$300 RS-1 - is this a steal?
Jan 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #16 of 80
well i think he is trustworthy... he seems like an honest guy and when i was there to buy my SR-125s he let me try them out on a whole bunch of stuff.. he tells me to bring CDs, laptop, iPod, whatever i have to demo stuff with.

i bought me SR-125s from him new for $125

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #17 of 80
That's about the market price on SR-125's, if used from a vendor. Just make sure they are not RS-2's. Wondering if there has been a mix-up. Still a decent deal, but if they really are functional RS-1's... criminally insane price indeed.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #18 of 80
Sounds too good to be true...
ph34r.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #19 of 80
Dang...
ph34r.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #20 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's about the market price on SR-125's, if used from a vendor. Just make sure they are not RS-2's. Wondering if there has been a mix-up. Still a decent deal, but if they really are functional RS-1's... criminally insane price indeed.

the headband may be shot, the demo's at a store near me had an RS-2i and the headband was so stretched it did not fit on my head properly. You should be able to bend it into place and then you'll have a great pair of headphones.

You've got a great deal, just don't forget taxes.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #21 of 80
Take a look at them and pay a reasonable deposit to seal the deal.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #24 of 80
Even if it was an RS2, it'd still be a decent deal.
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #25 of 80
i just got back from the place! they seem in great shape!! beautiful headphones. they are indeed the RS-1's, however they are not the RS-1i - is that bad?

the only thing i saw wrong cosmetically was that one of the pads seemed worn down a bit - i'd probably throw on my 125's bowl pads since i like those.

i'm going to try to get $300 to spend asap. it will take a couple paychecks though
frown.gif

besides that, they sound and look SUPURB.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #26 of 80
Good for you, man. Some would say that the RS-1's with buttons (Classics, I assume), sound better than the buttonless versions. A matter of preference. The pads are obv. easily changed with a new set if necessary.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #28 of 80
If they are truly legit and drivers have not been replaced to inferior ones, (it has happened before) then that price is not just steal, its insane! Go for it!

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #29 of 80
No, the older RS1's aren't necessarily worse. Some people even enjoy them more. Word of advice; see if it has the button on the outside, take a look inside the driver and see if they are pink, then see if the headband is brown rather than black. If it has all those things, then it's most likely what we call a "Vintage" RS1, which is very rare and apparently the best sounding version... Buy it ASAP, pay the $300, and then run as fast as you can.
biggrin.gif
Even if it isn't vintage, you're still getting killer of a deal so do it anyway.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #30 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the older RS1's aren't necessarily worse. Some people even enjoy them more. Word of advice; see if it has the button on the outside, take a look inside the driver and see if they are pink, then see if the headband is brown rather than black. If it has all those things, then it's most likely what we call a "Vintage" RS1, which is very rare and apparently the best sounding version... Buy it ASAP, pay the $300, and then run as fast as you can.
biggrin.gif
Even if it isn't vintage, you're still getting killer of a deal so do it anyway.

button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back