3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #333 of 774
Quote:
I should have a Q-cable by then.

Oh very nice 
size]

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #334 of 774
I have at least 5 extension chords available to bring, but no powerstrips. I don't think I'll bring any gear, as it is my first meet and I'd rather not have to worry about keeping up with gear, and the big Wilson's don't travel very easily.

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #335 of 774
Since I'm boring and don't tend to buy gear very often, I'll be bringing the same stuff I've brought to the last 2 meets.  

Setup 1: Audio-GD Compass -> Grado HF2
Setup 2: Cute Fubar DAC (modified with opa627 opamps) -> DIY AC powered 'mint' style amp (with audio-gd Moon discrete opamp/dual buf634) -> Grado HF-1
Setup 3: Total Bithead -> KSC-35 (if anyone cares... I'll throw it in the box)

I'll also have a laptop with full spotify and I can bring a turntable and some vinyl as well if the source variety seems lacking.  

Thanks for doing all the hard work!  :)

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #336 of 774
I think I'm going to return the 650s while I still can, and get a different pair by the meet...

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #337 of 774
It sounds like we'll have at least 2 TTs if not 3 not including yours. What table would you want to bring?

Quote:
Since I'm boring and don't tend to buy gear very often, I'll be bringing the same stuff I've brought to the last 2 meets.  

Setup 1: Audio-GD Compass -> Grado HF2
Setup 2: Cute Fubar DAC (modified with opa627 opamps) -> DIY AC powered 'mint' style amp (with audio-gd Moon discrete opamp/dual buf634) -> Grado HF-1
Setup 3: Total Bithead -> KSC-35 (if anyone cares... I'll throw it in the box)

I'll also have a laptop with full spotify and I can bring a turntable and some vinyl as well if the source variety seems lacking.  

Thanks for doing all the hard work!  :)

But they're so good...

Quote:
I think I'm going to return the 650s while I still can, and get a different pair by the meet...

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #341 of 774
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #343 of 774
Here's a little preview of the record bin that'll be on my table. :D

This thing weighs a ton. Also, Quadrophenia is in there for ya, Al.

Should have some dividers in it for genres by then as well. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #344 of 774
1 month away bump!

Haven't had any payments in 2 weeks. Please do so if you are planning to attend. If you are planning to pay at the door post it in the thread or pm me, need to get an idea of who will be coming to plan nametags and such. Still $425 to go til room is paid for. Here's the details for the meet and payment if you haven't seen them. (Link)

If you are coming from out of town and will need a place to stay, get it reserved soon. The Hilton Garden Inn I reserved a couple weeks ago at $84 a night is now $110 a night due to the motorcycle race.

Also, due to snail mail lag, the last day you can send me a check by mail is Feb 22nd. This gives it a full week to get to me. Sorry, 'I mailed you a check yesterday' won't get you in the door. I will take them at the door if you miss the 22nd deadline, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back