[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 4, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #2,011 of 7,442

I have ordered the first one, it's on the way, but i luved the ones which you are having
biggrin.gif

buy mx585 :joy:

yes i am going to order MX585, that's the last resort

how is the SQ of MX585 compare to Monk ?

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #2,012 of 7,442

So golov, what´s your opinion on the x7 in combination with the monks, so far? Is it worth spending a few bucks?

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #2,015 of 7,442
I´m also thinking about asking lee for some balanced monks, as soon as the balanced amp module for the x7 is out. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #2,021 of 7,442
I do like the donut foams but it just wont stay in place. I use Monks on my daily commute on train so frequent pulls happen. I have used the donuts for a week but I just looked like having an itchy ear trying to adjust the foams everytime. :)

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #2,022 of 7,442

So golov, what´s your opinion on the x7 in combination with the monks, so far? Is it worth spending a few bucks?

That was my rig he posted :) I went from Fiio X5 gen1 to Fiio X7 and it is a pretty darn big upgrade. Soundstage is massive and all the VE buds seem to play excellent from the X7. I don´t know what it is about the Monks but I feel they scales exceptionally well with gear.

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #2,023 of 7,442
I do like the donut foams but it just wont stay in place. I use Monks on my daily commute on train so frequent pulls happen. I have used the donuts for a week but I just looked like having an itchy ear trying to adjust the foams everytime.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, right. That´s a big minus with the donuts.

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #2,024 of 7,442
  I was wondering silicone donuts were a thing. Glad they are because I have to really wrestle with the Monk to get them in my ear and the foamies always getting dislodged.

I use rubber rings AND foam donuts on my Zen 2.0 black and Asura 2.0.The rubber keeps the foam in the right position. I use full foam on my Monks though.

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #2,025 of 7,442
  That was my rig he posted :) I went from Fiio X5 gen1 to Fiio X7 and it is a pretty darn big upgrade. Soundstage is massive and all the VE buds seem to play excellent from the X7. I don´t know what it is about the Monks but I feel they scales exceptionally well with gear.

Hi there!
Thanks for sharing. X7 will arrive tomorrow. Oh man, can´t wait. What also impressed me was the post from lee´s buddy kk on the chinese forum, in which he compared players like qls qa 360, cayin n5, and eshter m1 with the x7, saying he preferred it to all the others. The x7 must really be something special. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back