I wholeheartedly agree. I bought my AD2000's because of this review back in 2011, and they remain one of my absolute favorite headphones to this day.
Sadly, I think I blew one of the drivers, so I'll probably try to order a new new one from Audio Technica soon, but I don't see myself ever giving these up, until they completely fall apart on me.
Love your dedication to the AD2000. I hope you can get it repaired soon because this is still one of the most unique-sounding headphones on this planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back