Jul 7, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #17 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you want my shipping address?

Are you offering to mod it? Cause that'd be awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #19 of 75
From the cashback T&C Page:

Additional Redemption Requirements. In addition to the redemption requirements in Program Terms, You must redeem Cashback Rewards obtained as a result of a purchase on eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices exclusively via your PayPal account.

Sounds like the cashback is given as a credit for future ebay purchases to be paid via PayPal; it does not appear that you can withdraw the cashback from Microsoft into your checkings account, for example.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #20 of 75
Going over that sentence, I don't think that's what it states.

I'm pretty sure it's just saying that they only give you your money via Paypal. The whole eBay spiel in there is to state how you qualified for cashback rewards in the first place.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #21 of 75
I clicked the banner, and it says I have an hour to buy something and get the reward. Do you think this is a one time deal; as in, if I miss out on an item within the next hour, I won't ever be able to get the discount again (even after clicking a separate banner ad)?

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #22 of 75
Hey guys, this is my first post after lurking for a few months. I figure I'd chime in since I used this offer.

Megathreads regarding this deal can be found here:
*EDIT* 10/15/20/25/35% off at eBay through MSFT cashback program
Live.com 25% is back and running. - SlickDeals.net Forums (most recent of about 3 several hundred page threads regarding this deal)

I purchased an LD MKIV when the deal was at 35%, and used it again when it hit 25% using the 10% coupon that arrived in my email for a monitor.

To use this offer you have to purchase an item using Buy It Now, they seller must accept PayPal, and you must purchase the item within 60 minute of clicking on the cashback link.
After you buy the item on ebay, you will receive a message in your ebay account regarding cashback. It will include a link to microsoft's cashback system (they have tie-ins with many other vendors). After you create a Cashback account and actually pay for the item using PayPal, your Cashback account will update to show pending money. You receive the money after 60 days and you may withdraw it however you want (transfer to PayPal, e-check, etc.)
People concerned that they would have to spend the money earned on ebay or paypal related purchases contacted Microsoft who assured them they could use it on whatever they want.

As others have mentioned, this does not apply to items in motors, real estate, and the other specialty sections. The Microsoft terms state you may not buy gift certificates, however ebays terms say you do with the explicit clause that their terms override MS's terms whenever there is a conflict.

The maximum cashback is 250 dollars per session with a maximum of 3 sessions per ebay account.

One more thing, the cashback is a percentage of the listed price and does not take into account shipping or modifications to the order. For example, if I had wanted to upgrade to the SE edition of the LD MKIV, I would have been billed 399, but only received the cashback % on 299.

Also, I figure I'd throw in this deal that I found while I'm in the process of buying an HD650: up to 50 dollars off all Senns ( http://sennheiserusa.com/upgrade/Tra...8_RebateHQ.pdf )

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #27 of 75
It's $250 per session, max of 3 sessions per account.
You know you're eligible if you see the cashback message at every step of checkout. When you click "Buy It Now" you will see the cashback logo and the amount you will receive next to the "commit to buy" button. If you do not see this, you will not get cashback. Usually they will warn you, and you'll see something explaining why it doesn't qualify.

All paypal accounts are eligible as far as I know, but this offer is only for the US.
Remember your account must be eligible for the auction as well. Some sellers require verified addresses or paypal payment via credit card only. If you do not qualify the seller will cancel the auction and you lose out on the auction and cashback.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #28 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaronni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awww, that ruined my hopes. How do you know if your paypal account is eligible? Will it tell you upon checkout before actually making the transaction?

Eh? I think we have a misunderstanding? The $250 is for how much money is given back, not the total cost of the item you're buying. So, your guitar amp falls well within the range of the offer.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #29 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh? I think we have a misunderstanding? The $250 is for how much money is given back, not the total cost of the item you're buying. So, your guitar amp falls well within the range of the offer.

Ohhh, thanks for the clarification. I thought you meant the price of the item.

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #30 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronoshock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's $250 per session, max of 3 sessions per account.
You know you're eligible if you see the cashback message at every step of checkout. When you click "Buy It Now" you will see the cashback logo and the amount you will receive next to the "commit to buy" button. If you do not see this, you will not get cashback. Usually they will warn you, and you'll see something explaining why it doesn't qualify.

All paypal accounts are eligible as far as I know, but this offer is only for the US.
Remember your account must be eligible for the auction as well. Some sellers require verified addresses or paypal payment via credit card only. If you do not qualify the seller will cancel the auction and you lose out on the auction and cashback.

AAAAAUUGGHHH!!!!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back