2359glenn | studio
Mar 27, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #9,227 of 39,986
I want to go to TI is to take pictures of SF skyline at night, I heard it is the best view of SF.

This I didn't know until we made a U turn on TI and then, BAM! I saw the lights of SF and the Bay Bridge. It was fantastic in all of my distorted visual glory.

Bay Bridge Light Show

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #9,228 of 39,986
With the OTL, which one you rated the best?  GZ32, GZ34, or GZ37?  

Neither they sound way different.

Gz34 = dynamic and liquid, with a minty coolness to it. Metal base of course, black base is good but slightly more aggressive.

Gz37 = full bass and tube warmth, yet never bloaty slow or congested. The cossor is better than skinny gz37

Gz32 = tubey but airy and well balanced with euphonic warmth and rich tone, very gec like in sound (cv593), the regular gz32 is more mediocre.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #9,230 of 39,986
Island hopping

It must be a backyard thang - living in LA for several years and been to TI & YBI more times than the Navy... but never Catalina Island 
rolleyes.gif
 go figure!

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #9,231 of 39,986
I met parbaked in the Mission and we parked ourselves up to a bar with a bartender named Rachelle. She makes wicked drinks and we had 2 of them each while hearing her tell us that only lets DJs that own vinyl spin in her bar. Unless, of course, they happen to be really good friends. She loves T.Rex and loves that initial sound the needle makes when placed on a record to play. That clunck (the-needle-hits-the-vinyl-and-finds-the-groove sound).

We thought of and then toasted Stavros--cheers!

Then we went and had killer pizzas and a big pitcher of cold beer. Ultra, where are you? We also talked about amp, vinyl, and amps, and speakers, and Shindos...

Can't wait till the next time...

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #9,232 of 39,986
  I met parbaked in the Mission and we parked ourselves up to a bar with a bartender named Rachelle. She makes wicked drinks and we had 2 of them each while hearing her tell us that only lets DJs that own vinyl spin in her bar. Unless, of course, they happen to be really good friends. She loves T.Rex and loves that initial sound the needle makes when placed on a record to play. That clunck (the-needle-hits-the-vinyl-and-finds-the-groove sound).

Then we went and had killer pizzas and a big pitcher of cold beer. Ultra, where are you? We also talked about amp, vinyl, and amps, and speakers, and Shindos...

Sounds fun, wish I was there.  I'm ready for my trip to SF/TI...just pulled the trigger on this baby.  Of course more sushi and sake, definitely will PM Clayton and parbaked, maybe even a trip to vineyard. 

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #9,233 of 39,986

Sounds fun, wish I was there.  I'm ready for my trip to SF/TI...just pulled the trigger on this baby.  Of course more sushi and sake, definitely will PM Clayton and parbaked, maybe even a trip to vineyard.

TI has wine tasting galore!
We can head there too.
Arrrh!

http://www.mercurynews.com/libations/ci_24902721/treasure-island-wine-trail-where-sip-and-swirl
http://www.weekendsherpa.com/stories/treasure-island-wine-tasting/
http://www.tiwines.net/

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #9,234 of 39,986

TI has wine tasting galore!
We can head there too.
Arrrh!

http://www.mercurynews.com/libations/ci_24902721/treasure-island-wine-trail-where-sip-and-swirl
http://www.weekendsherpa.com/stories/treasure-island-wine-tasting/
http://www.tiwines.net/

I can live there...

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #9,235 of 39,986
  I met parbaked in the Mission and we parked ourselves up to a bar with a bartender named Rachelle. 

Then we went and had killer pizzas and a big pitcher of cold beer. 

Great night out!

Rachelle's place is El Amigo, a tequila centric bar on Mission - excellent cocktails - highly recommended!
PizzaHacker does make superb pizza!

Stavros said it best: We went for Margarita followed by a Margherita! 

Clayton enjoyed more than one Shady Lady, a drink Rachelle invented...I can't remember what I drank but it had tequila, fresh grapefruit and St Germain... 
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #9,236 of 39,986
  Great night out!

Rachelle's place is El Amigo, a tequila centric bar on Mission - excellent cocktails - highly recommended!

Clayton enjoyed more than one Shady Lady, a drink Rachelle invented...I can't remember what I drank but it had tequila, fresh grapefruit and St Germain... 
eek.gif

That usually tells you that you have a great time.   
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #9,237 of 39,986
  That usually tells you that you have a great time.   
beerchug.gif

This was our bartender last night.

Name: Rachel
Bar: El Amigo
Hood: Mission

She pronounces her name Ra-SHELL.

"My signature drink is called a Shady Lady, a bright and refreshing cava-based cocktail. It's a shot of blanco tequila chilled with a bit of Cointreau, topped off with cava, and served up with an orange peel zest. It's simple and fresh, so it goes down smooth but will definitely have you feeling it after just one."

http://www.refinery29.com/47018#slide-10

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #9,239 of 39,986

Lovely. 
wink.gif

Fantastic! Except now when you overhear people talking about "Glass" (Tubes? Lenses?? Drinks?!) your ears are going to raise up more than the ears of a hound dog on a country porch! 
biggrin.gif

Great night out!

eek.gif

Great to hear about you two gathering for a toast of the Bay! 
wink_face.gif
 You'll soon be conversing with someone about something totally unrelated and the name of that drink will come slamming into your memory mid-sentence! Prompting you to seek another... with or without the person you're speaking to.
normal_smile .gif

Going to Expedia now to find a cheap tix to SF...

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back