2359glenn | studio
Aug 30, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #29,448 of 39,998
Very green, this image. Wrong WB?

No, that is my photography light, AKA the green glow of Foobar2000 dynamic range waveform on my computer monitor :) in darker photos, in makes for a nice effect, the juxtaposition of green from Foobar, orange from the tubes, and blue light from the GOTL LED. Probably too much green during daylight.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #29,449 of 39,998
Starting to get excited. After many months of patiently waiting, Glenn says my GOTL build is nearing completion!!

Now need to continue building my tube inventory which is fairly lean. Forum members here have been extremely helpful in guiding tube targets including some of you that have answered PMs, so thank you! Also interested in another headphone. A ZMF visit may be in order as their operation is not too far from where I live.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #29,450 of 39,998
Starting to get excited. After many months of patiently waiting, Glenn says my GOTL build is nearing completion!!

Now need to continue building my tube inventory which is fairly lean. Forum members here have been extremely helpful in guiding tube targets including some of you that have answered PMs, so thank you! Also interested in another headphone. A ZMF visit may is in order as their operation is not too far from where I live.

Congrats!

ZMF headphones and Glenn OTL is a fantastic pairing. You can’t go wrong with the Auteur or Verite and this amp.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #29,451 of 39,998

Now need to continue building my tube inventory which is fairly lean. Forum members here have been extremely helpful in guiding tube targets including some of you that have answered PMs, so thank you! Also interested in another headphone. A ZMF visit may be in order as their operation is not too far from where I live.

Congrats!

ZMF headphones and Glenn OTL is a fantastic pairing. You can’t go wrong with the Auteur or Verite and this amp.

Seconded! I do not own the Vérité (yet), but the Auteur is a fantastic pairing, particularly if you enjoy the midrange-forward frequency response of something like the HD650 (looking at what you already own). The timbre and staging is different and the Auteur is more resolving, but in terms of frequency response, think HD650 but with sub-bass kick :)

Here is a comparison measurement from ZMF:

HD650_-_auteur.jpg

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #29,452 of 39,998
Seconded! I do not own the Vérité (yet), but the Auteur is a fantastic pairing, particularly if you enjoy the midrange-forward frequency response of something like the HD650 (looking at what you already own). The timbre and staging is different and the Auteur is more resolving, but in terms of frequency response, think HD650 but with sub-bass kick :)

Here is a comparison measurement from ZMF
Thanks for this. Honestly, the HP I listen to most at home is my Atticus but very interested to hear how both the Senn 650 and 800S perform with the GOTL

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #29,453 of 39,998

Congrats, jmac. Lots to be excited about. :)
GOTL is such a transparent and dynamic amp that you never loose the enthusiasm for listening. Had mine about 2 years.
Since the amp sounds good with so many tube combinations, from inexpensive to ultra expensive, plenty of time and tubes to explore.
Definitely worth the wait!

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #29,454 of 39,998
Thanks for this. Honestly, the HP I listen to most at home is my Atticus but very interested to hear how both the Senn 650 and 800S perform with the GOTL

Congrats. It's exciting when your build is nearing completion. More exciting when you get the OTL amp because your 3 headphones are a natural fit with it. I had Atticus and Eikon with GOTL for a year. I have a modified HD650 and HD800 - not the S. Prior to the arrival of Verite, my favourite headphone with the GOTL is the HD800 - no modding. LCD-3f is a close second favourite.

Verite with GOTL is an incredible pairing. That's what others have proclaimed in this thread. Naturally I was curious to find out for myself. I was on the verge of getting a Utopia but decided that I have to try Verite. Now that I have it for 11 days, the pairing is absolutely wonderful. I can see it becoming my clear favourite with GOTL.

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #29,455 of 39,998
GOTL is such a transparent and dynamic amp that you never loose the enthusiasm for listening. Had mine about 2 years.

I think you'll still be saying that after you get GEL3N. Even with the arrival of Studio Six, I still find the GOTL an incredible sounding amp. It's that good. There's a sweetness and bite to the tone. Mine's coming up to 2 years in Dec.

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #29,456 of 39,998
Congrats. It's exciting when your build is nearing completion. More exciting when you get the OTL amp because your 3 headphones are a natural fit with it. I had Atticus and Eikon with GOTL for a year. I have a modified HD650 and HD800 - not the S. Prior to the arrival of Verite, my favourite headphone with the GOTL is the HD800 - no modding. LCD-3f is a close second favourite.

Verite with GOTL is an incredible pairing. That's what others have proclaimed in this thread. Naturally I was curious to find out for myself. I was on the verge of getting a Utopia but decided that I have to try Verite. Now that I have it for 11 days, the pairing is absolutely wonderful. I can see it becoming my clear favourite with GOTL.
The Verite (open or closed) is at the top of my list! I believe Zach has a GOTL in his shop so hopefully I can set up some time to sample both.

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #29,457 of 39,998
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #29,458 of 39,998
You should try to make it to the ZMF Festivus.
Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to try to make it. Still need to sort out a few family scheduling items.

I was not happy to miss last year given I live so close.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #29,460 of 39,998
From amps to tubes to dacs to headphones to ...... it's racks time. Show me your head-fi racks. :)

I'm getting this today for my home away from home to house Yggdrasil, GOTL, Studio Six and Sansui au alpha 907mr or Sansui au-717. There's only room for one solid state amp. Top shelf can take up to 40kgs. The other shelves 30kgs.

Gecko rack.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back