3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #766 of 774
In way too late. Man. I hope the next one isn't too long from now, I've been saving up for the next pair. I can't decide between Grado SR325i (which I heard at Whetstone and loved, to replace SR80i) and some HE-400 (to replace my Senn HD598, which I also love), which I have yet to hear but I really hope live up to all the hype and reviews. I might also find something closed to replace the ATH-M50 for my office listening. Who knows.

Anyway, hopefully I'm around for the next one!

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #767 of 774
Quote:
Sorry to post this here, but the impression threads are all locked for some reason.

Anyway... I finally got the pics I took processed and posted. Hopefully someone enjoys them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan1son/sets/72157633164893589/

Hey Dan#1, thanks so much for the verrrry nice pics.  I thought your vinyl set up sounded excellent.

The other Travis.

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #770 of 774
Does anyone know of a service in Austin (or elsewhere) that will digitize LPs, or make custom CDs from LPs?

Please PM me if you know of such a service...  Thanks!

I'm planning to start a sevice like this later this year. How soon are you wanting it? It's more for myself but I'd open it up to Head-fiers if they want it.

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #771 of 774
Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone know of a service in Austin (or elsewhere) that will digitize LPs, or make custom CDs from LPs?

Please PM me if you know of such a service...  Thanks!

I'm planning to start a sevice like this later this year. How soon are you wanting it? It's more for myself but I'd open it up to Head-fiers if they want it.

Great news...looks at racks of albums collected since the mid-60's....

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #773 of 774
Quote:
Ain't gon be free tho. :wink:

It's gonna take quite a bit of work to get it done right...and I want it done right.

Quote:
Great news...looks at racks of albums collected since the mid-60's....

Understood on both counts.

Knowing the quality of your equipment, I'd be looking for for those special LP's that are unavailable on CD (or far better than released on CD); are excellent recordings; and are in great shape.

The "Nuggets" type recordings are certainly not on any list for consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back