[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Oct 11, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #31 of 7,442
@golov17: I posted this in the main VE thread, but I think it bears repeating here. My son also feel in love with Monk. I gave him Monk plus a high-end IEM. My son is a trained musician, playing piano and trombone in classical and jazz ensembles for many years. He said Monk sounded so much more natural to him - like when he was playing in a small jazz club. While I didn't agree with him that Monk were technically better than the high-end IEM, there's no way in hell I'd purchase the high-end IEM - BUT I'd certainly buy Monk. Much, much better price to performance ratio!!!

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #32 of 7,442

earhoox is a good option, and it works for quite a few people. I personally run it commando or with doughnut foam :p

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-middle-empty-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs.html
http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs-1714.html

These just look like the red stockings that come with the Monk...

Oct 11, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #36 of 7,442
  LOLZ!!!

BTW, perhaps I'll start an Asura thread to complete the VE Earbud Trinity. Asura deserves attention, too!

Most definitely! 

Write an adventure story for them like I did! xD

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #41 of 7,442
Please reserve one for me, can only get one by Thursday lol

Anyone a comparison against MP8320, KZ ED9 or Havi B3p1? Some of the better budget killers imho. Also had the Earbell e100 but the fit was horrible :frowning2:

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #42 of 7,442
Please reserve one for me, can only get one by Thursday lol

Anyone a comparison against MP8320, KZ ED9 or Havi B3p1? Some of the better budget killers imho. Also had the Earbell e100 but the fit was horrible :frowning2:

Huh? Reserve a Monk?

And just my two cents, but it's not easy to compare earbuds with IEM. They're different animals due to IEM being sealed. Better to compare earbuds with headphones IMO.

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #43 of 7,442
Huh? Reserve a Monk?

And just my two cents, but it's not easy to compare earbuds with IEM. They're different animals due to IEM being sealed. Better to compare earbuds with headphones IMO.

+1, I wholeheartedly agree :wink:

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #44 of 7,442
Huh? Reserve a Monk?

I mean that you all shouldnt buy all the Monks that are available
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back