2359glenn | studio
Mar 28, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #25,636 of 39,986
Really? I should let mine go as I only look at it and admire it. Done no more than 30 hours. :)

Yes, when I looked under completed auctions, that is what the last two pair sold for.

I do not use mine much either, basically on special occasions...I am keeping them though because I much enjoy my small amount of time with them.
I feel like I am treating myself to great pleasures when I listen to them.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #25,637 of 39,986

For me it’s guilty pleasures :)

On another subject my Audeze LCD 3 should be arriving next week. It’s less than one year old and the owner isn’t sure if it’s fazor or non fazor as the manufacture date is Sept 2015.

So with the serial number and date I wrote to Audeze.....

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #25,638 of 39,986
If it has sharp ridges that you can feel with your fingers inside the baffle its a fazor.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #25,639 of 39,986
Audeze reply...

Thanks for your inquiry. Any LCD-3s with serial number starting with 27 or higher should have Fazors. Any starting with 26 will be a pre-Fazor model unless the drivers were serviced after the beginning of Fazor production, which began in January 2014.

The best way to check for sure is to feel for the Fazors inside the earcup: if you feel a flat metal stator plate with openings in it under the mesh, your headphones have no Fazors; if you feel the tips of triangles, those are the Fazors themselves.

As my LCD3 serial number is 282..... it is definitely a fazor version. Which is ok as my LCD-2f is fazor.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #25,641 of 39,986
Looks like you’re an Audeze man ! :)
I was until I discovered ZMF.
I do miss that prodigious sub bass extension but the HD250 gives me that for much less cash plus better highs
If I listened to a lot of trance I'd still prolly have an Audeze, but the mids are more important to me and Audeze cannot compete with ZMF in that regard, though I've yet to hear an LCD 4

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #25,642 of 39,986
I want to listen to Mighty Sam McClain ‘Give it up to love’ on this headphone.

It’s my first audiophile CD from the JVC label. Had it for 30 years!!! It’s somewhere have to search for it.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #25,643 of 39,986
For me it’s guilty pleasures :)

On another subject my Audeze LCD 3 should be arriving next week. It’s less than one year old and the owner isn’t sure if it’s fazor or non fazor as the manufacture date is Sept 2015.

So with the serial number and date I wrote to Audeze.....

Congrats, it is a great headphone....I got the pre-fazor just because I did not want to give up any of the sub-bass and I have tilted my preferences slightly towards a little darker headphone, one with a tad of rolled off treble.

The mids are silky smooth, like milk chocolate, can listen for hours with no fatigue.

I have never heard the fazor, but I would not think that there would be a very huge difference between them.

Your OTL will drive them, no problem....I would guess that your vintage receivers would be a beautiful match for them. They are not as hard to drive as the ZMF Ori that I have and they sound great from all of my amps. the GEL3N will drive them in one tube mode and the GS-X mk2 will drive them at low gain, but I usually do not use that.

A pair of 6AS7G tubes drives them nice in the OTL. Since you already own the LCD 2 , I would imagine you will like the LCD 3.
I have never heard the LCD 2, but would like too.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #25,644 of 39,986
I want to listen to Mighty Sam McClain ‘Give it up to love’ on this headphone.

It’s my first audiophile CD from the JVC label. Had it for 30 years!!! It’s somewhere have to search for it.

"Mighty" Sam McClain will sound great.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #25,645 of 39,986
Mar 28, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #25,646 of 39,986
Yes, when I looked under completed auctions, that is what the last two pair sold for.

I do not use mine much either, basically on special occasions...I am keeping them though because I much enjoy my small amount of time with them.
Tubes are consumables.........

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #25,647 of 39,986
I respect not wanting to use up a vintage tube,but if I buy em,im using them :)

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #25,649 of 39,986
I was until I discovered ZMF.
I do miss that prodigious sub bass extension but the HD250 gives me that for much less cash plus better highs
If I listened to a lot of trance I'd still prolly have an Audeze, but the mids are more important to me and Audeze cannot compete with ZMF in that regard, though I've yet to hear an LCD 4
I am taking note of this. I will give Mehrbach a couple more years to improve. :)

Ready For The Times To Get Better

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #25,650 of 39,986
How about these GEC tubes - $50/pair shipped (or best offer):
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1MP-CV6-DE...m2f2baa99f5:g:HccAAOSwHDJcUslX&frcectupt=true
The seller seems to have a boat full of these....
Yup, make sure you keep that box too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back