2359glenn | studio
Sep 22, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #31,126 of 39,986
You have failed me for the last time...

No matter, I will use @JazzVinyl 's method, or my personal favorites, acetone and isopropyl alcohol. And if I STILL can't get residue off, the tube will be doused in enough combustible liquids by then, I might as well just light it on fire and stay warm, winter is coming.

Use a hair dryer to get the glue hot on the sticker...once it is hot enough the sticker will pull off.

Sep 22, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #31,127 of 39,986
Glenn must be working overtime churning out GOTLs as fast as possible. Putting the HD800 through it's pace with the GOTL now. Tubes are a Hitachi 6sn7gtb NOS (branded Rad-Tel) and 6 x 6bx7gt. This combination sings ! The Hitachi 6sn7gtb surprise me. It's clear, neutral sounding with a crystal clarity. This could be the daily driver and it's cheap ! HD800 is on fire and is as good as the last 18 months with GOTL. Glad I decide to keep it.

Yes feeling pretty good at the moment and am trying to get many amps out as possible. Still takes weeks to build one doing it for a couple of hours after work.

Sep 22, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #31,128 of 39,986
Just got back from the city and went to the Texas Road House dam they have a good steak for a good price.
Just saying if anybody has one near them I recommend trying them if you like steak.

We have one that we frequent regularly...about 30 miles away.....great steaks.
The rolls are killer also!

Even more ironic is that in the[/QUOTE
Even more ironic is that in the same day I had completed my pair of GEC KT66 for my upcoming Glenn amp. They appear in pristine, NOS shape but from different sellers and you can see some slight variation in width, the thinner one coming from the much newer looking yellow+blue box in the background. Serial #'s 7836 and 7701, hopefully not too far apart.

Nice looking tubes....I am going to be getting a pair at some point also.

As far as names for amps go....I am in the minority i guess....I just prefer simple....GOTL...GEL3N....these names are already known. Glenn studio sounds ok though.
Plus I like just saying I have a Glenn...nothing more needs to be said...but hey, to each their own, lol.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #31,129 of 39,986
I am still rocking the EL34 tubes in the GEL3N...pretty content.

I must admit an EL34, KT66,EL37,KT77 amp with different transformers really get my attention....enough so that I may cancel my OTL and keep the OTL that I have and opt for something different...will have to discuss with Glenn.
EL34 sounds great getting only 250 volts to the plates.
DSC03223.JPG

@L0rdGwyn the Kingfish juke joint gig at the Grop Shop was great.....loved seeing this guy where you could get up close and personal
and get to watch his hands and fingers bend strings and make magic. He is a big boy!
DSC03181.jpg
DSC03218.jpg

Also made that trip to the West Side Market.....my buddies will be happy tonight when they come over for the browns game.
bacon__99812.1542412539.1280.1280.jpg
20150121_093704__10581.1447516878.1280.1280.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03223.JPG
    DSC03223.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC03191.jpg
    DSC03191.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC03211.jpg
    DSC03211.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #31,131 of 39,986
The problem is if you eat to many rolls your full before the steaks come out. Have done this in the past but learned.

I agree...the butter on those damn rolls are so good...you can save them for desert.

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #31,132 of 39,986
@L0rdGwyn the Kingfish juke joint gig at the Grop Shop was great.....loved seeing this guy where you could get up close and personal
and get to watch his hands and fingers bend strings and make magic. He is a big boy!

Also made that trip to the West Side Market.....my buddies will be happy tonight when they come over for the browns game.

Amazing! Glad you had a good time. Is that jerky from Czuchraj Meats?! So many good places there, that one is my favorite, your friends are spoiled.

Hopefully the game goes well tonight...but I dunno, these Browns have me concerned.

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #31,133 of 39,986
Nice tubes!!!!
Can't wait to start playing with these tubes a new one for me.

Yeah, I'm excited about it too. I think including B5 sockets in my amp next year is gonna happen, I'm committed now. I would have them in the front, 6J5 behind, too many good looking tubes in this family for them not to be front row. Hopefully the crazy adapter Deyan is building me works out and I can give them a test run in the GOTL. If those globe Tele's are still around in a few months...I may have to pull the trigger, but I wanted to get a pair of MOVs first.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #31,134 of 39,986
Amazing! Glad you had a good time. Is that jerky from Czuchraj Meats?! So many good places there, that one is my favorite, your friends are spoiled.

Hopefully the game goes well tonight...but I dunno, these Browns have me concerned.

I am worried for the Browns tonight also. They have a terrible offensive line with no depth at the position.Baker may get killed by Aaron Donald, lol.
I just read where they may be without the whole defensive backfield tonight...What!
David Njoku has been placed on IR.

Yes the meats are from Czuchraj meats...I bought
Mild Jerky, bacon jerkey, bbq jerky, peach and habanero jerky and some Baker Mayfield jerky...made with ghost peppers, i will pass on this one and let the guys feel the burn.

I also got one of their cards so I can just order online and have the meat shipped.
DSC03228.JPG

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #31,135 of 39,986
I am worried for the Browns tonight also. They have a terrible offensive line with no depth at the position.Baker may get killed by Aaron Donald, lol.
I just read where they may be without the whole defensive backfield tonight...What!
David Njoku has been placed on IR.

Yes the meats are from Czuchraj meats...I bought
Mild Jerky, bacon jerkey, bbq jerky, peach and habanero jerky and some Baker Mayfield jerky...made with ghost peppers, i will pass on this one and let the guys feel the burn.

I also got one of their cards so I can just order online and have the meat shipped.

WOW what a lineup, I had no idea I could have it shipped to me, this is a game-changer...

And yeah, our defensive backfield is gone, backup tight ends, it is gonna be ugly. Hopefully Baker comes out of it alive.

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #31,137 of 39,986
EL34 sounds real good...what I like abot EL34,KT66,,KT77 is that you can get nice old skool ones but also get can reissued tubes for all pretty cheap...not sure how they sound
but I would think while maybe not as good as the best...still maybe 80% or more of the best.

The EL3N are already cheap.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #31,138 of 39,986
Just bought some EL34s decided against the EL12spez. Hard to get and a crazy socket will always be able to get replacement EL34s.
And I know the EL34 sounds good.

I will be doing a deep dive into what power tubes to use in my 2020 6J5/MH4 build soon. I have been all OTL or hybrid up to this point, so I am pretty transformer-coupled power tube naive. Will keep the EL34 in mind, but any suggestions from people with more experience would be appreciated. I have started my homework on 6L6.

I was reading that KT66 as strapped triodes perform almost identically to PX5, which seems to be a common MH4 pairing. Obviously don't need to worry about feeding filtered DC to the filaments too.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #31,140 of 39,986
Just bought some EL34s decided against the EL12spez. Hard to get and a crazy socket will always be able to get replacement EL34s.
And I know the EL34 sounds good.

Just tried the EL11 / EL12 spez yesterday in GOTL again. The sound is just so beautiful even in the OTL amp not configured for it. Best sound I've heard from any combo in the GOTL. Sounds very beautiful with Verite. So good that I know for sure I wanted it in a custom SET amp.

I wouldn't recommend anyone run these tubes in GOTL unless to try the tone but it's a pretty expensive exercise just to do that. Those adapters were about $60 each and they were custom made for me by Mrs Xuling last year.

IMG-3596.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back