$300 RS-1 - is this a steal?
Jan 22, 2010 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

cruizin caleb

100+ Head-Fier
EDIT: I BOUGHT THEM!! PICS ON PAGE 5
biggrin.gif
- i paid $315something with tax! they are absolutely beautiful - looks and sounds!
o2smile.gif

Here is the story. I woke up this morning and was distraught because i put on my SR-125s and, to my displeasure, i found that they were completely out in the right ear - no sound whatsoever.
I called the place i bought them in fall and they told me to send them to Grado and Grado will fix them for free because they are still under warranty.

So i'm doing that.

However I told the guy i had been thinking of upgrading to the 225 and he told me he actually has a used pair of RS-1s that he'd sell to me for $300. He said they were in perfect condition, they were just used with no more warranty and that i could come in at anytime and give them a listen.

Whatcha think?

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by cruizin caleb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the story. I woke up this morning and was distraught because i put on my SR-125s and, to my displeasure, i found that they were completely out in the right ear - no sound whatsoever.
I called the place i bought them in fall and they told me to send them to Grado and Grado will fix them for free because they are still under warranty.

So i'm doing that.

However I told the guy i had been thinking of upgrading to the 225 and he told me he actually has a used pair of RS-1s that he'd sell to me for $300. He said they were in perfect condition, they were just used with no more warranty and that i could come in at anytime and give them a listen.

Whatcha think?

That's a very good deal, the lowest i've seen some rs-1 go is for $400 a few times on these forums (buttonless)

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 80
If it's a legit offer and the headphones are indeed "perfect", then that is a phenomenally good price for a pair of RS-1s. Even if they have some cosmetic issues I'd jump all over it in a heartbeat.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 80
No kidding. Check them out first...of course!

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 80
That is stupid-good. Run, don't walk.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 80
Do it nao.

BTW, imagine if this RS1 happens to be a vintage model or something.
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 80
here is the catch - i can't buy them right now - i don't have that much money in my spending account. however over the next couple weeks i hope to get $300 to spend ASAP and i will buy them.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #13 of 80
I'll buy 'em for you... and get them to you when I tire of them!
wink.gif

AWESOME DEAL. Call your parents. Call your friends. Get those funds together!

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #15 of 80
If you don't get them give me the guys number and I will get them
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back