2359glenn | studio
Mar 30, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #36,001 of 39,986
I never did ask Louis who his supplier was for his stamped logos. That's just as well as I suspect once I saw the price for a non-volume run the idea would fizzle out anyway.

Sorry this is off topic: Louis of Omega Speakers? Must be fate, I am currently trading emails with him, likely picking up a set of his speakers.

He is recommending these to me, a "Customshop 8 High Output" monitor, somewhere around 97dB/W sensitivity. I'm more of a walnut guy, but I am intrigued. His prices are very reasonable.

Edit: the link would help - https://www.instagram.com/p/B-FUvpYpCmb/

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #36,002 of 39,986
I'm having non-buyer's remorse! I should've purchased your amp, reviewed it, then resold it. I need more content for my YT channel and have wanted to try out a GOTL to see what the cult is all about :D

Perhaps another will come along. Would be a very tricky review, the GOTL is a chameleon, you'd have to get a pile of tubes to see how it sounds in many configurations! I know it isn't the same, but Zach (ZMF) brings his GOTL to nearly every show and event he attends, could get a flavor in that setting at least.

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #36,003 of 39,986
Glenn needs to trademark his name! Idk if it will hold its own against some of those beauties, but is it bad practice to submit your own amps to that thread?

I don't know why, maybe it's just me, your amp has that lampizator-ish look, which is pretty. And not cheap.

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #36,004 of 39,986
I lost my Choo Choo today. Please take some time out to give your friend a hug and a kiss. Theyre gone way too soon.
They say heaven is full of dogs,and if its not true,I have no interest in going.

Sorry for your loss. Losing a dog is one of the most difficult things. Will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Mar 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #36,005 of 39,986
Glenn's amps have sort of an invisible badge already...your eyes just tell you, Glenn made that.
My EL3N amp from Glenn has a very visible "badge".
Cannot wait to share some photos (as soon as I get the amp)... A thing of beauty!!! :L3000:

Mar 30, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #36,006 of 39,986
Sorry this is off topic: Louis of Omega Speakers? Must be fate, I am currently trading emails with him, likely picking up a set of his speakers.

He is recommending these to me, a "Customshop 8 High Output" monitor, somewhere around 97dB/W sensitivity. I'm more of a walnut guy, but I am intrigued. His prices are very reasonable.

Edit: the link would help - https://www.instagram.com/p/B-FUvpYpCmb/

I own a customized pair of Super Alnico Monitors. I'm not super familiar with your sonic preferences, but for me it's Alnico all the way. Feel free to hit me up if you want me to ramble about them. I did post a rather long winded impression post in Jason's "Schiit Happened" thread not too long ago as well.

Short version is if you are looking for something that performs very well at lower volumes for near-field then you have found the right speaker. These things sound full and dynamic at whisper quiet volumes and the first time you hear them do it you'll be blown away. I'm not sure if this is true of Louis's ferrite magnet speakers, but the Alnicos are pretty special.

I personally have an issue where the tone gets nasal if the volumes are pushed higher, and I don't know if it's the speakers or the amp. No other owner complains about this, so I have not been inclined to blame the speaker, and if that were the case I've kind of wondered if maybe just playing them loud once would cure the matter. The combination of super low mechanical damping and super high magnetic field strength in this design seems to imbue them with some rather unique break-in behaviors.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #36,007 of 39,986
My EL3N amp from Glenn has a very visible "badge".
Cannot wait to share some photos (as soon as I get the amp)... A thing of beauty!!! :L3000:

Cant wait to see it and to hear your impressions of it... :slight_smile:

Mar 30, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #36,009 of 39,986
I own a customized pair of Super Alnico Monitors. I'm not super familiar with your sonic preferences, but for me it's Alnico all the way. Feel free to hit me up if you want me to ramble about them. I did post a rather long winded impression post in Jason's "Schiit Happened" thread not too long ago as well.

Short version is if you are looking for something that performs very well at lower volumes for near-field then you have found the right speaker. These things sound full and dynamic at whisper quiet volumes and the first time you hear them do it you'll be blown away. I'm not sure if this is true of Louis's ferrite magnet speakers, but the Alnicos are pretty special.

I personally have an issue where the tone gets nasal if the volumes are pushed higher, and I don't know if it's the speakers or the amp. No other owner complains about this, so I have not been inclined to blame the speaker, and if that were the case I've kind of wondered if maybe just playing them loud once would cure the matter. The combination of super low mechanical damping and super high magnetic field strength in this design seems to imbue them with some rather unique break-in behaviors.

Interesting, the Super Alnico Monitors jumped out to me, I'm just trying to figure out what is going to work well in my space and genre preferences. This custom design was Louis' solution, which he built for a customer recently. Something of a high priority is how picky the speakers will be about near-wall positioning - I have a small home, and my room simply doesn't allow me to follow anything close to a "rule of thirds" placement. I have read multiple places now how odd the break-in characteristics are, but post break-in, they seem to get very high praise.

I'll look for your post in the Schiit thread, likely will be shooting you a PM about your experience soon! Thanks.

Mar 30, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #36,010 of 39,986
I lost my Choo Choo today. Please take some time out to give your friend a hug and a kiss. Theyre gone way too soon.
They say heaven is full of dogs,and if its not true,I have no interest in going.

1094459_10152374064365288_1373470238_o (1).jpg
So sorry for your loss :frowning2:

Mar 30, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #36,011 of 39,986
Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #36,014 of 39,986
Hope everyone is staying safe and letting 'em glow...

IMG_2809-2.JPG

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #36,015 of 39,986

Users who are viewing this thread

Back