2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 83
  What's up with that wedding theme @ Astell & Kern O_o??

It wasn't a wedding theme, the event was held in a wedding chapel inexplicably located inside this rather drab convention centre. Later, an award ceremony (the first of its kind from Headphone Book) was held in the same place. I think Aurisonics and Shure and FitEar, Sony, and Audio Technica, not to mention Sennheiser, ran away with a heavy bit of etched glass and a smile on their faces.

EDIT: forgot an 's' after 'face'. 

May 18, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 83
Great photo Currawong. Lots of lovely new gears, credit card is looking worried again.

Quote:
This time, the AK380 will be forever?

:p

Highly doubt, considering they stopped at 384Khz and DSD mean there a chance the future may hold AK720 or AK760 with 768Khz and Octo DSD playback. They kept doubling the price too, so it would be around 7-8K USD

May 18, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #26 of 83
This time, the AK380 will be forever?

:p

Japanese people are big on putting "wedding chapels" in odd places. There was one in the lobby of a hotel I stayed at a few months ago. They usually come complete with random white guy to administer vows in English, though he isn't a priest and could be reading from the Anarchist's Cookbook for all anybody there actually understands what he's saying. 

May 19, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #27 of 83
Thank you for feeding us with news and pictures... really wishing I lived in Japan, and, could read and speak Japanese :)

Also, wondering whether their demoing the Noble Audio Savant "code named Baby K10" and how it compares to the K10.. 

May 19, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #28 of 83
Nice pictures! Did you try the HE400S? What is that all about :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back