$40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13)
Feb 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #61 of 88
My Gr02 arrived after 7 days to Melbourne Australia. I'm gonna be honest I didn't like it at first listen because it sounded harsh, but after only 2 hours of burn-in at 80% volume they got significantly better, now I love em more than my e10's, vocals are noticeably more crisp & don't get me started on that bass. It did come with a tag that says to burn them in for 100 hours so I'm guessing they will sound like heaven then.

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #62 of 88
Excellent but yes most of the vsonics tame on the top end after some burn in. Report back after some time with them.

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #63 of 88
Quote:
My Gr02 arrived after 7 days to Melbourne Australia. I'm gonna be honest I didn't like it at first listen because it sounded harsh, but after only 2 hours of burn-in at 80% volume they got significantly better, now I love em more than my e10's, vocals are noticeably more crisp & don't get me started on that bass. It did come with a tag that says to burn them in for 100 hours so I'm guessing they will sound like heaven then.

Hell to the yes! I just got my GR02 Bass today also. I have only ever used IEMs from Wallmart and dollar store, and the way these sound is like comparing the crack in my side walk to the Grand Canyon. Hello bassgasms!

These come with 14 pairs of tips; thats insane. It also has a funky looking jack...
DOES ANYONE WANT SOME HIGH RES PICTURES OF THESE? I also got a cannon with CHDK :)

How does one re-cable these without destroying them?

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #64 of 88
Add another one to the club!! I would not touch the cables as they are some of the best, rubber and tangle free.

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #65 of 88
I have another question:

My iPod touch(4g) 3.5 audio out jack s pretty much dead now. So couldn't I just get a cheap $3 LOD and a female-to-female 3.5 to listen to my iPod? OR do I have to use a amp if I go the LOD route (*e5 cough* but my funds are really running low for this stuff...).

I think ill just buy this cheap-o and cut off the usb for everyday pocket use. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052QOPEE/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=  Am I going about this right?

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #66 of 88
An LOD is used to BYPASS the amp meaning signal (no Power) is going to be coming out of that cable and you then need an external amp. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but you are not going to get loud enough signal out of the LOD to drive your headphones. Aside from buying a new DAP, Getting an E6 with an LOD cable (about $35 total) is the way to go there.

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #67 of 88
Line out is different in a number of ways to a headphone out (impedance, etc).

Line out has no attenuation, so if the level is not good, you can't turn up or down (maybe an app may do this).

A basic Fiio or small amp will be a solution with the LOD.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #68 of 88
Quote:
An LOD is used to BYPASS the amp meaning signal (no Power) is going to be coming out of that cable and you then need an external amp. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but you are not going to get loud enough signal out of the LOD to drive your headphones. Aside from buying a new DAP, Getting an E6 with an LOD cable (about $35 total) is the way to go there.

Here is my dilemma:

1.) The E6 + L1 combo is $30. However it is said that the L1 is a crappy cable, and the E6 sounds better but supposedly has a cheap/fragile feel to it.

2.) The E5 is solid and cheaper, but needs a good L9 cable which together is $30. Again this sounds somewhat worse that the E6.

3.) I risk it and pay ~$20 for tools, adhesive, and a replacement iPod headphone jack.

I would love your guys input regarding options 1 and 2 though! As I might opt for option #3 because I have taken lots of things apart over the years and this slick little device could use some parts anyways. The only reason I use iPod over sansa fuse is due to the fact that it has Pandora radio.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #69 of 88
I tried to repair my ipod nano. I broke it.

have a look at a guide, in my case I went in uneducated as to how difficult it was (stupid micro ribon cables and soldering terminals 2mm wide and 1/2mm apart).

E6 and L1 are ok, to me its more of a pain to connect to USB for recharging, etc. I have the L1 and E6, both decent kit for the price.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #70 of 88
Quote:
Here is my dilemma:

1.) The E6 + L1 combo is $30. However it is said that the L1 is a crappy cable, and the E6 sounds better but supposedly has a cheap/fragile feel to it.

2.) The E5 is solid and cheaper, but needs a good L9 cable which together is $30. Again this sounds somewhat worse that the E6.

3.) I risk it and pay ~$20 for tools, adhesive, and a replacement iPod headphone jack.

I would love your guys input regarding options 1 and 2 though! As I might opt for option #3 because I have taken lots of things apart over the years and this slick little device could use some parts anyways. The only reason I use iPod over sansa fuse is due to the fact that it has Pandora radio.

I had the E6 (gave it to my son now) with and L9 cable using my iPhone 4 and was happy with the results (did not use the EQ options on the E6 as I did not like any of the sound sigs) and used the equalizer app to taylor. It will be a slight improvement over the headphone out of your ipod IMO. I just stuck it to the back of my phone case.

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #71 of 88
I appreciate all the help I have been getting, and I hope it helps someone else.
I went with the E6 and L9 with that free super shipping stuff :)

*So far my GR02 BEs have got ~24 hrs of burn-in, and I got home from work and shoved them in my ears and I was smiling the whole time! I never had ear/head phones do this to me before! I think I will start making this audio-file stuff a hobby and see if I can get some $200 IEMs in like 2-3 years. Maybe even some customs when I win the lottery...

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #73 of 88
Got some RHA 350s coming, Brainwavz R1or M1? (anyone preferrence), MEE M31 would be after those. What others should we add to the review queue?

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #74 of 88
Quote:
I have added the VC02 comparison to the OP.

Quote:
Added VC02 2/15/2013
Took everyone's advice and added the VC02 to the collection and gave them a run through tonight. The first word to describe them is creamy. Much flatter freq response with a very smooth sound. Much less bass and impact than the GR02 BE. Can make the GR02 BE sound a little hollow in the upper end but I also feel the vocals on the VC02 can sound a touch veiled which is my they are also smooth. Great detail and a wider soundstage. But they just lack that impact that you get from the GR02 BEs. Listening to Volbeat FLAC recording sounds very nice on the VC02, you love the clarity and smoothness but when you switch back to the GR02s, you just get that smile back on your face as you start to feel the music as intended (I was at the concert so I know). VC02 is one of the most comfortable IEMs that I own and is an excellent choice for smooth detailed and clear sound. If you are looking for v shaped with low end, punchy mids and crisp highs then it is the GR02s as they still remain the winner for me here. Next I will try and get to some brainwaves.

Thanks so much zerocoolhifi for adding this review/comparison into the OP and for those that commented in this thread! It helped me decide between the VC02 and the GR02 BE. I ended up with the GR02 BE after going back and forth, but couldn't be happier. I think the GR02 BE has a perfect amount of bass and it's very controlled. I don't feel it is overpowered in bass and really does a good job on the lower frequences (especially with a good fit into your ear & proper seal). Appreciate it once again, ~ Im2bz2p :)

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #75 of 88
Excellent, glad you like them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back