[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 16, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #782 of 7,442
  Hi fleasbaby,  do you have the 1st edition or the revision 2.0   I was wondering if the only difference is the cable?

hhh I dunno about that ^^ Ear Buds an my ears don't get along well though if these are built well I might just have them for a dozen or so years

Ah! Well, yes, if fit is an issue, we shall see. It seems most don't have a problem with fit, but there are the odd few here and there who battle...here's hoping!

Lee from VE claims the Zen 2.0 is much better than the 1.0 version.  Makes me wonder if it really is..

I have the 1.0, balanced for my Pono player. The 2.0, balanced as well, is winging its way to me right now. I am looking forward to seeing the differences myself as well. Reports so far are positive. Its hard to think something as good as the 1.0 can be bested, but I have faith in @zhibli06

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #784 of 7,442
i have an Ultrasone extension cable....added it onto the MONK...and onto the nfb10...

it is like mating the hd600 to the hd650.... 

richhh...balanced....clear.....smooth....space....depth.....height......extention....

...cant locate my V-Moda extension cable...
this has a thin spacious sharper tone..hmmmm. :p

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #786 of 7,442
My monk left China on 12/11 and arrived in New York today.  Hopefully that means they'll arrive at my house in the next few days!

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #787 of 7,442
  My monk left China on 12/11 and arrived in New York today.  Hopefully that means they'll arrive at my house in the next few days!

oh nice! I just paid for mine, a whopping $8! Here's to hoping it's the best $8 I've ever spent 

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #788 of 7,442

Got the Zen v2.0 black edition today. I am a bit shocked how good they are oit of the box. I am actually tryimg to find something bad about them. Thr cable is pure eye candy but does have some microphonics. Shirtclip fixed that easily.

What i can say is that Monks are incredible for the price. You can really tell that the Monk is Zen's little brother. They share the same sonic character, it's just that zen is bigger, broader, plays deeper, invites you into the music more.

Well done VE, well done indeed...

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #790 of 7,442

Got the Zen v2.0 black edition today. I am a bit shocked how good they are oit of the box. I am actually tryimg to find something bad about them. Thr cable is pure eye candy but does have some microphonics. Shirtclip fixed that easily.

What i can say is that Monks are incredible for the price. You can really tell that the Monk is Zen's little brother. They share the same sonic character, it's just that zen is bigger, broader, plays deeper, invites you into the music more.

Well done VE, well done indeed...

How long is the cable ? :)

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #793 of 7,442
I'm gonna give these a try too! Don't have any other earbuds to compare though.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #795 of 7,442
I'm gonna give these a try too! Don't have any other earbuds to compare though.

haha, like wise I don't have an earBud to compare it to either! But I've got a pair of beats to compare it to, that'll be a fun one xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back