2011 College Football Thread
Nov 5, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #316 of 564

Quote:
As long as it's a blowout, I don't care that much who wins. But I generally don't root for Les Miles . . . .

Aww its no fun if its just a blowout. The best games are always the ones that come down to the final play. And i totally agree with your Les Miles comment
wink_face.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #317 of 564
I was happy to watch my Trojans pick up another W and Barkley set a school record with six touchdown passes. Thought they'd make a strong statement after the Stanford game.

I do feel bad for Colorado having a rough season - I do like the school. Hopefully, being in the Pac-12 will give them a better recruiting class and they can start rebuilding.

I'm beginning to think 'SC will take it to the Ducks. If anything, it'll be close. A 10-2 season with losses to Stanford and ASU would be awfully nice.

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #318 of 564
Erik my friend, you should enjoy this season of Trojan football.  The next few will be tough I have a feeling.

Im hoping LSU-Bama is decided by one score.  I want a great game.  No interest in a blowout.  

I wish I thought my Wildcats had a prayer in Lincoln today, but I'm expecting a very lopsided loss to the Huskers.  All the currently ranked Big Ten teams should pick up relatively easy wins today.  It's not a week of great matchups Big Ten country, like it was the last couple weeks.  Which is fine - with the SEC sporting two matchups between top ten teams, there will be no lack of entertaining football today.  KState OKState is also a very intriguing game for me.

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #319 of 564
WOW WOW WOW.

Go U NU!

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #321 of 564
Thanks man! That was indeed a very, very big win for us.  And I have never forgiven the Huskers for crushing us in the 2000 Alamo Bowl (which I attended), so this was very sweet for me.

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #323 of 564
Some pretty good games today.  OK St. hangs on, my Badgers end their losing streak, Stanford remains undefeated.  For all the hype for the LSU-Bama game, I almost fell asleep due to boredom

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #325 of 564
I actually thought the OKSt. -KSt. Game was much more fun than the LSU-Bama game.  But both were pretty awesome.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #327 of 564
These earthquakes are messed up. 

9-6! Man, am I ever excited for the rematch in January! 

K-State can be a saucy little number if you let 'em. OK State did, and it almost messed a lot of stuff up. I'd still take Pokes against the Tree team and Boise. . . maybe not LSU. 

RB being out for the year is no good at all. 

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #328 of 564
Really? I love the games where no one moves. Everyone it getting tackled really hard and the tension just builds. Some of my favorite games to watch. The score was a little boring, but I thought it was a really exciting game.

Quote:
For all the hype for the LSU-Bama game, I almost fell asleep due to boredom

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #329 of 564
I definitely appreciated the outstanding defense that was on display.  Actually thought Bama's D played better overall, but the missed FG's sunk them.

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #330 of 564

Quote:
Really? I love the games where no one moves. Everyone it getting tackled really hard and the tension just builds. Some of my favorite games to watch. The score was a little boring, but I thought it was a really exciting game.

100% agree.  I'll take a physical, hard-nosed battle of the trenches over watching 4.5 hours of bubble screens any day.  I wish there would have been a touchdown or two, but it was still an epic battle of the 2 best teams in the country.  Hopefully LSU and Alabama's success creates a renaissance of "Real" football. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back