30% off eBay B/O's: Amp time :)
Jul 9, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #32 of 75
It'll appear as pending in your cashback account in a couple of days, a week at the most. If not, contact MS. Then, it'll show up in your PP account after 60 days.

Oh, and it's back at 20%. I'm starting to have a theory about why the % fluctuates. I'm guessing it's based on demand. Demand on 35% was huge, so it went down to 25%. Demand on that was even higher for fear of it going lower. Then it went down to 20%, and then 10%. Then, people stopped bothering with it, so they raised it back up to 25%, then demand goes up, it goes back to 20%.

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaronni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I ordered yesterday when the ad still said 25%, specifying $150. So I should be getting that amount back, right?

Yes.

I've used this 4 times now
smily_headphones1.gif

Simply put:

Search on live.com for something along the lines of "cheap something"
keep searching until you find a banner that says "Live cashback XX%"
Click that link to go to e-bay

If you have a banner at the top that says XX%, search for whatever you REALLY want. It MUST be a buy it now.

Purchase something via buy it now. Ship to a VERIFIED address.

Wait for the message to show up in your my-ebay messages.

Click through and create a live.com handle/login to claim cash back

Wait 60 days, and you will get your money (you decide whether to send a check, paypal, or deposit)

Jul 11, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #35 of 75
last time I used a 10% ebay/paypal coupon, it didn't work. well it showed the 10% off when I did the transaction, but guess what....I later found out my account was deducted by the full amount. Son of a @#$, I won't use paypal for receiving payments larger than $100 any more.

F#$% paypal, scammers.

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #36 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
last time I used a 10% ebay/paypal coupon, it didn't work. well it showed the 10% off when I did the transaction, but guess what....I later found out my account was deducted by the full amount. Son of a @#$, I won't use paypal for receiving payments larger than $100 any more.

F#$% paypal, scammers.

You are not scammed. Initially, you pay the whole amount and then, after the seller confirms it, they report it to microsoft that your purchase is eligible for money back. Then, you're credit is handed over to your live.com account where it will sit for no more than 60 days. Then, MS will deposit the money to your paypal account. If you happen to return the item to the seller, you will lose the paypal credit as well.

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #37 of 75
I finally get a pair of Dynaudio 5A. (I like 15A better, but I can resist the 25% deal)

I also use the live search engine to buy a chair from CSN chair. Although on the web site it says there is 9% refund , but I only receive 6%. Just be careful when you order through their live search engine.

Message from MS:

Hi xxx

We apologize for any confusion about this item. The prices that are listed on our site are provided by data that is directly uploaded by our merchants. Unfortunately, this data is, occasionally, out of date or contains errors. We'll contact this merchant and request that they correct their data. Please rest assured that if you do purchase the product, you will receive the stated Cashback percentage on the actual subtotal of your order even if it is greater than or less than the price that is listed on our Web site.

Xxx N.

Live Search cashback Support

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #39 of 75
I bought a set of headphones using the cashback. I got the message from ebay that I got cashback but am unable to click on the link to go to Miscrosoft livsearch registration. Has anyone else had that problem?

Jul 24, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #40 of 75
I did this deal a month ago & received 25% off of my D5000s for a total of $335
eek.gif
incl shipping & everything.

Then I just assumed this Cashback deal had come & gone....until I saw this thread again. So I just hopped on & sure enough I got the 25% off banner again....bought a 24" Samsung SyncMaster Widescreen monitor
biggrin.gif
! With my 10% off PayPal coupon, I got this for an extremely good price.

Thank you pohuang for having revived this thread! (& of course...the original OP!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevtt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a set of headphones using the cashback. I got the message from ebay that I got cashback but am unable to click on the link to go to Miscrosoft livsearch registration. Has anyone else had that problem?

I'm not sure what to tell you, Stevtt, but if it's the link that is in your email, then it worked for me. At that particular juncture, I don't think the link is different for someone who is already registered or for someone who needs to register(?). Have you had any luck since you posted yesterday?

Jul 24, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #41 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevtt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your browser doesn't support it, use internet explorer when registering.

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #44 of 75
reading the terms for it, I only noticed exclusions for items under the conditions : Quote:

purchases that are completed on eBay Express | An exciting new way to shop or www.half.ebay.com;
purchases of automobiles or other vehicles;
purchases of real estate;
purchases that are completed using a third party checkout system.

This means, I could probably get a nice cell phone with a big discount?

Jul 25, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #45 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reading the terms for it, I only noticed exclusions for items under the conditions :

This means, I could probably get a nice cell phone with a big discount?

Go for it...it's definitely worth a try. You do not have to confirm a purchase of anything without knowing where you sit on the eligibility issue....it will tell you the amount of Cashback you are eligible for.

There's a bit of a game involved. Start searching for an item on live.com, when you see a banner, check it out, but it may only say "10% cashback" for example. You can keep trying/searching until the banner says a higher %, then you're good to go. Also, you can search for any product at all to get that 25% banner, once you have it at the top of your ebay page, you can then search for the item you really want & that % will stay with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back