$40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13)
Mar 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #77 of 88
I think the GR02 BE are punchier and have a better Bass texture, the MH1C go low but are a little looser and have some bass bleed. The upper range is where the GR02 BE is much crisper and have better detail. MH1C can be a little mellow. MH1C has a little better sound stage but the music that shines with the GR02 BE, the soundstage is not a big deal as that music is more forward anyway.

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #78 of 88
RHA MA-350 (Added 3/1/2013)
This one was very close to the MH1C but the smoother Uppers with that slightly less can sound edged it out. Ran this one through some Rock FLAC Volbeat, Slash, Offspring etc. The first thing that jumps at you with these is the amount of Bass, tons of Bass especially sub bass. If the GR02 BE does not give you enough Bass then grab these babies. The Bass is a touch flabby for my liking and then also lacks the punch/tightness that I like. There are more highs here than the MH1C for a more V shaped sound. Most of the spectrum has this Canned sound to it, makes it a little thin, I get closer to sibilant with these than the GR02BE. I find the Soundstage more closed than most here. some of the highs run together a bit leaving you wanting a little more instrument separation. Overall this is a very good value and if you want that extra Bass - these are the ones. Build is nice, only 3 sets of tips, braided cable has some microphonics (similar cable to the Monoprice), little felt pouch similar to what VSonic is doing now.

Review added to OP

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #79 of 88
Hey, if an IEM has an MSRP of higher than $40, but is temporarily $40 due to a sale or price drop, that counts right? 

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #80 of 88
That's a tough one, we can add one that is over $40 but on sale but then you can't it for that price later on. Won't hurt to review and add them though and can just leave them in an on sale category.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #81 of 88
Well I think it should count, especially considering that some sales are cyclical in nature.  As long as:  (a) the MSRP is $0 or less; or (b) you legitmately purchased it from a retailer (not ebay) for an retail price of $40 or less, it should be good to go. 
smile.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #83 of 88
Gr99 is not on the list right now. I would suggest the GR02 BE is bass and a v shaped sound or the VC02 for a super clear linear sound, both are right around $40.

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #84 of 88
If you want something cheaper at $20 dollars gr99's won't disappoint, of all vsonic models its the bassiest while still maintaining great sound quality, but at $40 dollars vc02's / mh1c / tpeos d200 series are your best choices. :)

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #85 of 88
Are you considering trying the gr99? Im trying to find an earphone in the 40$ price range to replace my klipsch s4 but im stuck between these and the e10,s

Get the GR02 bass. I've had the E10's & although they were really good iem's that outperformed their price the GR02 bass slightly outshines them in sound quality, having clearer highs & a more enjoyable bass. That was enough to give the E10's away to my friend.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #86 of 88
Exactly, I have both and my son had e e10s for a while be he also asked me to get him the GR02 BE and we both feel they are best for that price range.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #87 of 88
Wait, father and son head-fiers?  That's just about the cutest darn thing I've heard of in quite some time. 
smile.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #88 of 88
So would you recommend tha RHA MA350 for bass loving walking person? I move a lot and so I need something with a good fit? I can get the RHA for £30.00 I like to listen to bassy music and anything with a solid punch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back