2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016--Royal Oak, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #126 of 145
Wow, I just found out about this thread. I live in SE Michigan too and would love to attend a future meet.

Equipment I currently own are:  Chord Dave, Focal Utopia, LCD-4, Shure SE846.

Hi! Nice to have you join the group. I'll be starting the preliminaries for the next meet which will be in the spring sometime. Keep following the thread for details.

Nice collection of gear too!

John

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #127 of 145

Great news.  I was able to attend the last meet and really enjoyed it.  Already have a list of equipment I want to try.

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #129 of 145
I stumbled upon this amplifier while watching a show (read: anime) and I remembered a gentleman bringing in something that looks extremely similar to the meet. He was trying to find out what it is and who made it. Most of the gear shown in other scenes are all Japanese made so at least there's a lead here.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #130 of 145
  I stumbled upon this amplifier while watching a show (read: anime) and I remembered a gentleman bringing in something that looks extremely similar to the meet. He was trying to find out what it is and who made it. Most of the gear shown in other scenes are all Japanese made so at least there's a lead here.

Looks like this Luxman here (which is Japanese).  Only it's mirror imaged, probably to avoid copyright issues.

But if you were at the last meet, you're probably thinking of Frank's Allnic amp

Nevermind.  you were talking about the guy with the picture, trying to identify the amp.  It's not the same one though.  That anime screen is definitely the Luxman.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #131 of 145
Hey guys,

I keep missing these.  I hope to make the next one.  I have an etiquette question- Is it acceptable to sell some of my used gear at these things?  most of my stuff is portable, so you can try before you buy.  Here is a sample:

Schiit Modi
Schiit Sys2
Cowon Plenue D
Sony A17
Cowon M2
beyerdynamic DT990 (600ohm)
some kind of Muse AMP (maybe DAC) too?
Fiio E17
fiio x1

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.