[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 6, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,126 of 7,442
Jan 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #1,130 of 7,442
  I don't understand.
Ever one is saying monks are great but i don't see it.
They are good for a 5$ earbuds but i found nothing special about them. Am i missing something?

i gave a pair to a friend with an iphone, he played a song downloaded from Itune...
i gave it a listen, aint great. 

But when i let him listen to my lossless Wav on my SamsungNote, 
he went WoooWWWW

======

i could enjoy this pc of Wav music with good clarity n dynamism on the Monk off my Note fone.
( this vid is a youtube sample)

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #1,132 of 7,442
I don't understand.
Ever one is saying monks are great but i don't see it.
They are good for a 5$ earbuds but i found nothing special about them. Am i missing something?

What are you used to? Earbuds are interesting. They are like open back headphones. My metaphor is if the hd800 is a 4K photo then earbuds are Instagram photos. Really cool photos but not perfectly clear. Earbuds are for enjoyment. For the fun.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #1,133 of 7,442
Well guys I think I've fallen in love !!

The Monks arrived and I just don't know how Lee does it, but for $5 they are an absolute steal

This is straight outta the packet. How Apple managed to do such a poor job with their originals is beyond me.

But as of now I'm a raging fan-boy of VE, no question about it.

Lee you are a legend! :headphones: :sunglasses: :beers:

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #1,134 of 7,442
From lee from facebook:
Hey Guys , as promised the monk is back on sale via AE, you can visit AE store by access "ae.52ve.cn" and you will see a 500usd listing , in there , there is a color of "in stock" on the right side of the "red, out of stock color", it has 100 units listed, since we don't have that many to sell, we won't be adjusting more orders' prices once the stock of "in stock-color"
is down to zero, unlike before you can get your price adjusted as long as u have ordered when it is 15usd. once again I will say, AE does not yet has best system in the world, but I still have some faith in it lol.

OF course, Those WHO wanna ORDER Via PAYPAL directly can just email me at geargeeksp@qq.com (this is not my paypal account...btw) for payment amount and details

BTW, ePacket and HK post and China post For Japan has been great , I monitored a lot of the packages , they have all been delivered within 1-2 weeks since departure! (well some time hk post take a bit more for far-away countries)

Also it is ok even if u can't get any in this batch, we have a lot more coming later this month, and once they come, we will list them as 5usd like before and those who wanna fast shipping like hk post and ePacket or China Post can still place their order and wait for their prices to be adjusted, I hope AE will learn from their mistakes in the past and move on to be something truly great like taobao and their AE shipping can take their best more seriously and be as fast as they have promised, I have just recently noticed that we had such slow shipping to RU via AE shipping , not because how slow their international shipping were, but rather the package stocked in China more than 40 days before it actually reached the post office in our nearby city....I was like What!

So this time, I will give people the option of choosing different shipping solutions, and those who wanna try their luck can just order and get the default AE shipping! I hope I will shows u that we are a company that constantly trying to look out for the best interest of our fans, we do everything with our best intention!

Cheers

Lee

p.s. A late happy new year to you all

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #1,135 of 7,442
From lee from facebook:
Hey Guys , as promised the monk is back on sale via AE, you can visit AE store by access "ae.52ve.cn" and you will see a 500usd listing , in there , there is a color of "in stock" on the right side of the "red, out of stock color", it has 100 units listed, since we don't have that many to sell, we won't be adjusting more orders' prices once the stock of "in stock-color"
is down to zero, unlike before you can get your price adjusted as long as u have ordered when it is 15usd. once again I will say, AE does not yet has best system in the world, but I still have some faith in it lol.

OF course, Those WHO wanna ORDER Via PAYPAL directly can just email me at geargeeksp@qq.com (this is not my paypal account...btw) for payment amount and details

BTW, ePacket and HK post and China post For Japan has been great , I monitored a lot of the packages , they have all been delivered within 1-2 weeks since departure! (well some time hk post take a bit more for far-away countries)

Also it is ok even if u can't get any in this batch, we have a lot more coming later this month, and once they come, we will list them as 5usd like before and those who wanna fast shipping like hk post and ePacket or China Post can still place their order and wait for their prices to be adjusted, I hope AE will learn from their mistakes in the past and move on to be something truly great like taobao and their AE shipping can take their best more seriously and be as fast as they have promised, I have just recently noticed that we had such slow shipping to RU via AE shipping , not because how slow their international shipping were, but rather the package stocked in China more than 40 days before it actually reached the post office in our nearby city....I was like What!

So this time, I will give people the option of choosing different shipping solutions, and those who wanna try their luck can just order and get the default AE shipping! I hope I will shows u that we are a company that constantly trying to look out for the best interest of our fans, we do everything with our best intention!

Cheers

Lee

Thanks for the notice! Just sent him an email for some Monks!!

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #1,136 of 7,442
Jan 6, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #1,137 of 7,442
Well, just got them in, and took a quick listen.  For earbuds, they have a respectable amount of bass, seeming quite up to the task for a band like How To Destroy Angels!  I'll give them a real listen later.

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #1,139 of 7,442
From lee from facebook:

Cheers

Lee

I am in Hong Kong, can one just buy one at a store here?

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,140 of 7,442
i gave a pair to a friend with an iphone, he played a song downloaded from Itune...
i gave it a listen, aint great. 

But when i let him listen to my lossless Wav on my SamsungNote, 
he went WoooWWWW

======

i could enjoy this pc of Wav music with good clarity n dynamism on the Monk off my Note fone.
( this vid is a youtube sample)

is it wav that has better quality? between wav and flac which has more detail? isnt bit rate is all that matters for resolution like kbps. isnt 1000 kbps on wav is same as 1000 kbps on flac ? isnt kbps all that matters for resolution? oudio is not photo so i dont want to compare pixes cause pixels also have colour in it. not sure if there is any of that is it? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back