2011 College Football Thread
Nov 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #331 of 564
Well all we have left is the Vols in Fayetteville and the Bulldogs in Little Rock, then it's a road trip to Death Valley to face the Bayou Bengals.  Going to be a fun month for a Hog fan.  Woo Pig Sooee!!!  Wonder how far Bama will drop tonight.  I would say no less than third, but I think it will have to be more than that to keep the networks and BCS happy.  No way does they want to take a chance of a remach happening.

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #332 of 564

Quote:
Really
confused_face_2.gif
  These teams no doubt have great defenses but that was some of the worst offensive football I've ever seen

When two teams have great defenses dude, it is nearly impossible to make the offense look good.  Trust me, they both have a good offense.

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #333 of 564

Quote:
Well all we have left is the Vols in Fayetteville and the Bulldogs in Little Rock, then it's a road trip to Death Valley to face the Bayou Bengals.  Going to be a fun month for a Hog fan.  Woo Pig Sooee!!!  Wonder how far Bama will drop tonight.  I would say no less than third, but I think it will have to be more than that to keep the networks and BCS happy.  No way does they want to take a chance of a remach happening.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bama is the 2nd best team in the country.  However, the other undefeated's deserve a shot.  Bama had theirs AT HOME and didn't get it done.  Here's how I'd rank 'em:

1) LSU
2) Okie State
3) Stanford
4) Boise State
5) Alabama

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #334 of 564
I wonder if Stanford will jump OSU in the polls due to OSU's narrow win.  But that won't happen in the BCS as the computers will add the win over KSU positively for the Pokes.  It will also be interesting to see if KSU can ounce back after two tough losses and get back to winning.

RonnieLee I forgot to say congrats on the nice win over SCar.  Impressive.  And to OU Sonner lovers, OU looked good in beating the Aggies too.

The Big Ten is now in Penn State's hands, although having to play Wisconsin, MSU, and Nebraska in the last three games is pretty close to mission impossible for the Nittanies I think.  I still actually think Wisconsin is the best team in the Big Ten.  But I am not sure they will get the chance to win the conference.  We shall see.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #335 of 564
OU looked good in the 3rd quarter. The first half was chock full of mistakes. Getting 2 turnovers at the opponents 20 yard line and getting only 1 field goal out of them... kinda sad.

Nov 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #338 of 564

Quote:
SEC football is the result of a sport evolving into a religion.

I would like to also point out:  There is stained glass on the Ohio Stadium rotunda:

moz-screenshot-5.png

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #339 of 564
Quote:
SEC football is the result of a sport evolving into a religion.

Nah.  I'd say it's more the result of sport returning to the feverish level of devotion it enjoyed during the more barbaric ages... 
tongue_smile.gif

"Are you not entertained?"

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #340 of 564

Quote:
Nah.  I'd say it's more the result of sport returning to the feverish level of devotion it enjoyed during the more barbaric ages... 
tongue_smile.gif

"Are you not entertained?"

Lord knows they deserved multi-million dollar contracts (the gladiators I mean).  Some things are meant to be dangerous.  One can do everything to minimize the risk but the risk adds to the excitement.  Take motorsports for example.

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #341 of 564
I feel sorry for Oklahoma State. They just keep winning, yet everyone always wants to put them on upset alert. This is the last home game for the red raiders, a team fighting for bowl eligibility. I could see the upset, but I'd expect OK State to take them seriously after what they've already done to OU. 

Nebraska/PSU. How funny is it that one of the best academic schools in the Big Ten beat one of the best football schools in the Big Ten in football? I'm going with the non-AAU to redeem itself against PSU. 

Iowa over pretty-in-pink Spartans. 
I liked Georgia at the beginning so I might as well stick with 'em against Auburn.
Ditto for Stanford. Nah, never mind. I hate picking one team and then rooting for the other. I'm going all in on the side of Donald. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #342 of 564

Quote:

Nebraska/PSU. How funny is it that one of the best academic schools in the Big Ten beat one of the best football schools in the Big Ten in football? I'm going with the non-AAU to redeem itself against PSU. 

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We will never be the perennial football power that the Huskers are, but at least we were able to show Nebraska that it is possible for smart kids to play some decent ball now and again
tongue_smile.gif

That said, one has to assume that the constant stream of news out of State College PA this week will have some impact on the team - but it could cut either way.  I am going to assume that it will galvanize them, and that they will rally to put the Huskers down a second time.  The problem for the Huskers is that we have provided a roadmap on how to beat them.  We put 9-10 guys in the box and said you will ONLY beat us throwing.  And they could not (although they did come close).  Penn State should have an easier time doing that than we did.  If the Nittanies can score a little, they will win.

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #343 of 564
So it looks like Joe Paterno's coaching career may end within the next couple of months (if not hours). 

What other coach regularly wears a tie to games? Mario Cristobal? 

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #344 of 564

Quote:
So it looks like Joe Paterno's coaching career may end within the next couple of months (if not hours). 

What other coach regularly wears a tie to games? Mario Cristobal? 

Al Golden (Miami Hurricanes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back