[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 5, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #1,111 of 7,442
This awesome thread deserve one of the most gorgeous and trippy MV ever made:

Alez says:
 also, you have great taste in music 
wink.gif

It was nothing! I'm always in search of good things, Alez.
Good music, good films, good games etcetera...
Probably, I'm an hedonist.

My desire of nice and good things, probably, will never stop.
It's a correct, but an hard road to follow.
Sometimes, when nothing satisfy me, I wonder if I'm too much pretentious.
Something, in that moment, is there to contradict me.
And, now, I'm here giggling to something good.

My life has this loop, but it's a nice one.

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #1,112 of 7,442
I would love a step by step tutorial to how to mod the VE Monks with a new cable (what goes where and so on) and be a happy little Swede. Those modified Monks posted earlier were gorgeous and I am a sucker for estethics...

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #1,113 of 7,442
Seems my Monks have arrived in KC, here's hoping they make it out in today's mail :)  I'm quite curious to see how they sound, would love a new pair of buds for work, as I'm not willing to bring my XMAS present with me

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #1,114 of 7,442
I forsook the yammie for 3weeksss....
Squeezing out of the Monk every sonic possibilities
From leftbehindwires in my drawers.

Satisfied. I went back to the yammie :wink:

Now go do likewise :p

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #1,115 of 7,442
Royal Mail just emailed me to say my Monks will be here today!!!! :sunglasses: :headphones:

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #1,116 of 7,442
  I bought 50 of them on ebay for like 0.99$, they're fine, and quite thin (very thin, actually) and they fit the monk perfectly (+ you get quite a bit of spare ones if you lose them :>!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50Pcs-Black-Soft-16mm-Replacement-Ear-Pad-Bud-Foam-Earbud-Cover-For-Earphones-/151646240125?hash=item234ed1fd7d:g:mZAAAOSwrklVKLO8

EDIT: tested naked and with these thin foams, and it's a bit more boomy, spacious with them, they sortof open up with them on, I'll keep on using them this way!

Thank you! 

I may try those. I am curious if anyone knows of any donuts that are tigher that the ones provided and thinner? @golov17 ?

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,118 of 7,442

I'm creating a monster here... And no, they are not Monks (do you think I'm stupid enough to experiment with them) they are pure crap Teclast buds. With earhoox and earguide+gardenwire they sit glued in my ears. Thinking about shrinkwrapping and using Sugru on them too...

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,125 of 7,442
@Norba Thanks for the link.

Looking at it, I'll probably find different use for those $5 for now. Maybe in a few weeks/months.
In these parts $5 can buy food for 2 days, and I have no use for earbuds right now.
Not to say they are bad or anything. Just not the right time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back