• I'm no longer able to make it

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #46 of 135
I experienced this with my Auteurs. For me, it was the mesh that was vibrating. Since they only attach the mesh with four screws it doesn't slit flush and it can vibrate against the driver covers during quiet, bass heavy music. The way they attach the mesh is my least favorite part of the ZMF design. I ended up gluing the mesh to the plastic driver covers for the Auteur- problem solved. I have not had the issue yet with my Atrium.
Ah it might be that, I'll see if I can just screw it in and solve the issue, thanks!

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #47 of 135
Ah it might be that, I'll see if I can just screw it in and solve the issue, thanks!
If you can find a specific section of a song that reliably makes it rattle/vibrate, try removing the mesh and see if you still hear it. But yes, adjusting the mesh can sometimes fix it at least for awhile.

Oct 6, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #48 of 135
I'm looking forward to this meet. I missed the last one. Will be great to see some familiar faces. I don't have the higher-end gear some of you will bring but what I have to present has some great synergy and gives me some smiles. Willing share what I've got. Cheers.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #49 of 135
If you can find a specific section of a song that reliably makes it rattle/vibrate, try removing the mesh and see if you still hear it. But yes, adjusting the mesh can sometimes fix it at least for awhile.
indeed that's all it was, thank you! Just had to fully attach that screw! Will be bringing my Atriums (open)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #50 of 135
Huge Update!

ZMF is sending us a Caldera, Atrium Closed and the yet-to-be released Bokeh! A huge thanks to @BooUrns and @zach915m for making this happen. They will also be providing some ZMF swag to raffle off.

I'm going to be ordering the food for the meet soon. We are ordering assorted sandwiches, chips and cookies from Panera. Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.

Also, we are swapping out the Kara for a Vali+/Modi MB 2 stack. We don't plan on doing any 2-channel stuff so that makes more sense.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #51 of 135
I will be there! If anyone has anyone has a Wells Milo amp, I would love to demo it.

I will plan to bring the following:

ZMF Caldera
ZMF Atrium Open
ZMF Auteur Classic
Focal Utopia
Aur Neon Pro
Moondrop S8
Duno SA6 Ultra

Holo Bliss KTE
Cayin HA-3A
Soekris 2541 DAC
iBasso DX240 w/ AMP8 MK2S
Chord Mojo 2

The following items may go up for sale soon. Let me know if you are interested and I will hold off posting them and bring them along for you to demo:

Fiio M11 Plus LTD AKM
Monolith Liquid Platinum w/some optional spare tubes
Headamp GS-X Mini
A couple updates in bold

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #52 of 135
Huge Update!

ZMF is sending us a Caldera, Atrium Closed and the yet-to-be released Bokeh! A huge thanks to @BooUrns and @zach915m for making this happen. They will also be providing some ZMF swag to raffle off.

I'm going to be ordering the food for the meet soon. We are ordering assorted sandwiches, chips and cookies from Panera. Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.

Also, we are swapping out the Kara for a Vali+/Modi MB 2 stack. We don't plan on doing any 2-channel stuff so that makes more sense.
Wow, awesome that ZMF is sending some headphones. Looking forward to the Atrium Closed the most I think. I'll still have the Kara with me if anyone wants to see how the headphone output on it performs or try as a preamp into anything.

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #53 of 135
Huge Update!

Thanks so much for reaching out @gc335 —and to you and Schiit for putting the meet together! Zach and I wish we could be there as this meet is (sort of) home turf for us ( me:
Connecticut, Zach: New Hampshire) before we put down roots in Chicago. But alas, ZMF November prep is going full steam, so we will unfortunately have to miss out. Hope it’s a blast and we will hope to catch some East Coast friends at CanJam NYC!!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 9, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #54 of 135
I'm going to do my best to make this... looking good schedule-wise as of now.

Gear I'm planning to bring below:

IEMs:
FiR Audio Radon 6
64 Audio Nio
634ears 9iNE
7Hz Timeless

DAPs:
Shanling M9
iBasso DX300

Headphones:
Meze Empyrean

AMP / DAC:
Schiit Asgard 3
Topping E70 Velvet

Thanks for pulling this together @gc335 !

Oct 9, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #55 of 135

IEMs:
FiR Audio Radon 6
64 Audio Nio
634ears 9iNE
7Hz Timeless

DAPs:
Shanling M9
iBasso DX300

Headphones:
Meze Empyrean

AMP / DAC:
Schiit Asgard 3
Topping E70 Velvet

Awesome! Glad you can make it. I definitely want to check out the M9 and the FiR (I'll bring tips!)

Oct 9, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #56 of 135

IEMs:
FiR Audio Radon 6
64 Audio Nio
634ears 9iNE
7Hz Timeless

DAPs:
Shanling M9
iBasso DX300

Headphones:
Meze Empyrean

AMP / DAC:
Schiit Asgard 3
Topping E70 Velvet

Assuming it doesn't sell, you need to check out the FiR with my Sony WM1ZM2. He synergy with my FiR Neon is insane good. Track me down at the meet and ask me for it.

Oct 9, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #57 of 135
Awesome! Glad you can make it. I definitely want to check out the M9 and the FiR (I'll bring tips!)
Looking forward to it!

Sounds good on the tips. For others, please do bring your own tips to use. I have some unused, generic silicone tips I will bring just in case but don't have a huge supply to give away.

Really looking forward to hearing the Atrium Closed, Caldera and soon to be released Bokeh. I've long been wanting to hear (and buy) a ZMF headphone. So kind of Zach and Bevin to supply some gear, along with the Head-Fiers that are bringing their own kit. Atrium Closed is VERY high on my wish list at the moment.
Assuming it doesn't sell, you need to check out the FiR with my Sony WM1ZM2. He synergy with my FiR Neon is insane good. Track me down at the meet and ask me for it.
Will do. I've yet to listen to any of the Sony DAPs but have long been wanting to. Heard nothing but good things about the WM1ZM2 from a sonic perspective. The Radon 6 has excellent synergy with the M9. I owned the Neon 4 for a while and liked it a lot with the M9 also.

Oct 9, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #58 of 135

IEMs:
FiR Audio Radon 6
64 Audio Nio
634ears 9iNE
7Hz Timeless

DAPs:
Shanling M9
iBasso DX300

Headphones:
Meze Empyrean

AMP / DAC:
Schiit Asgard 3
Topping E70 Velvet

Also looking forward to trying the RN6! Been contemplating to buy a custom, so was planning on driving down to new york just to demo it, but might not have to anymore :)

Oct 9, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #59 of 135
Also looking forward to trying the RN6! Been contemplating to buy a custom, so was planning on driving down to new york just to demo it, but might not have to anymore :)
I'll be sure to bring the full compliment of ATOM modules for you to try. The RN6 is the first IEM I've really considered going CIEM on... they are excellent.

Oct 9, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #60 of 135
Careful with this one. The sound of a universal and a custom can be radically different in my experience. I prefer the sound of the Neon universal over my custom. The same thing happened to me with the JH Layla and the Empire Ears Nemesis. The universal Layla was super detailed with punchy bass. The custom sounds muddy in comparison. The custom is warmer and a loss of detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back