2359glenn | studio
Jun 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #3,571 of 39,983
Hi Glenn are you having fun in Greece? 
size]

You were supposed to only relax but I see that tubes and amps are always on your mind 
size]

Or maybe you are missing your friends
size]

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #3,572 of 39,983
Party at Stavros house today maybe he will open the box.

I am only interested in the cookies. But it don't really matter Stavros will have

plenty of great food I am sure. I will gain 20lbs while here.   This is heven here !!!!!

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #3,574 of 39,983
Quote:
The only thing with tube testers is they don't run the tubes like they are run in the amp.

No tube tester I know of is going to supply the 800 volts plate to plate that is supplied to the rectifier tube in ultras amp.

So it can still test good and blow up in the amp this goes for output tubes as well.

800V!! Wowzers!

Most of my tubes are for the OTL amps however, and I really want a tube tester :wink:
Keep the nice pics from Greece coming Glenn, enjoy. I'm off to the street bbq, right in front of my door!
rolleyes.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #3,575 of 39,983
Quote:
Party at Stavros house today maybe he will open the box.

I am only interested in the cookies. But it don't really matter Stavros will have

plenty of great food I am sure. I will gain 20lbs while here.   This is heven here !!!!!

My Wife and I loved Greece! Of course we were just tourists, you get to be with good friends too. What a bonus!

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #3,576 of 39,983
Hello all.

Meeting Glenn and L has been one of the best things that ever happened to me.

We opened the box this afternoon, and It was a fantastic and emotional occasion for me.
One of the best amps I have seen that I never thought it was possible to build when we were talking about it with Glenn some time ago.

Glenn's is a genius and proved me very wrong!!!!! 

Lots of tubes to go with it, some types I've never seen or heard of before were included as well as L's cookies and strawberry jam.

L told everybody that there was cookies and jam so now I have to be nice and share with the rest of the family................so much for been greedy and selfish.

Glenn is so cool, L is lots of fun, and both are so easy to get on with.
Family and friends were very happy meeting them both, and we already started planning for next year.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #3,577 of 39,983
Sounds great, Stavros.  How about posting a picture of the 3 of you?  That would be very cool.  The pictures of the amp can wait until later.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #3,578 of 39,983
We are all there with you guys in spirit! Have a wonderful time and post those pics when you can.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #3,579 of 39,983
Quote:
Sounds great, Stavros.  How about posting a picture of the 3 of you?  That would be very cool.  The pictures of the amp can wait until later.

biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #3,580 of 39,983
Quote:
Hello all.

Meeting Glenn and L has been one of the best things that ever happened to me.

We opened the box this afternoon, and It was a fantastic and emotional occasion for me.
One of the best amps I have seen that I never thought it was possible to build when we were talking about it with Glenn some time ago.

Glenn's is a genius and proved me very wrong!!!!! 

Lots of tubes to go with it, some types I've never seen or heard of before were included as well as L's cookies and strawberry jam.

L told everybody that there was cookies and jam so now I have to be nice and share with the rest of the family................so much for been greedy and selfish.

Glenn is so cool, L is lots of fun, and both are so easy to get on with.
Family and friends were very happy meeting them both, and we already started planning for next year.

What kind of amp did you request from him?(like speaker amp, headphone amp, and did you request a type of sounds signature?) stuff like that
size]

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #3,582 of 39,983
Hello all

This trip has turned into one of the best experiences of my life.
We are being treated like family.
To be seated at Stavros kitchen table and fed traditional Greek food
is special to L and me.
Today we go to the market then come back and have more Greek food
some of witch will be made by his mother.
This is going to be another fantastic day high in calories of coarse.

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #3,584 of 39,983
Quote:
Hello all

This trip has turned into one of the best experiences of my life.
We are being treated like family.
To be seated at Stavros kitchen table and fed traditional Greek food
is special to L and me.
Today we go to the market then come back and have more Greek food
some of witch will be made by his mother.
This is going to be another fantastic day high in calories of coarse.

biggrin.gif
 Sounds amazing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Aleh
Back