2011 College Football Thread
Oct 21, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #271 of 564
It must be the enchiladas, I don't see it happening. How's that for decisive?

Way to go out on a limb with LSU/OSU/Stanford.

Good call with Miami though, it's possible.

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #272 of 564
OK, here we go.

Badgers > Spartans
Irish > Trojans

Hmmmm...

Now that I look at the schedule, I don't see a single game where I see an upset.  The most intrigue will be how LSU plays with the suspensions vs. how Auburn plays with new QB.

Seriously though, Wisconsin is going to be BIG over Sparty.  And it will give them the win against a ranked team that they need to impress the computer component of the BCS.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #273 of 564
I'm prone to agree with Viro at this point. I made my MU upset pick before I knew everybody else was going to make the same pick. That makes me cool, right? 

The money, money, money is piling up on the side of a close game or Mizzou win. Intelligent sports journalists and commentators like Craig James are picking the upset, too. 

There's a good chance that the Pokes bring their 'A' game to Columbia. Oughtta be an interesting game to watch. 

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #274 of 564
Wow.  Maybe LSU really is the best team in the country.  This is a booty-whipping.

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #276 of 564
It was a little ridiculous.

I'm not a huge football fan but on Saturdays everyone at work crowds around out TV displays and watches the game...

One of the cashiers is an LSU nut and is pretty vocal about it. It's a lot of fun. Looking forward to LSU v. Alabama in a few weeks. That's going to be a heck of a game...

Quote:
Wow.  Maybe LSU really is the best team in the country.  This is a booty-whipping.

Oct 23, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #279 of 564
That was an awfully late start time for OU/TTech.

What an ending... Tech worked hard for it.  Was impressed by how quickly OU was executing at the end, but ST kills another team.

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #280 of 564
I'm thrilled that USC took care of ND! Especially in South Bend and with a line of 10 in ND's favor.

They looked better than they have most of the season. I'm not optimistic about beatig Stanford or Oregon, but 'SC has a good chance of finishing 9-3 and possibly ranked.

I was also surprised by UCLA's collapse at Arizona. Arizona is 1-5 (IIRC, their last win was over UCLA last year) and just fired their coach. Could it be any worse for the poor Wildcats? Nevertheless, they pasted UCLA.

I've seen UCLA pasted many times, but always by a good team. This time, they were demolished by the worst, er, I mean second worst team in the Pac-12. And the final score makes it look closer than it actually was.

The fight was disgraceful, too.

Though with Notre Dame soundly defeated, I am very, very much looking forward to the Trojans thumping the Bruins for the last game of the season.

Even better will be seeing Neuheisel and AD Guerrero being shown the door.

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #281 of 564
Yes, in Northwest Indiana things went well.  ND lost, and Purdue beat Illinois.

Elsewhere, not so much.  While the end of the Wisconsin - MSU game was truly amazing, and the game was epic, the outcome was dissappointing for me.  Not nearly as dissappointing as watching my Cats blow another one.  We make every opposing offense look great.  We moved the ball very well against a good Penn State D, but we cannot stop anyone.  The only good news is Minnesota and Indiana are coming up on the schedule soon.

The TTU- OU delay meant I didn't see the end of that game.  TTU was WAY out in front when I went to bed.  I guess the OU rally came up just short.

Now if OU beats OSU things will really be in a mess.  I would say the line on the title game at this moment is SEC west winner versus Stanford.  But there are more games to be played, and there will be more upsets!

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #282 of 564
"There are more important things in life than football."

I wish I could believe it. How strange it is that the big upset for which I was searching was right underneath my nose the entire time. Terrible loss for the Sooners.  You just can't expect to win games giving up 40+ points. The offense also looked flat with dropped passes, missed blocks, and poorly thrown balls. And you'd think a blueblood like OU could manage to recruit a good kicker. 

Wisconsin Badgers, a team I picked preseason to play for the MNC, got beat on the last play by a former OU sooner. Huh. I'm happy for the kid, though.

Neither KSU or Stanford had any trouble. The OK State game, though, looked like it could teeter toward a loss for the Cowboys in the 3rd quarter. I thought LSU would have more trouble with Aurburn -- nope. Hey, I at least got the Cuse/WVU game right! 

Oct 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #283 of 564

Quote:
So, Boise State is going to play for the national title.

Of the teams left that have a shot, I think Boise State is the biggest threat to the SEC champ.  I see Bama/LSU ripping OK State or Stanford.

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #284 of 564
Wow, I don't know about that.  After watching BSU struggle a while with Air Force, I kinda think Stanford or OSU would hold up much better.

But it's still possible at this point that the national title game could be Boise State - Kansas State.  Cogitate on that for a bit.

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #285 of 564

Quote:
Wow, I don't know about that.  After watching BSU struggle a while with Air Force, I kinda think Stanford or OSU would hold up much better.

But it's still possible at this point that the national title game could be Boise State - Kansas State.  Cogitate on that for a bit.

Kansas State's schedule is about go get a whole lot harder.  I'll be shocked if they don't lose at least 2.  Hat's off to Bill Snyder though.  He's earned my respect.  

I say Boise State has the best chance because they've showed with a month+ of preparation, they can beat anyone.  (Oregon, Oklahoma, TCU, Georgia in recent years)  LSU/Bama is going to be physically superior to any team they play.  I think Boise has the attitude and coaching to close that gap.  I'd still favor Bama/LSU but I could at least see the chance of an upset.  Stanford/OSU's defenses would be totally futile against Bama/LSU's bruising attacks.  Bama/LSU both have the athletes to slow down the passing attacks of Stanford/OSU.  I can't see either of those teams coming with 14-17 points.  Boise has shown they are capable of slugging it out on defense.  (Dominating Oregon and Georgia's offenses in recent years)  Boise's unpredictable offense also seems to keep more talented teams on their heels.  But what do I know?  I thought Wisconsin was the 3rd best team in the country....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back