2359glenn | studio
Mar 30, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #35,986 of 39,983
I lost my Choo Choo today. Please take some time out to give your friend a hug and a kiss. Theyre gone way too soon.
They say heaven is full of dogs,and if its not true,I have no interest in going.
Sorry for your loss D. Be well.

Mar 30, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #35,987 of 39,983
I lost my Choo Choo today. Please take some time out to give your friend a hug and a kiss. Theyre gone way too soon.
They say heaven is full of dogs,and if its not true,I have no interest in going.

1094459_10152374064365288_1373470238_o (1).jpg
Sorry to hear that I just try and remember the times you shared. Beautiful picture I really love the smile!

Mar 30, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #35,989 of 39,983
Totally agree with Glenn.
Also, as a reference - use the table I have created (link in my signature). Shows all the tubes that can be used... including warning on max # (for example no more than 2 x 6336 tubes despite having 6 sockets...).

Thanks for pointing that out it's really helpful! I'm a big fan of documentation and that is really amazing info I like the list of what doesn't work, we do that at my work too as that can save a lot of time and trouble. My main plan is to just get it up and running and then I'm going to try and read up a lot before trying to do anything else so I appreciate the 2x6336 info that was one of the things I liked about L0rdGwyn's picture too because it kind of showed that type of configuration (no clue on if those were the tubes though but there were 2 in the 6 sockets).

@Karnicopia I will be sending you a little starter guide on tube combinations, using the 6/12/25V switch, etc. so you can jump right in when it arrives.

Thanks so much I really appreciate it! That's kind of the part I was worried about was making sure I got it up and running without blowing everything up and then once I get comfortable I am looking forward to trying different combinations. I do want to start out slow though and be careful so this info is really helpful.

Mar 30, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #35,990 of 39,983
Thanks for pointing that out it's really helpful! I'm a big fan of documentation and that is really amazing info I like the list of what doesn't work, we do that at my work too as that can save a lot of time and trouble. My main plan is to just get it up and running and then I'm going to try and read up a lot before trying to do anything else so I appreciate the 2x6336 info that was one of the things I liked about L0rdGwyn's picture too because it kind of showed that type of configuration (no clue on if those were the tubes though but there were 2 in the 6 sockets).

Thanks so much I really appreciate it! That's kind of the part I was worried about was making sure I got it up and running without blowing everything up and then once I get comfortable I am looking forward to trying different combinations. I do want to start out slow though and be careful so this info is really helpful.

You are going to have such a good time with this amp...great times ahead for you.
This amp is a wonderful match for high impedance headphones and it is pretty good with easy to drive planars also.
Have fun and happy listening.

Mar 30, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #35,991 of 39,983

1094459_10152374064365288_1373470238_o (1).jpg

I'm sorry for your loss Darren. Thanks for sharing this slice of life that was ChooChoo. Beautiful pics.

As someone once told me: Dogs live a short life because of the amount of joy the bring into this world. I'll toast a beer to her.

Mar 30, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #35,992 of 39,983
You're most welcome :)
One thing to keep in mind - Keenan has replaced the 2 x C3g sockets with 2 x 6J5 sockets in his amp. That means you should ignore the whole section that lists C3g and other tubes with adapters in those sockets!
On the plus side, you can use 6J5 tubes natively, without adapters in the 6SN7 socket.

You're in for a great treat!!! Have fun :L3000:

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #35,994 of 39,983
Mar 30, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #35,995 of 39,983
Well I am GOTL-less now, OTL tubes are going into storage. The end of an era! Although a pretty short era actually now that I think about it :thinking:

Glenn needs to trademark his name! Idk if it will hold its own against some of those beauties, but is it bad practice to submit your own amps to that thread?
Nah, submit away. Your amp is pretty.

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #35,997 of 39,983
Mar 30, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #35,998 of 39,983
Well I am GOTL-less now, OTL tubes are going into storage. The end of an era! Although a pretty short era actually now that I think about it :thinking:

Glenn needs to trademark his name! Idk if it will hold its own against some of those beauties, but is it bad practice to submit your own amps to that thread?
I'm having non-buyer's remorse! I should've purchased your amp, reviewed it, then resold it. I need more content for my YT channel and have wanted to try out a GOTL to see what the cult is all about :D

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #35,999 of 39,983

Good choice to keep those tubes....at some point something tells me that they will get used again. :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back