[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 4, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #2,027 of 7,442
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rubber-ring-of-headphones-15mm-16mm-for-MX980-MX985-OMX985-MX880/32319879870.html

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2,028 of 7,442

Monk loves some class A amplification 
cool.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #2,030 of 7,442

I was wondering silicone donuts were a thing. Glad they are because I have to really wrestle with the Monk to get them in my ear and the foamies always getting dislodged.

I use rubber rings AND foam donuts on my Zen 2.0 black and Asura 2.0.The rubber keeps the foam in the right position. I use full foam on my Monks though.

Nice Idea, i will try this trick today and will let you know the result :)

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #2,034 of 7,442
better clarity without sacrificing the basss....
and the foam stays in place, unlike the donut.

now what u do is to heat up a whateverUcanfind, and start punching those holes. :p

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #2,036 of 7,442

Hi everyone!

Another ve fanboy here. Monks blow me away everyday. I also own hd600, he 400s and inear stagediver sd2, but the monks tick all of my boxes, so I don´t have the need to use the other cans.
So now I am about to pull the trigger on the fiio x7, because I want to give the monks the best source possible. And when lee is using the x7 himself, it can´t be too bad.....  :) 

I got my Monks today and did 10 hours of burn-in with pink noise and have done some listening. While I think they are definitely much nicer than the price tag would lead you to expect, I cannot fathom preferring them over the HD600 or HE-400S. May I ask what source and amp you're using? With my Bifrost Multibit and Valhalla 2, there is no contest that the HD600 isn't just in another league from the Monks, but it's playing an entirely different sport. I'm not saying this to knock the Monks, as they're nice for what they are and are great for on the go.

If most of your listening is from a portable device, then I could understand not preferring the more power-hungry open backed cans.

I will say thought that I'm not a big in-ear person (I plan on listening to some monitors at CanJam and see if any click with me), so the Monk is certainly great for grabbing and throwing on when I go to walk the dog or run to the corner store.

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #2,037 of 7,442
Was just going through the first few opening pages of this thread. Wow what a reminiscent trip that was. The Monk are truly spectacular and deserve all the hype they still get. I'm glad they still sell like crazy.

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2,038 of 7,442
Man, I have a pair of Rhapsodio RTi1, InEar StageDiver SD, but yet what's getting used most nowadays are my VE Monks.I think that in itself is a huge testament to their ability. Their signature is just so smooth and relaxing, it just find myself smiling everytime I listen to it. The other two are detailed, clear and all, a definite cut above, but they lack a certain appeal that the VE Monks have. Is there a high end IEM that has a similar yet improved version of the VE Monks?

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #2,040 of 7,442
  Man, I have a pair of Rhapsodio RTi1, InEar StageDiver SD, but yet what's getting used most nowadays are my VE Monks.I think that in itself is a huge testament to their ability. Their signature is just so smooth and relaxing, it just find myself smiling everytime I listen to it. The other two are detailed, clear and all, a definite cut above, but they lack a certain appeal that the VE Monks have. Is there a high end IEM that has a similar yet improved version of the VE Monks?

Try the Fidue A65.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back