2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016--Royal Oak, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #46 of 145
Hello everybody,

We are down to the one month countdown before our fall meet.  Just wanted to encourage everybody who is planning to attend to please let me know so that we can get an accurate head count.  I realize that it's still four weeks away, but we'd love to have all of you show up and bring your latest gear!  

Sounds like we got some good stuff coming already.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

John 

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #48 of 145
Hey John,

I plan on being there with an Eddie Current Studio amp (and possibly an Allnic HPA-5000, OTL amp), with Focal Utopia, HD-800, Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-X cans and some antiquated, overly large dinosaur of a tubed CD player and/or Bricasti M-1 DAC and transport.   I am hoping there is enough room for me as I am a fairly a late entry -- as of a couple weeks ago.

If there is not enough space, I certainly understand but will still be there but sans equipment.

Thanks for coordinating this.

Frank

TOPNut

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #51 of 145
Hey John,

I plan on being there with an Eddie Current Studio amp (and possibly an Allnic HPA-5000, OTL amp), with Focal Utopia, HD-800, Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-X cans and some antiquated, overly large dinosaur of a tubed CD player and/or Bricasti M-1 DAC and transport.   I am hoping there is enough room for me as I am a fairly a late entry -- as of a couple weeks ago.

If there is not enough space, I certainly understand but will still be there but sans equipment.

Thanks for coordinating this.

Frank

TOPNut

The room is bigger than what we had at Overture. You will be fine!!

Looking forward to hearing your set up as usual!

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #52 of 145
I'll be there. I'm moving to the Novi/Wixom area on the 14th so the drive will be much shorter than the meet earlier this year. :D

Great! Welcome to your new home. Converting from a Buckeye to a Wolverine. Still envious of your ALO portable tube amp. Lol

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #54 of 145
Really bummed that I cannot make this one but soccer coach duties outweigh the head-fi wants/needs.

I hope you all have a great time... meanwhile I am enjoying re-ripping my CD collection to FLAC while listening on my new PurpleHeart X00's while sipping on some Ardbeg. It is amazing to me how many 128 bit mp3's were in my collection. So much detail has been squandered...

Enjoy and we will see you in the spring.

Oh, and TopNut, I am sorry that I will miss your wares... I am truly in your debit for showing me how good the HD800's can be.

See you all soon,

Tim

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #56 of 145
I was really trying to resist the temptation because I hate driving, but the EC Studio and Utopia might be too hard to resist wanting to hear.

Plus I originally wanted show off the Torepedo III amp I built a few months ago but I recently sold it and my Gungnir MB to fund a move at the end of the year. We're moving back down south so I can go back to school full time for electrical engineering.

I'm now using a Chord Mojo with HD-650 and TH-X00 Purpleheart.

If I can make it I will bring those. It's a tough call though, my pregnant wife is due November 11, and the last thing I want is to get an early labor call while I'm stuck 2 1/2 hours away. :/

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #57 of 145
I was really trying to resist the temptation because I hate driving, but the EC Studio and Utopia might be too hard to resist wanting to hear.

Plus I originally wanted show off the Torepedo III amp I built a few months ago but I recently sold it and my Gungnir MB to fund a move at the end of the year. We're moving back down south so I can go back to school full time for electrical engineering.

I'm now using a Chord Mojo with HD-650 and TH-X00 Purpleheart.

If I can make it I will bring those. It's a tough call though, my pregnant wife is due November 11, and the last thing I want is to get an early labor call while I'm stuck 2 1/2 hours away. :/

I'm glad Comzee is enjoying the TorpIII, but I told him I was pissed that he bought it and I didn't get chance to hear the only one in Michigan. I hope you make it out. Also Congrats!

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #58 of 145
Made an account as I would love the opportunity to try some of this equipment.

There are so many great headphone options, I can't decide where to start, so I end up buying nothing...

As a location suggestion, perhaps the suburban showcase in Novi? they are always doing trade shows and the like, they might have a good side room that could act as a venue for a fair price, and it is right off of I96

Since I don't have any equipment to bring, I would be doubly willing to pay a small entrance fee.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #59 of 145
I'm going to do my best to make it, will confirm when closer.  Will ofcourse bring full line-up, including Atticus and Eikon if I make it.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back