2011 College Football Thread
Oct 23, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #286 of 564

Quote:
So, Boise State is going to play for the national title.

I think it's a toss-up, between Boise and the loser of Bama/LSU if everybody wins out otherwise. There will be many arguments made for a replay of that game (especially if it's close) to decide the championship, so this may not be Boise's year regardless.

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #288 of 564
J W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Intelligent sports journalists and commentators like Craig James are picking the upset, too. 

Ha! Sorry the subject that has moved on, but that is funny right there. That is the name to drop should anyone attempt to defend ESPiN's integrity. Ivan Maisel and Pat Forde have both left in the last year, yet the above joker still has a job with the company.

Sucks that God's team lost of course. Since the Mizzou game, I noticed they have kind of played to the level of their comp. That will burn you sooner or later. So now instead of a legitimate MNC contender, the guys can claim to have lost the nation's longest home winning streak. The big factor for me was the Flemming injury. Gabe Lynn was a small island in a big ocean out there, and Tech knew it.  Still, I haven't given up on New Orleans. OU needs help, but the computers love the Big 12. So hope Stanford and Clemson lose, then a late win over #2 OkSU could be just the juice to get them there. They better start whooping teams though, beginning with K. State. 

I have a better chance with Michele Obama tonight, than BSU does for the title game btw. Their SOS will kill them in the end. 

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #289 of 564
Yeah the Sooners can start the road to BCS recovery with a win over KState.  Lose that game, though, and it's on to non BCS bowl selection.  

I can only wish that my purple wildcats had half he team the ones from the little apple have.  I'm thinking The NU version will be sitting at home during the bowl season, which is a bummer in an era where 50% of the teams in FBS go to bowls.

So CBS has moved LSU- Bama to prime time.  I hope that game lives up to the hype, but I am smelling an LSU thumping.

I still can't get over the ending of that MSU Wisconsin game.  Wisconsin made every late game mistake there is short of a personal foul.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #290 of 564
The TT win over OU was fun to watch.  A lot of people seem to overlook the fact that TT was not that bad of a team.  12 points combined difference with 2 ranked teams is not that bad for a 2 loss team.  Seems like the perfect trap game to me.  As far as BSU in the NC game, I would love to see it.  That is what it will take to put an end to this BSU hype.

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #291 of 564

Quote:
J W /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! Sorry the subject that has moved on, but that is funny right there. That is the name to drop should anyone attempt to defend ESPiN's integrity. Ivan Maisel and Pat Forde have both left in the last year, yet the above joker still has a job with the company.

The dweller of electrical closets and tool sheds had a nice game. 

How peeved are KSU fans right now? Seriously, no ESPN College Gameday in Manhattan? SC/Stanford, even with the Stanford/Oregon game looming just 2 weeks down the road? I guess the lure of Luck was too much. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #292 of 564

IT's going to be incredible. We just went HD at my house!

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #293 of 564
I'm dreading Saturday. Stanford will probably pick up the win; I just hope 'SC doesn't look bad. Also, I am very happy that Cal and Stanford were scheduled with the new North/South divisions. Stanford and Cal are old rivals. Not as much as Notre Dame and UCLA, but pretty close. I love that fans make the drive each way so there's always a good turnout from both sides.

Mdraluck23 - congrats! I love football in HD. I've only had it since earlier this year and really enjoy it. I hadn't had a TV since 2000, and that was a 27" CRT. The 42" LCD still amazes me. Everything looks so good! What really impresses me is over-the-air reception. HD is gorgeous - and free. :)

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #294 of 564
Stanford was lucky to get the win in Palo Alto last year, this game is for USC's season. The Cardinal goes down in a Mausoleum Ambush, pick of the week. 

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #295 of 564
Looking forward to Stanford USC, and KSU- OK, and MichST - Nebr.  Good games on paper. 

WVU - are they East or 12????  It's hard to imagine this year being so crazy in terms of conference-hopping.  Wow.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #296 of 564
Stanford is vulnerable, IMO.  I think USC has a shot if it can figure out a way to deal with Luck and Stanford's run game.  USC always plays hard-nosed defense, so I think we're in for a great game this weekend.

Anything can happen in the big game (Cal vs. Stanford), but unless Cal manages to pick up some momentum and gel quickly, Stanford's discipline and brute-force will be a significant hurdle for a team as inexperienced and young as Cal's.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #297 of 564
I watched some of Houston-Rice last night - how about Keenum throwing 9 TD's! Wow.  And he now holds the all-time record for TD passes. But the Miami-UVA game was better down the stretch.

Decent game tonight too in BYU-TCU.

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #299 of 564
Wow, what a day.  Clemson and K-State ousted from the Undefeated.  Stanford needs 3OT to prevent same.  Big Ten in a TOTAL mess.  I would NEVER have thought that at this stage only Penn State would have no conference losses.  And of course their only loss at all was to Alabama.  SHOCKED both that Nebraska beat MSU and that tOSU beat Wisco.  So if the season ended today, Penn State and Nebraska would play in the first B10 title game. However, these two teams play each other in two weeks.  So that will mean a conference loss for one of them, which will throw the whole thing wide open again.  Good grief.

Other random thoughts:  Oklahoma State - wow.  Maybe that's a good ball club.  I guess we will see when we get to Bedlam.  Nice rebound win by the Sooners.  But what a letdown by Texas Tech, getting WHOMPED by the Cyclones.  Odd.  I wish Vandy had held on.  Glad Mizzou did.

Quite a day, really. 

Oct 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #300 of 564
How did OU lose to Texas Tech? That has to be the head scratcher of the season.

I was a huge fan of SC last night. Stanford didn't do it for me before yesterday and Stanford still doesn't do anything for me today. I think I would rather see Boise State play in the NC game than Stanford. I'm going to be rooting for Oregon, unfortunately, though a win by the ducks may keep Oregon over OU. Sooners really needed SC to pull it through last night. 

I'm curious if OK State can make it to Dec 3 without a loss: @ Ttech, @ ISU, and KSU at home. The ISU and Ttech game may have swapped difficulties since last night. Both teams will be playing for bowl births, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back