2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016--Royal Oak, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #76 of 145
  Would like to attend, this would be my first.  I can bring some gear I don't currently see on your list.  Should I bring a source, like a laptop?  Like I said totally new to this, although it sounds like a blast.

Headphones:
AKG K812
Focal Elear
Hifiman he 560
Sennheiser HD700
Audioquest Nighthawks
Audeze EL8C

Amp: Schiit Jotenheim

Awesome, I've been looking forward to trying the Jot and the Elear. Yes a laptop would be a good source.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #77 of 145
OK, trying to finalize plans.  Looking forward to hearing some of the other gear myself.  Really want to compare Bifrost 4490 with MB.  I have the 4490 and thinking of upgrade to multibit.

Oct 18, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #78 of 145
Awesome, I've been looking forward to trying the Jot and the Elear. Yes a laptop would be a good source.

Ditto on the request for the Elear. It's at the top of my "Want to try" at the moment.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #79 of 145
Hey guys, saw this post on the front page. I'm from Lincoln Park and have never been to a meet before. This is the first year I've owned an amp and a decent set of cans but I'm interested in attending one of these to meet some new people.
How exactly do these meets work? My audio source is basically my desktop computer which would be a hassle to bring anywhere. Could I just bring my amp and all of my headphones and such?

Definitely interested in attending if I've got nothing else going on that day.

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #80 of 145
I'm guessing that these basic rules apply to this meet. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/132721/head-fi-meet-etiquette-faq-please-review-revise-correct-amend

George

Oct 18, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #81 of 145
I'm going to just copy rules overfrom the last meetup.

1. John will contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number the week before the Meet, and will respond with the venue details.
2. At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo ID will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet.
3. You should bring an extension cord or power strip if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup). Don't forget to bring your source as well as amplification.
4. Please be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.
6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all trash in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.
7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.
8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your $10k amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea.
9. You must wear the name tag at all times.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #82 of 145
How exactly do these meets work? My audio source is basically my desktop computer which would be a hassle to bring anywhere. Could I just bring my amp and all of my headphones and such

I would bring a source. We have plenty of folks that bring their desktop PCs if that's their source. Otherwise, it will be a little tricky to give your gear a listen. Some people will bring DAPs but they're not common. I suppose one could use a phone if they have the proper connections... it gets tricky.

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #83 of 145
OK, trying to finalize plans.  Looking forward to hearing some of the other gear myself.  Really want to compare Bifrost 4490 with MB.  I have the 4490 and thinking of upgrade to multibit.

I will have my Bifrost MB for you to try.

Oct 20, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #84 of 145
  I'm going to do my best to make it, will confirm when closer.  Will ofcourse bring full line-up, including Atticus and Eikon if I make it.

Can someone please do an impression of the Eikon with full orchestra music as well as maybe jazz with a heavy bass line? I'm coming over from the Atticus/Eikon thread and Zach has mentioned he'll be taking it to this meet. Would love to hear some impressions from someone who has a hybrid tube or otl tube amp or any amp for that matter but someone who listens to a lot of the two genres.

Thanks in advance!

@ruthieandjohn -- will you be attending?

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #85 of 145
OK, looks like I am a go for next weekend.  Should be there around noon.  Will bring the equipment and phones I listed earlier.  Really looking forward to it.  Is it still at location listed earlier, same times?

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #87 of 145
I lost my phone, which has my caledar in it and thus my life, and woke up this morning with a horrible feeling the meet happened yesterday.
Thank God, it was all just a bad dream. :p

I picked up a couple of tube amps on line to try to get into tubing, but I still don't know too much about them. One is, I believe a Dynaco Mark 4 and i have n o idea about t he other. I might bring them to see if i can find out anything about them.

Looking forward to next week.!

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #90 of 145
I hope to be able to attend for part of the time if it's not too late.

I could potentially bring:
beyer DT 1350 
RHA MA 750
Sound Blaster e5

if there's any interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back