2359glenn | studio
Jun 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3,556 of 39,983
Quote:
Quote:

Great to hear of your safe journey. Give rosgr63 a shout from all of us! Surprisingly, my blood pressure improved 20 points just by looking at the Mediterranean. 
rolleyes.gif
 Maybe I need a Vacay...

No you need the WA5, remember?
biggrin.gif

LMAO!!!  Yes....A WA5...Fully maxed out!  
evil_smiley.gif

Welcome aboard Marco!

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #3,563 of 39,983
I believe that means June 1948 (F=1948, 6= June)

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #3,565 of 39,983
It is indeed based on the RCA codes, but RCA wasn't the only company to use them IIRC, and it would be the right period. The RK60 was introduced in 1948, if my information is correct (which of course when we are talking about 75 year old vacuum tubes is a bit of a leap of faith :D )

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #3,569 of 39,983
Quote:
I'm tempted to buy it too, but ideally I'd want a single tester to cover all the tube types I have and the TC162 does not have a UX4 socket for testing 45/2A3 tubes.

I understand, that's why I also have the Precision 620 tube tester from the Navy with all the adapters included and can test the very old tubes and the modern tubes as well. The Precision 620 I have which has all the updates can test both sides of the 3DG4 tube where the Sencore can not as a example. My Precision 620 version has one of the widest range of tubes that can be tested. I have a special updated tube chart for this tester and it was very easy to work on and everything works on it and I just paid $91 for it. The JACKSON 658-A which I had on the other hand was very difficult to work on and 2/3 of the substandard parts has been replaced with better parts but never quite work perfectly. The Jackson can test tubes at a higher voltage levels and more likely to catch tubes that could arc over. I wanted to get the Heathkit TT-1 but could not find one in the condition and price that I was willing to pay. Here is a youtube on restoring the Heathkit TT-1 which shows some of the work involved to restore this tube tester. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJa9nJHttSc
I ended up keeping the Sencore TC28 and the Precision 620. Both required some restorative work and the Sencore was way off in calibration but I successfully restore my Sencore to factory specs.

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #3,570 of 39,983
The only thing with tube testers is they don't run the tubes like they are run in the amp.

No tube tester I know of is going to supply the 800 volts plate to plate that is supplied to the rectifier tube in ultras amp.

So it can still test good and blow up in the amp this goes for output tubes as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back