32 Ohm Audio Visit: Impressions of the Ultrasone Edition 8, Sennheiser HD800 & Audez'e LCD2
Jul 30, 2011 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I took a quick visit over to 32 Ohm Audio today on my way home to get some info on some gear I should be reviewing here soon (ALO Continental, AlgoRythm Solo, etc.) I met Caleb, the manager of the store and he showed me around. I didn't know those high end headphones were so massive. Anyway, I got to listen to a few different phones from the store hooked up to the Cavalli Liquid Fire Tube Amp. I only got about a minute with each since I wanted to take a look at everything but here are my impressions of the HD800's, which weren't to my liking. They seemed very focused on treble and higher end extension, too bright and sibilant for me, maybe a little roll off to calm it down on the high end. For the Edition 8's...hmm...they were ok. They seemed rather flat to me and really didn't compare with the HD800's or the Audez'e. Especially for the price. I loved the Audez'e. Very sweet mids and nice tonal balance. In the end I walked out with a new pair of Grado SR80i's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back