2021-03-16| Xiaomi Redmi AirDots 3 $42.99
Nov 20, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #677 of 2,161
It's a quirk of human psychology that I haven't found the name for yet. I have that same impulse, when I saw the ZS6 code for $19.99, my first thought was "Man, I'd be ticked off if I used that $24.99 code a couple of days ago." I don't know the exact psychology behind it but it is related to the same thing that makes you mad when you buy something at what seems like a good price, then find out the person that sold it to you got it for almost nothing.
I bought mine at $27. The code price has dipped below $20 on at least one occasion. I don't have low-price bragging rights, but at least I have an outstanding pair of earphones at a decent discount that I have been enjoying for weeks, instead of waiting for the absolute lowest price.

I understand the thrill of getting something at that rock bottom price. I was there too. After a while, I decided to enjoy the product for what it is, rather than what I paid for it.

That being said, I will almost never pay full price for something, you can call me a hypocrite lol. That shoe fits :ksc75smile:.

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #678 of 2,161
I bought mine at $27. The code price has dipped below $20 on at least one occasion. I don't have low-price bragging rights, but at least I have an outstanding pair of earphones at a decent discount that I have been enjoying for weeks, instead of waiting for the absolute lowest price.

I understand the thrill of getting something at that rock bottom price. I was there too. After a while, I decided to enjoy the product for what it is, rather than what I paid for it.

That being said, I will almost never pay full price for something, you can call me a hypocrite lol. That shoe fits :ksc75smile:.
I think it's worth $27.00, I mean, it's STILL metal bodied, quad driver iem with removable cables, for under $30.00 that punches above it's weight...nothing to feel bad about. I kinda did the same thing with a ZS3...the sale price was $7.99, that seemed like a good deal, I knew it would drop down to $3.99 or something if I timed it properly, but it was easier to just get it at the same time as my ZS5 for $12.99. I could have gotten a better deal, but that deal was a good one, and I am getting them in the next few days, instead of them still being outbound and flying over the Pacific somewhere on the Wrong Side of the International date line.

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #679 of 2,161
I finally let curiosity take over and checked the tracking on my orders. I wound up making three separate purchases. I made my first and largest transaction on 11/10...as of earlier today it was in Los Angeles, which is in shipping terms a day or two away... I've gotten things from there in 7 hours and I have seen it take 6 days....I'm hoping before the weekend I have a ZS5 (gray, no mic), a ZS3, New Bee foams/silicone pack, KZ foams. (about $24.00 with shipping.)

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #681 of 2,161
I finally let curiosity take over and checked the tracking on my orders. I wound up making three separate purchases. I made my first and largest transaction on 11/10...as of earlier today it was in Los Angeles, which is in shipping terms a day or two away... I've gotten things from there in 7 hours and I have seen it take 6 days....I'm hoping before the weekend I have a ZS5 (gray, no mic), a ZS3, New Bee foams/silicone pack, KZ foams. (about $24.00 with shipping.)
"The waiting is the hardest part" - Tom Petty

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #682 of 2,161
"The waiting is the hardest part" - Tom Petty
sooo, you're saying Tom Petty will sound good on this set up? Help me out? they aren't here yet, why not? They could have been here, if they had really tried...am I not good enough? ....

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #683 of 2,161
sooo, you're saying Tom Petty will sound good on this set up? Help me out? they aren't here yet, why not? They could have been here, if they had really tried...am I not good enough? ....
I'm fine.

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #684 of 2,161

I think it's worth $27.00, I mean, it's STILL metal bodied, quad driver iem with removable cables, for under $30.00 that punches above it's weight...nothing to feel bad about. I kinda did the same thing with a ZS3...the sale price was $7.99, that seemed like a good deal, I knew it would drop down to $3.99 or something if I timed it properly, but it was easier to just get it at the same time as my ZS5 for $12.99. I could have gotten a better deal, but that deal was a good one, and I am getting them in the next few days, instead of them still being outbound and flying over the Pacific somewhere on the Wrong Side of the International date line.

I usually wait for the "lowest" deal when I'm picking up a backup/spare pair of something I already own. That way, I'm in no rush - I can wait for the right time to strike, and take the free "slow boat" shipping and not worry about it.

But if it's something newly released, or that I need quickly, I opt for the "whatever it is right now" price.

I figure it all evens out in the end. For example, I think I paid $37 for the ZS6 when 1st released. But I just got a backup pair for myself + a pair for a gift @ $19.99 each. So in effect, I really paid ~$25 each on average - a very respectable price.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #687 of 2,161
I usually wait for the "lowest" deal when I'm picking up a backup/spare pair of something I already own. That way, I'm in no rush - I can wait for the right time to strike, and take the free "slow boat" shipping and not worry about it.

But if it's something newly released, or that I need quickly, I opt for the "whatever it is right now" price.

I figure it all evens out in the end. For example, I think I paid $37 for the ZS6 when 1st released. But I just got a backup pair for myself + a pair for a gift @ $19.99 each. So in effect, I really paid ~$25 each on average - a very respectable price.
I like to employ a similar kind math. I went into 11/11 having an idea of what I wanted in terms of IEMs I and how much I was willing to spend. I got 3 IEMs with relatively distinct sound signatures: ZS5, ZS3 and ES3. I also got 3 different kinds of foam tips to try out, and one additional set of silicone on top of the three stock sets) I also got a bluetooth module. It all averages out to about $15.00 each.
I think the only thing I am missing is a snazzy upgrade cable with the shiny wires to make me look like a Pro, and some kind of cool cases to keep them in once I get straight which tips/cables/bluetooth etc I like with which headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #688 of 2,161
I like to employ a similar kind math. I went into 11/11 having an idea of what I wanted in terms of IEMs I and how much I was willing to spend. I got 3 IEMs with relatively distinct sound signatures: ZS5, ZS3 and ES3. I also got 3 different kinds of foam tips to try out, and one additional set of silicone on top of the three stock sets) I also got a bluetooth module. It all averages out to about $15.00 each.
I think the only thing I am missing is a snazzy upgrade cable with the shiny wires to make me look like a Pro, and some kind of cool cases to keep them in once I get straight which tips/cables/bluetooth etc I like with which headphones.

This is the case I like using with the ZS5 and ZS6. Especially with the memory wires, they are so bulky that they work in this case as opposed to all of my other ones. With this case, I can lay them in without disturbing the memory wires (ie mangling them all of our shape). That way, they are ready to go for next time.

The foam can also be used for mods.

https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_605419.html

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #689 of 2,161
This is the case I like using with the ZS5 and ZS6. Especially with the memory wires, they are so bulky that they work in this case as opposed to all of my other ones. With this case, I can lay them in without disturbing the memory wires (ie mangling them all of our shape). That way, they are ready to go for next time.

yeah, I meant to get that one, I kept forgetting to search for it when time to order came

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #690 of 2,161

I just ordered that case, along with the two different types of KZ zippered cases. ZS6 will end up in the hardshell, or whatever my daily driver IEM is at the time. Got the ZS5/6 silver cable, Thank you George for the code on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back