2359glenn | studio
Sep 10, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #11,896 of 39,986

Stella, my favorite Belgian lager. After the operation I had, I can't have any beer or alcohol for a while. It's so depressing
rolleyes.gif

Then I will be having quite a few Stellas with you soon, my friend! :wink:

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #11,897 of 39,986
  Bugger the food, people. I want to get face down in a big bucket of this:
tongue_smile.gif

wink_face.gif

Hope you guys use the same Dentist (bon appetit!):

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #11,898 of 39,986

Really tempted to post a pic that would get me instantly banned...

Selah looks even better now with a pair of Takatsukis.

This amp is Glenn's masterpiece.

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #11,899 of 39,986

Selah looks even better now with a pair of Takatsukis.

This amp is Glenn's masterpiece.

+1

That may very well be my next upgrade path (i.e. a Glenn Amp similar to Selah (300b/ C3g/ C3m)).

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #11,902 of 39,986
  I am joining the queue (I hope Glenn agrees to have me).  I will go down the 300B path as well.  I am likely to order a new pair of TA-300Bs to compare to my Western Electric 300B pairs once the time comes. 

Yeah think I'm switching to 300b  TA300 and WE300 very nice and expensive.....

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #11,903 of 39,986
  I am joining the queue (I hope Glenn agrees to have me).  I will go down the 300B path as well.  I am likely to order a new pair of TA-300Bs to compare to my Western Electric 300B pairs once the time comes. 

Nice, I have a pair of WE300B as well, also have the Elrog 300B which I sent to Glenn so he could try it out and also use it to test out with amp for me.  I'm right after Tony... oh the wait! it will be worth it though.  I plan to get TA-300B as well as SERP 300B, and do a WWIII shoot out, TA-300Bs (Japan) vs. WE300B (US) vs. Elrog 300B (Germany) vs. SERP 300B (China).

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #11,904 of 39,986

Nice, I have a pair of WE300B as well, also have the Elrog 300B which I sent to Glenn so he could try it out and also use it to test out with amp for me.  I'm right after Tony... oh the wait! it will be worth it though.  I plan to get TA-300B as well as SERP 300B, and do a WWIII shoot out, TA-300Bs (Japan) vs. WE300B (US) vs. Elrog 300B (Germany) vs. SERP 300B (China).

Cant wait for the shootout!!

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #11,905 of 39,986
Cant wait for the shootout!!

Me too :) but first got to have the amp. Must be patience, must be patience. Have you got a chance to give the elrog a listen yet Glenn? What are your thoughts?

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #11,907 of 39,986
I honestly don't know. I received my replacement recently and when I asked if elrog fixed the problem, the answer was yes, but when I inquired for more information, he doesn't know specifically what elrog fixed.

But, elrog is offering me 2 years warranty, so think I good, except my attempt to contact elrog haven't been very successful, haha so... We'll see.

Sep 12, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #11,908 of 39,986
I honestly don't know. I received my replacement recently and when I asked if elrog fixed the problem, the answer was yes, but when I inquired for more information, he doesn't know specifically what elrog fixed.

But, elrog is offering me 2 years warranty, so think I good, except my attempt to contact elrog haven't been very successful, haha so... We'll see.

Please let us know if you have any further issues with the ER300Bs.

Do the bases look any different than the failed tubes? A theory on the failures that has been put to me is that Elrog made a change in the bases that had poor pin alignment, putting stress on the tube leading to early loss of vacuum and bad things happening. If the bases have been changed that might be a step in the right direction.

[disclaimer - this is all hearsay from me - I do not own any Elrog tubes at the moment. I would like to, once I am confident in the product]

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #11,909 of 39,986

Please let us know if you have any further issues with the ER300Bs.

Do the bases look any different than the failed tubes? A theory on the failures that has been put to me is that Elrog made a change in the bases that had poor pin alignment, putting stress on the tube leading to early loss of vacuum and bad things happening. If the bases have been changed that might be a step in the right direction.

[disclaimer - this is all hearsay from me - I do not own any Elrog tubes at the moment. I would like to, once I am confident in the product]

I still think it was the amps they were in blowing these tubes. Khragon I haven't tried them in my amps yet because the amps don't have regulated filament
voltage. The first amp I will put them in will be Tony's I know they will be safe with regulated filament voltage. And this amp will be the same as yours.
I don't want to put them in a amp that the voltage can go over 5 if the line voltage is hot when I put them in.

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #11,910 of 39,986

I still think it was the amps they were in blowing these tubes. Khragon I haven't tried them in my amps yet because the amps don't have regulated filament
voltage. The first amp I will put them in will be Tony's I know they will be safe with regulated filament voltage. And this amp will be the same as yours.
I don't want to put them in a amp that the voltage can go over 5 if the line voltage is hot when I put them in.

I might just have to get some ER300Bs and be the guinea pig then
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back