[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Oct 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #47 of 7,442
  Just ordered myself a pair off aliexpress. Any ideas on how long it usually takes to get to the UK? Excited to try my first not-awful earbud!

My record delivery time for earphones off Aliexpress to the U.K is 8 days but more usual is 4 - 6 weeks, I hope you have lots of patience.
I ordered a pair of monk about 4 days ago by the time they get here this thread will be dead and buried and everyone will have moved on to the next new bright thing.

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #48 of 7,442
Huh? Reserve a Monk?

And just my two cents, but it's not easy to compare earbuds with IEM. They're different animals due to IEM being sealed. Better to compare earbuds with headphones IMO.

+1, I wholeheartedly agree 
wink.gif

My feelings exactly!

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #49 of 7,442

My record delivery time for earphones off Aliexpress to the U.K is 8 days but more usual is 4 - 6 weeks, I hope you have lots of patience.
I ordered a pair of monk about 4 days ago by the time they get here this thread will be dead and buried and everyone will have moved on to the next new bright thing.

Damn that sucks. I'm so used to amazon prime one day delivery lol. At least they were only a fiver. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #53 of 7,442
Huh? Reserve a Monk?

And just my two cents, but it's not easy to compare earbuds with IEM. They're different animals due to IEM being sealed. Better to compare earbuds with headphones IMO.

And on sound signature level? Is it bright, dark , flat, natural... Like the Havi is flat, the MP8320 bright and the KZ ED9 warm :)

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #54 of 7,442
And on sound signature level? Is it bright, dark , flat, natural... Like the Havi is flat, the MP8320 bright and the KZ ED9 warm
smily_headphones1.gif

You can read my review for more detail.
Between Havi and ED9. Not as warm as ED9, also not as analytical as Havi B3P1. Texture wise a little more grainy than both Havi B3P1 and ED9, but to be honest, the grain is actually nice, make it sounds clearer.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #58 of 7,442
Back in the hotel rocking the Monk from the SHOZY Lancea, sounds pretty good.

Perfect alternative to full sized cans when travelling :)

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #59 of 7,442
I posted in another thread that I was using Zen to test a desktop amp. A ver helpful member (#sarcasm) informed me that I shouldn't be using mere earbuds to test desktop gear. I explained that Zen were no mere earbuds and compare well with and outperform many full size cans. I was kindly informed that comparing earbuds with full size cans was taboo on headfi.

Watch your back Peter!

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #60 of 7,442
I posted in another thread that I was using Zen to test a desktop amp. A ver helpful member (#sarcasm) informed me that I shouldn't be using mere earbuds to test desktop gear. I explained that Zen were no mere earbuds and compare well with and outperform many full size cans. I was kindly informed that comparing earbuds with full size cans was taboo on headfi.

Watch your back Peter!

Hence why I thought creating this thread would be suicide for me. It was a risk I had to take. Still feels crazy to me! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back