• Maybe

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2023 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 135

gc335

Headphoneus Supremus
A few updates based on some questions I've received.

There will be no wifi at the venue. Please bring transports, physical media, hotspots or local files.

If you have them, bring extension cords and power strips.

10am - Doors open. I'm going to get there early if possible to start setting up. I may not be able to get in before 10.
12pm - Lunch Please keep food and drinks away from the gear and wash your hands prior to handling gear
1pm - Zoom - Q&A with Schiit co-founder Jason Stoddard
2pm - Raffle

There will be assorted beverages with lunch but I would suggest bring water and other Non-Alcoholic drinks with you. I'll try to pick up a case of assorted drinks.

If you plan on trying IEMs, please bring an assortment of tips. If you know there is a pair you want to try, try PMing the owner and figuring out what tips fit if you are not sure.

Please remember proper meet etiquette. Don't unplug or mess with gear. Not all gear has protection circuits built into it. People bring some strange (awesome) stuff to meets.

Let me know if I'm forgetting something.

Schiit is sending a Lyr+for me to raffle off!!!

Huge Update!

ZMF is sending us a Caldera, Atrium Closed and the yet-to-be released Bokeh! A huge thanks to @BooUrns and @zach915m for making this happen. They will also be providing some ZMF swag to raffle off.

I'm going to be ordering the food for the meet soon. We are ordering assorted sandwiches, chips and cookies from Panera. Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.

Also, we are swapping out the Kara for a Vali+/Modi MB 2 stack. We don't plan on doing any 2-channel stuff so that makes more sense.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Save the date! There will be updates coming soon. I just want to get the word out.

Here is the link for the impression thread from earlier this year. We are getting back on schedule to occur in the fall.

We are using a different location this year. We will have significantly more space. It's about 2 miles from the last location.

There will be more details to follow. I just wanted to make a post so people could keep the day free. Spread the word!

Schiit Gear List (Subject to change):
Vali+/Modi MB 2
Yggdrasil+/Mjolnir 3 (NEW)
Lyr+/Bifrost 2
Syn

Date and Time:
Saturday October 21, 2023
10:00am to 5:00pm

John Boyle O'Reilly Hall
17 Willow Street
Westborough, MA 01581

Food:
We will be ordering a bunch of pizzas Panera Catering with assorted drinks. Unlike the last venue, you ARE allowed to bring food and beverages. However, the venue has a firm policy of no alcohol.

I'm looking forward to it! Please feel free to PM me with questions or post here on this thread.

If you plan on attending, please send me the gear you plan on bringing. You are NOT required to bring anything. This is the event to go to if you are new to the hobby and want to see what would be right for you.

Also, please vote above to allow me to track headcount. If you can no longer make it, please let me know so I can delete you from the Attendees and Gear list. Thx!

Please bring extension cords and power strips!! I have a few but not enough for everyone.

Attendees and gear:
gc335: Modhouse Argon T60RP and Modhouse Audio Tungsten, Audeze EL-8, Schiit Asgard 2, Shanling M3 Ultra, Schiit Jotunheim 2/Mobius, Shanling UP5, Audeze Mobius, Sennheiser IE200, IE600 and IE900, Shanling M0 Ultra, Shanling M6 Ultra Fiio BTR7(if not sold)
Richsvt: Schiit- Heresy, Piety, Vali 2++ (with assorted tubes), Senn Hd58X, Monolith 1070C, Fostex T20RP, HiBy RS2, FiiO M11S,iBasso DX160
bagwell359: Rag 1 & HD-600. For sale: HE-500; HE-5LE; HE-4XX; cables
pravous: Airmid, Aegis, BHC and Schiit coaster amps, Audial S5 dac and Atrium, 6xx
Cat Whisperer Bob: Hifiman HE1000 Stealth headphones, Liquid Platinum amp, Earmen Tradutto DAC
Ishcabible: Amps: Oliver Sayes 801a/300B with Type 26 Preamp, TBD SS amp DAC: Marcel Van Gevel Valve DAC, Headphones: Abyss Diana TC
ES-Lab ES1a with Mjolnir SRD7, Sennheiser HD580, Sennheiser HD800 driver DIY headphone, Yamaha YH5000SE, ZMF Caldera
cangle: Headphones: ETA O2, Abyss Diana v2, ZMF Atticus, Focal Utopia IEMs: Kinera Loki (please bring your own tips to try) Digital: Bricasti MC1, Schiit Urd, iBasso DX320
Amps: Flux FA-12, Mass Kobo 475
wizzman121: ZMF Caldera, ZMF Atrium Open, ZMF Auteur Classic, Focal Utopia, Aur Neon Pro, Moondrop S8, Duno SA6 Ultra, Headamp GS-X Mini, Cayin HA-3A, Soekris, 541 DAC, iBasso DX240 w/ AMP8 MK2S, Chord Mojo 2
wolfhill138: BHC/Speedball/Audyn Q4 caps/TKD pot/1950s RCA 6AS7G, Modius AKM, Senn HD6XX, Hifiman Sundara
TheDJHastings: Focal Radiance, potentially Focal Bathys, Schiit Modi 3+
Mullet: Audeze LCD-MX4, HS800S, ZMF Atticus (FS), Mr Speakers Alpha Prime (FS) and Sennheiser Momentum Red Bull Edition (FS), Raspberry Pi based dac and DYI amp.
DeweyCH: Stax SR-L700 Mk2, 300 and 600 ohm Lithium Alkali, Closed-back Lithium prototype, Veritè Closed,
Marsmellow: og clears, Ananda stealth, Fiio k9 pro ess, Feliks Audio echo mkii, and xduoo mt-604, Bottlehead Crack with Speedball
squashi: AMF Atrium, LCD-5, Warwick Bravura, Focal Clear and Utopia, IE600, Blessing 2, Andromeda (Snow White Edition), Tanchjim Oxygen, Galaxy Buds Pro, iBasso DX320 Edition X w/amp11.2 and 12exn-s, iFi Pro iCan Signature
Garney: IEMs: FiR Audio Radon 6, 64 Audio Nio, 634ears 9iNE, 7Hz Timeless. DAPs: Shanling M9, iBasso DX300 Headphones:Meze Empyrean AMP / DAC: Schiit Asgard 3, Topping E70 Velvet
yomper88: Headphones: ZMF Auteur Classic, Sennheiser HD-6XX, Hifiman HE400i, IEMs: Moondrop S8, Final Audio A4000, DACs/amps: Chord Mojo 2 + Poly, Little Dot Mk. II (Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV and Mullard M8100 EF95 tubes, Sovtek 6H30EB power tubes), Aune X8 MagicDAC w/Sparkos Labs SS3602 op amp, Drop THX AAA 768, iFi Zen DAC, DAP: Shanling M3s
pravous: Airmid, Aegis, Schiit coasters and unicorn tubes

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 135
Awesome, will definitely be going. I'll think about what gear I can bring. Looking forward to this, had a great time at the last one earlier this year.

Aug 14, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 135
I hated missing the last one. Will be bringing some gear, TBD. Might bring a friend too. I'll have him sign in. If so, we can set up at the same table.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 135
My friend, new to the site would like to come but he can't log in at the moment. "Cat Whisperer Bob".

Aug 14, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 135
Just signed up, looking forward to this meet. Will bring at least one headphone and some portable equipment. TBD later.

Aug 14, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 135
Just signed up, looking forward to this meet. Will bring at least one headphone and some portable equipment. TBD later.
Great! The more the better. Glad you can make it.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #8 of 135
Excited to be able to make this one. I can bring Airmid, Aegis, BHC and Schiit coaster amps, Audial S5 dac and Atrium, 6xx for headphones.
Nice! Glad you can make it. I've always wanted to check out one of the coaster amps!

Aug 14, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 135
I will being Hifiman HE1000 Stealth headphones, Liquid Platinum amp, Earmen Tradutto DAC.

Aug 14, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #10 of 135
I should be able to make it again! I’m planning on bringing much less this time

Amps:
Oliver Sayes 801a/300B with Type 26 Preamp
TBD SS amp

DAC:
Marcel Van Gevel ValveDAC

Headphones:
Abyss Diana TC
ES-Lab ES1a with Mjolnir SRD7
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD800 driver DIY headphone
Yamaha YH5000SE
ZMF Caldera

Aug 14, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #11 of 135
Going to put the gear I can bring here, will probably change as I'm in the process of buying and selling some things now.

Headphones: ETA O2, Abyss Diana v2, ZMF Atticus, Focal Utopia
IEMs: Kinera Loki (please bring your own tips to try)
Digital: Bricasti MC1, Schiit Urd, iBasso DX320
Amps: Schiit Mjolnir 3, Mass Kobo 475

Edit: Ordered a MJ3 so will bring that in place of the Flux FA-12.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #12 of 135
I should be able to make it again! I’m planning on bringing much less this time

Amps:
Oliver Sayes 801a/300B with Type 26 Preamp
TBD SS amp

DAC:
Marcel Van Gevel ValveDAC

Headphones:
Abyss Diana TC
ES-Lab ES1a with Mjolnir SRD7
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD800 driver DIY headphone
Yamaha YH5000SE
ZMF Caldera
Nice! I heard the Caldera recently. VERY good!

Aug 15, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #13 of 135
Going to put the gear I can bring here, will probably change as I'm in the process of buying and selling some things now.

Headphones: ETA O2, Abyss Diana v2, ZMF Atticus, Focal Utopia
IEMs: Kinera Loki (please bring your own tips to try)
Digital: Bricasti MC1, Schiit Urd, iBasso DX320
Amps: Flux FA-12, Mass Kobo 475
Urd! Nice!

Aug 17, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #14 of 135
If you are no longer able to make it can you please let me know via comment on this thread or PM. I just need to remove your name from the Attendees and Gear list. Thanks a lot!

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #15 of 135
I will be there! If anyone has anyone has a Wells Milo amp, I would love to demo it.

I will plan to bring the following:

ZMF Caldera
ZMF Atrium Open
ZMF Auteur Classic
Focal Utopia
Aur Neon Pro
Moondrop S8
Duno SA6 Ultra

Holo Bliss KTE
Cayin HA-3A
Soekris 2541 DAC
iBasso DX240 w/ AMP8 MK2S
Chord Mojo 2

The following items may go up for sale soon. Let me know if you are interested and I will hold off posting them and bring them along for you to demo:

Fiio M11 Plus LTD AKM
Monolith Liquid Platinum w/some optional spare tubes
Headamp GS-X Mini

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back