2010 College Football Thread
Nov 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #556 of 928

Quote:
That sucked. Really wanted the Tide to win it. Oh well. Let's hope the Oregon game is also entertaining.

Yeah,me too...oh well,my hat is off to those Auburn players and coaches.If they could come back that far on that good Bama defense,well it's look out South Carolina in the SEC Championship game and hello National Championship Bowl game.What a turnaround...and the possibility of another SEC National Champion helps me feel a little better about it.
happy_face1.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #559 of 928
Anyone else watching this craziness that is the BSU game? Tied 31-31 going into overtime. I can't believe Boise missed that last second gimme field goal.

edit: He just missed another one from 29!!

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #560 of 928
...and the Wolfpack is still undefeated on this continent, this year.

Even more important, I am 2/2 today 
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #562 of 928
The Tigers and the Ducks for all the marbles, I would watch that in January 
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #563 of 928
Skylab:
That sucked. Really wanted the Tide to win it. Oh well. Let's hope the Oregon game is also entertaining.

I'm another but also have to say you have to top you cap to Auby for that win. Geese Louise, they spot the Tide twenty four bones and still win the damn thing! That was impressive. Their comeback was sewn on D-fence, which is one thing that I have doubted about them. First, there were those two huge forced fumbles in the first half. How big did those turn out to be? Then the pass rush kicked in the second half; really impressive. And goes to show the worth of that old coaches' saying that a good D-Line will mask a lot of things. To further the point, they did that against four guys on the Tide O-line that are going to play in the pros. BTW, Fluker for the Tide, is going to be superstar. He is only a red shirt Frosh on that right side. He'll be the left flank before long. The guy is a wall and moves well for his mammoth size. I, along with many others, have had my eye on him since the H.S. army bowl a few years ago. They pulled him a bit yesterday, and I swore a shadow was cast across the field, as that bull charged.  

That was a good day of football. Hope today will hold the same standard. It should. There are so many classic matchups on tap. 

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #564 of 928

Quote:
I'm another but also have to say you have to top you cap to Auby for that win. Geese Louise, they spot the Tide twenty four bones and still win the damn thing! That was impressive. Their comeback was sewn on D-fence, which is one thing that I have doubted about them. First, there were those two huge forced fumbles in the first half. How big did those turn out to be? Then the pass rush kicked in the second half; really impressive. And goes to show the worth of that old coaches' saying that a good D-Line will mask a lot of things. To further the point, they did that against four guys on the Tide O-line that are going to play in the pros. BTW, Fluker for the Tide, is going to be superstar. He is only a red shirt Frosh on that right side. He'll be the left flank before long. The guy is a wall and moves well for his mammoth size. I, along with many others, have had my eye on him since the H.S. army bowl a few years ago. They pulled him a bit yesterday, and I swore a shadow was cast across the field, as that bull charged.  

That was a good day of football. Hope today will hold the same standard. It should. There are so many classic matchups on tap. 

Yep, I agree with all that, especially about Auburn's D.  I didn't think that they would be up to the task of shutting Bama down the rest of the way like they did.

Ducks - same old Ducks - so awesome on Offense that it's hard to see them losing, even to Auburn.  They gave up a lot of yards to Arizona, and still won handily.

I was sawing logs during the BSU meltdown, but not all that surprised.  Thank god the WAC contains more than one quality team this year.

The wacky Big Ten championship will come down to the NU - Wisco game, but MSU and tOSU fans should start to make their non-BCS game plans now.  Not only do we (NU) not have our outstanding starting QB, but we will also be without starting tailback Mike Trumpy for this game, and he was our lone bright spot on the Persa-less offense of last week's bad loss to Illinois.  Our offense is now toothless, our defense Mediocre, and Wisco will be highly motivated.  We're going to get crushed.  While NU is 5-4 versus Wisco over the last 9, today will even that score, sadly.

I am looking forward to wlatching Bedlam tonight, too, for sure.  One of the more meaningful Bedlam's in recent history, IIRC.

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #566 of 928
Alot on the line for my Hogs today.  Barring a total meltdown we should be able to pull this one off.  If we do I am going to be anxious to see if the Sugar Bowl Committee finds a way to still jump LSU in instead of us (if Auburn makes it past USC).  They want LSU big time.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #567 of 928
I'd still bet on OSU making a BCS at-large bid, thanks to the BSU loss.  I wouldn't leave MSU out either, especially if Wisconsin loses.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #568 of 928

Quote:
Alot on the line for my Hogs today.  Barring a total meltdown we should be able to pull this one off.  If we do I am going to be anxious to see if the Sugar Bowl Committee finds a way to still jump LSU in instead of us (if Auburn makes it past USC).  They want LSU big time.

If Auburn makes it past USC, not sure what you mean by that?

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #569 of 928

Quote:

Quote:

The other USC, South Carolina.  They play in the SEC championship game.

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #570 of 928

Quote:

Quote:

Yea, the USC that is actually rated this year, not the other one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back